Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-07-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
I'm looking for an update on the prop-eating debris at Shasta. I was there 5 weeks ago and it was pretty bad. Heading back next week and was wondering what to expect. Are there areas / arms that are worse than others? Thanks
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-07-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
steve..we will be there too, altho i have no idea on the debris
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-07-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
I hope it has cleared up. I just repaired my prop a couple months ago.

Jonny,

I also have a couple helmets. Last year we had to go around our cove and clean up debris before we rode.

40 hours from now, we will be ON SHASTA!
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-07-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
Still a lot of debris in the lake. Mcloud last Saturday was good in the morning but by the afternoon was almost unrideable. Yesterday we were on the Obrien arm and all was good. The lake is dropping so hopefully by the weekend it will clear up some more.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-07-2006, 11:43 PM Reply   
was out today on the mcloud still some debris but not a soul in sight and just like glass. you are just going to have to be careful. there are logs also some almost submerged. things will get better over time.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-08-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Phaeton-
what causes the change from morning to afternoon in terms of debris? Is the Sac arm any better / worse that McCloud? We are going in at Holiday Harbor. Thanks
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-08-2006, 12:19 PM Reply   
I think it has to do with all the boats from the weekend and there waves washing up on shore and pulling the debris back into the lake. I would still stick with the McCloud over the Sac arm.
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
Just got back from the lake this evening. Just a little debris considering the water is still so high. The more wave action, the more debris there will be. I was on the sac arm between sugarloaf and antlers and had the place to myself the last 3 days. Water temp 74-75. I was on the McCloud last week and the afternoon north wind churned the water up and pushed the debris around.