Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    spinninrick            04-29-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Does anyone know who qualified fro JR Men?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-29-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Today the CWB team won 5 out of 8 heats and have 48% of the riders in the Jr.Mens finals. Go team CWB! It should be posted soon.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-29-2005, 4:41 PM Reply   
We haven't gotten the results yet, but we'll get them up as soon as we do.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-29-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Someone has their thinking cap on up there...
Let's start releasing some killer products, make a strong push into the market, and have the baddest junior team by far... Wonder who the next big wake company will be..??
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-29-2005, 8:46 PM Reply   
Dave- on the prognostication wasn't Kevin Henshaw on the Jr. Men's list? I picked him to win Jr. Men's, I didn't know that he was going pro this year.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-30-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
I believe there is a few other Jr mens riders on that list that went pro this year
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-30-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
I put jeff house to take it he is still riding in junior right
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-30-2005, 10:55 PM Reply   
Ringo - yes, and I think he's in the hunt. Look near the bottom.

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=163
Old    malibu36            05-01-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
i rode with nick jones in march and that kid can rip. watch out for him!!!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-01-2005, 2:18 PM Reply   
Pro Finals
1st Soven
2nd Josh Sanders

Jr Mens Finals -
1st Jef House
2nd Aron Rathy
3rd Philip Combs
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-01-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
Don't forget Daniel Watkins 3rd!

Also Dallas Friday took 1st place women's.

GO O'Brien!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-01-2005, 10:09 PM Reply   
Yes, Kevin was categorized wrong. I didn't know he was going pro either. We always have to make a few adjustments after the first tourny once we see who is riding where.
Old     (shaggy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-02-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
"i rode with nick jones in march and that kid can rip. watch out for him!!!"

Malibu36 is right. I saw a video of Nick at the Seattle Boat Show and at the Butter Effect premier. He did a method whirly 5, Big Worm, 720, Bat wing to blind 3. It was crazy. Definitely watch out for him. He rips.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-02-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
I agree... if he can ever put it together for 3 rounds, he can win a jr. men tournament. His biggest problem is that he has not been consistent. He has enough in his bag to beat anybody in jr. mens, but, you have to be able to be consistant for every round. He thru a cro-5 and big worm to qualify, thats way to much, he can back off and still qualify. Save the big stuff for later. He is a major talent.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-02-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
TConway, I don't know if it is completely true that he could beat anybody in jr. men with those tricks. he sounds pretty good though, maybe on a good day when house is having a bad day- and aaron rathy.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-02-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
j hill= he has enough to beat anybody...really. But i don't know if he can put it together for 3 rounds. I have seen the best jrs. and he has the most tricks that I have seen. But, that dosn't matter if he can't do it consistantly. My son dosn't have as many tricks as many of the other jrs., but he always stands his pass...and that is the key.

Jeff House finally won in Orlando... that is his first win on the pro tour. He is now living in Orlando and is really riding well. Go CWB!
Old     (shaggy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-03-2005, 9:21 AM Reply   
I could be wrong, but don't the Junior Men only have two rounds to ride in at all the tour stops. I know Orlando has 3 rounds because of the qualifier, but I think that is it. I talked to my buddy who saw Nick ride in Orlando and sounds like he definitely has enough tricks to win Jr. Men's. Plus I heard he slid well at the first stop, but I wasn't there that is just what I heard.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
You are right. There are 2 rounds from now on. But, Nick could still back off a little on his first round and still qualify.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-03-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
I'm sorry but how on earth could anyone throw a Method Whirly 5? Isn't that a bit impossible?? Congrats to all the rippers. I thought Jeff House had messed himself up a couple months ago. Looks like he healed up nicely. C-Dub to the house!!!
Old     (shaggy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-03-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
You are right. I meant a method crow 5. Brain fart. Too much writing.