Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-28-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
To: <scanaday@san.rr.com>
Subject: Undeliverable mail: Hello
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 04:07:08 -0500
Attachments: unknown.unk,Size: 150 bytes.
unknown.unk,Size: 623 bytes.

Click here to clean up the attachments on mail2webServer
Failed to deliver to '<sam@buywake.com>'
RAV AntiVirus plugin for CommuniGate Pro has found a virus in the e-mail you are about to send. Your message is not delivered.

Got this email earlier, I don't know if I sent you something or its the virus, but buywake.com might be infected. Don't open an undeliverable email or attachments from them if you get it.

If anyone knows which side has the virus let me know.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-28-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
I have gotten so many damn virus emails in the past 2 days from auls@malibuboats.com">pauls@malibuboats.com, boatlandb1@cs.com and so on an so forth, somebody make it stop
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-28-2004, 10:24 AM Reply   
Sam, its likely that your computer has the virus and the virus sent out mail to addresses spoofed from your mailbox. Did you ever open up the zip attachment in one of these mails?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-28-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
My name is Sean and no.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
Neither of you probably have the virus, it grabs random names from address books and puts them in the header, so its coming from someone who has you in their address book
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       01-28-2004, 3:35 PM Reply   
Yep, NoneYa has it right. The virus tries to trick you by forging the Sender, plus that way you don't know who really is infected. What I thought was interesting is that this virus will take a known good domain name, such as wakeworld.com, and then start making up email addresses: bill@wakeworld.com, steve@wakeworld.com, mike@wakeworld.com, etc. My friend found that out because his domain only has 3 valid email addresses but he received the virus addressed to 100's of different names that never existed (he has one account that all email addresses go to in case of an error instead of automatically rejecting them).
Old    totalvidgirl            01-29-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Check out the article below:
http://msn.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100983&affid=10 2

Info on the latest virus going around that does exactly what you're talking about.
Old    buttacup            01-29-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I just got a message from wakepaula@aol.com and a ton of others with this nasty virus. Good thing I don't open these attachments.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       01-29-2004, 2:21 PM Reply   
Well we need to find who has the virus on wakeworld because it is someone who knows me and Paula.
Old    slideit            01-29-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
buy a mac
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-29-2004, 9:13 PM Reply   
I know you and Paula! Updated my Norton and scanned last night - 0 infections.