Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
I got a chance to ride behind an Epic for a quick session today and have to say that I couldn't be much more impressed. Despite the worst riding conditions of the year (strong headwinds and a lake filled to capacity with yahoos) I still managed to have a good time.

We were only running 400lbs over stock and the wake had as much or more drive then anything I've ever ridden. (Shannon rode behind it yesterday with just the stock ballast and had the same exact things to say) I can only imagine riding behind it on a good day.

In short i've ridden behind Mastercrafts, Nautiques, Malibu, and Centurion and IMO the EPIC holds the most promise of being the ultimate wakesurfing boat and is very deserving of the name.

Upload
Upload
Jessica Oswald boosting
Upload
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
In short i've ridden behind Mastercrafts, Nautiques, Malibu, and Centurion and IMO the EPIC holds the most promise of being the ultimate wakesurfing boat and is very deserving of the name.

oops, I think that came out wrong because i didn't mean to imply that any of the boats above are lacking because I've surfed incredible wakes behind all of them but after reading a few negative things about them I was floored. Despite not feeling 100% from a flu I had it and horrible conditions it was still my best 1st ride behind a new boat and it wasn't even close to being "slammed".

(Message edited by caskimmer on May 27, 2007)
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-27-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
Sean,
Stock ballast on an Epic is 4000lbs right?
I do not think any boat needs more than that!!!

Sounds like San V was a mess!!!!
I need to get a board bag from you . I will send an e-mail soon.
Peace!!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
Actually that's El Cap and it was as bad as it gets there. I'm betting the except for the course San V was even worse.

I know that at least 1 of the tanks was empty at all times so there was never 4000lbs of ballast and the boat was still sitting very high in the water for wakesurfing.

However it was set up was sick and it was lightning fast making the switch from a port wake to starboard one.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2007, 7:10 AM Reply   
I'd love to see pics of just the wake.