Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-29-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
What board does Rathy ride? In Fort Worth he was riding the 09 Monarch I believe. The next stop he was riding the 08 Monarch. And in Knoxville he was riding the Assault. Does he just switch up what he rides? Props to him for killing it on whatever board he rides!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
most pics i have seen he is on the Assault. byerly boards only has two boards (for now... unless one wants to include the old legacy) interesting though.

he probably prefers one over the other with rails too if that has anything to do with it in addition
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       06-29-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
IM SURE AARON WILL BE GETTING A PRO MODEL SOON, SO IM SURE YOU WILL SEE HIM SWITCHING IT UP THROUGHOUT THE SEASON. THATS HOW YOU GET A FEEL FOR WHAT YOU WANT IN A PROTOTYPE. AS FAR AS RIDING LAST YEARS MODEL, HE PROBABLY BROKE THE 09 AND ONLY HAD AN 08 LAYING AROUND AND HYPERLITE COULDNT GET HIM A NEW 09 BEFORE THE STOP......
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
I haven't seen the pics, but are they Monarch shapes or a different shape with Monarch graphics? I have seen pro's who are going through the proto stages riding a new shape with some pretty random old graphics pressed on them. A few years back Adkison was riding his proto Transcend with Flame graphics pressed on the board. Just curious.
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
in wisconsin rathy was ridng an 08 monarch he got from a local shop cuz he wasnt able to bring his board with him because it smelled like gas so the airline wouldnt allow him to check it
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
^ Are you serious? That sucks!
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-29-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
yea errington was talking about it on twitter
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
If you look close on this vid from last weekend it looks like the board is a monarch with assault graphics...the lines and shape of the board look more like a monarch to me...
http://www.theliquidcircus.com/index.php?page=blog&post=watch-aaron-rathys-finals-run-from-the-knoxville-us-pro-tour
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-29-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
Heres a side by side
Upload
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-30-2009, 3:31 AM Reply   
you're right it looks a lot like a monarch i wonder if it is a proto that he is working on or if it is a straight up monarch pressed with a assault graphic