Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       09-12-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Okay, I am probably gonna get reemed for asking this, first let me say I am not asking for anyone to bask either board, just have one question... I have a 03 byerly DNA that I have been riding for a while now, and my buddy just got an 05 lute plat... upon observing the the molded fins and center fin, along with the rocker, we have come to conclude that they are very similar. I was wondering if ayone else had an opinion on this, about the only visible difference I see is that the byerlys middle fin is slightly bigger that the lute. so am I correct on this assumption??
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2005, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have on 03' Byerly and that is what I've been riding since, well 03'. Good board with alot of nice features. Pops well, but demands good fundamentals. I ride it with the stock 1.1" fin, but probably should go down in size.

I rode my bro's 04 absolute, and I don't think it's any different from the 05, but I could be wrong there. To me, it seemed a bit harder to make the absolute take off when cutting. I don't know if that necessarily means it's slower, but it just seemed that the Absolute did not initially cut as hard.

The pop is very different. The Absolute had a smoother pop, the Bylerly bucks a bit, but I like that as I am bigger and need every once of upward force I can muster.

The absolute had a smaller center fin and was way looser on the water. The Byerly's glassed in fins are pretty agressive as well.

They may look alot the same, but feel a good deal different on the water. I would buy an absolute in a second and know that I was making a good decision. I stick with my Byerly for now because it does alot of things very well, and it has lot's of skulls on it.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-12-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
I ride a 03 Bylerly and 04 Asolute, Byerly is faster, bucks you a bit higher and lands noticeably harder than the absolute