Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-31-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
So how are you storing your boat this winter? Don’t know if mine will fit in my garage, so looking for different ideas.
Old     (tory1340)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-31-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
Couldn't make the turn in my driveway to get in the long side of the garage. Paying for heated indoor storage. Grrr. But, I know it is safe and secure in one of the gigantic buildings along with about a thousand other boats.

What's the general Wakeworld consensus on shrink wrap? Cost? Benefits? Negatives?
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-31-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
We got a Cover-It temporary shelter. We leave it up year round and have been very happy with. Don't get me wrong a real building would be way better but I prefer this to shrink wrapping cause it allows air circulation and it protects the trailer. It handles the snow easily and so far were on our 4th year with no problems. Here is the company site http://www.shelterlogic.com/index.php
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-31-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yeah I got one of those on the side of my house, it only took 6 months before the tarp began to deteriorate, through another tarp on top so it wouldn't leak, I think if they came with a better quality tarp I would keep it, but this is my 3rd canopy and will be my last tarp type, think I will build a canopy

(Message edited by kenteck on October 31, 2006)
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-31-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
I'm not sure if yours was made by the same manufacturer as ours was, but we have had ours for 4 years and have had no problems. The shelter we have wasn't cheap we paid around $600 for it and it was on sale. There are many companies that make these shelters and many are very cheap, so remember you get what you pay for.
Old     (kenteck)      Join Date: Jan 2005       10-31-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
I know, this one cost me 380.00 on sale, the poles are still great, It was just a cheap tarp.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-31-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
I just bought one as well. (www.tarpmaster.com) Put it up on the weekend and will put the boat away this weekend. From looking at what else is out their, I liked this one the best... they also sell the replacement covers. ( the original is rated @ 7 years)

Does anyone have any tips to store the boat in these shelters? I am going to pick up the moister trap crystals ( lack of the proper term) to try to keep the boat dry.

Any other tips?

Thanks
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-31-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
I managed to get my boat in the garage. Just had to rotate the boat some and patch one hole in the wall next spring.
Boat= 21'6"
Garage= 20'3"
Me= Extremely Happy
All those winter projects can be done inside now.