Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-20-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden this board just wondering how it rides because i am board shopping :-)!!
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
^^^^^^I'm curious as well, I have one sitting in plastic. I can tell you that the colors are switched, the 54" is orange and the 56" is yellow.
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-20-2010, 7:50 PM Reply   
Here are the specs from HO Sports:

Cory, the 54 weighs about 7.5 lbs

2010 54 Conspiracy:

Surface area: 813 square in.
Tip/Tail width: 11.8”
Center width: 17.0”
Rocker: 2.6” (blended 3-stage)
Stance: 20” – 24”

-------------

2010 56 Conspiracy:

Surface area: 856 square in.
Tip/Tail width: 12.0”
Center width: 17.25”
Rocker: 2.7” (blended 3-stage)
Stance: 21” – 25”
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2010, 10:11 PM Reply   
I havent ridden it yet, but I can tell you about it

Shaped by Scott "Butch" Bouchard
Blended 3 stage = fast with good pop
glass rope around the edges makes the board tough as nails and gives it a spring in the board
Glas rope under the foot beds makes it the toughest compression molded board on the market (breaks at over 2000lbs compared to the average 900lbs)
the combination of both glass ropes makes it the thinnest toughest board possible
Ridden by Aaron Rathy and his 2009 Highlights are as follows: (which alot was while riding on a Conspiracy)
— Won Best Wakeboarder at WAKEBOARDING magazine’s 2009 Wake Awards.
— Won the Oakley Wakeboarding Move of the Year at WAKEBOARDING magazine’s 2009 Wake Awards for his wrapped melon backside 1080.
— Landed a heelside backside olé 1080, which was nominated for Oakley Wakeboarding Move of the Year at WAKEBOARDING magazine’s 2009 Wake Awards
— Won the 2009 King of Wake season title, finishing on the podium at all but two King of Wake events.
— Won two stops on the 2009 MasterCraft Pro Wakeboard Tour as well as 2009 WWA World Wakeboarding Championships.
— Won Most Creative Run at the first Red Bull Wake Lab event in Orlando.
— Was named Most Progressive rider at the second Red Bull Wake Lab event in Tempe, Arizona.
— Won WakeStock
— Finished second in the voting for Best Wakeboarding Video Performance at WAKEBOARDING magazine’s 2009 Wake Awards for his part in Global Warning.

Scott "Butch" Bouchard has also shaped the new hazard surfer (I have only ridden the prototype of this but it is bar far the BEST surfer I have ever been on), the new B-Side (JD Webb's 2010 promodel) and that is only his boards in 2010.

On top of all of that, it is one of the least expensive pro model boards with a ton of new technology.

Do you need any more info than that? I will find out more for you if you have any specific questions.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-21-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
Corey has beat me to the punch as far as description goes, but i have ridden it both on cable and off the wake. let me start by saying this board is tougher than a brick sh*t house. my friend dropped his down the stairs at owc (concrete ones out front, not wood ones in back) and there were only a few little scuffs, no major chunks or dents of any kind. also slid it all week and same results.

on to how it rides. I previously rode the monarch and marekso I'll compare it to that and the LF watson. much faster than Watson a little faster than monarch and very close in speed to marek. a hair grippier than Watson and monarch but for sure looser than marek with 1.0 fins but since the fins have a cutaway trailing edge it releases quicker than both. extremely stable due to the fat @ss tip/tail and HOLY POP off the wake. it had me a little scared on the first couple hits. and this is coming from the monarch but it's smooth and manageable. I rode it on my first boat set in 4 months and hit a t/s 7 first try, a trick I usually struggle with (i went the whole 08 summer without hitting one!). needless to say I'm uber stoked on this board and have no desire to ride anyting else. I'm like a kid on Xmas every time I ride it! Do Not pass up this board without a good look or demo! hope this helps.
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-21-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Tom - Are you riding the 54 or 56 Conspiracy?
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-21-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom and Corey Sovles all problems!!! Tom i love how you compared it to the watson!! that has been my board for 4 years!! and i am pumped to ride Byerly!!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-25-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
fletch - i used to ride a 54 monarch and 141 marek but stepped up to a 56 conspir. big dog! love it, pops too much and has too much stability and control. i havent ridden in 4 months and this board feels like i was born riding it!

*update* i have been riding it at rixen for the last 4 days and it has taken all the abuse i can dish out. it still looks practically brand new. the ABS fins are so tough that they actually have scraped some of the ramp's surface off onto the fins, not the other way around. no biggie though it wipes off and then the fins look new again. so far in the last 4 days riding the conspiracy i have doubled the height of my air roll2reverts, learned air raleys (from scratch), learned indy glides off kickers (from scratch), and hit my first h/s 7 (off kicker, i know i know not the same as boat, but spinning on this deck is too damn easy!) i have landed on the board on a few accidentally overspun h/s 9's. it is a crime that i must wait another 3-4 months to ride again. dont worry the vid from this last long weekend is coming!
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
Tom - Make sure and send that vid my way when you get it. I would like to see it and share it with the crew here at Hyperlite if that's alright with you. My email address is coreym@hosports.com.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (cwfletch)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-26-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Tom, I have a 54, looks like I'm selling it and picking up the 56!
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-26-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
fletch - ha, dude honestly the only reason i jumped up a size this year is ive been packin on a few lbs as of late and im heavier than ever, so i figured a tad extra surface couldn't hurt. its such a stable board i dont think you need to ditch your 54. but like i said the extra surface area just cant hurt. if you've never ridden it, prepare for a snappy light weight thrill!

corey - sure, no problem. i'd be stoked to share it. i havent edited in quite some time so its not gonna be a masterpiece, but ill start getting it together real soon here.

(Message edited by tom_paz on January 26, 2010)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
Great review Tom....I'm considering that exact board for 2010 as well. Can't wait. Hope all is well, bro.