Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
I figured I'd hang around for a bit and check this place out. Cool place, but I'm a little out of my element here. Definately dig the boats and the stereos though!

If I can make a small suggestion to the membership here. If you guys are looking to modify your boats in any aspect, you should definately check out the performance side of things before just blindly buying some off the shelf part that everyone else has. The heritage of wakeboard boats, comes from the performance world, and damn near every peace of new "technology" has been done for years, or was done years ago in the performance world. It's a large untapped resource of parts, and knowledge that would definately lend itself in some areas extremely well to wakeboarding.

By that I mean, I've been on here for less then a week, and suggested a sea strainer. These are common place in the performance world, and it seems like nobody has ever even heard of one over here?

The idea of doing something "custom" like a custom made ride plate seems so outlandish, but people do it all the time in performance V-Drives. Custom Guages, Bezels, shifters, speaker grills..

Why not make your boat your own? There is a grip of machining in the wakeboard world, but it seems like only the mfg's are doing it. Realize that there's 100's of shops out there doing there own machining/fabrication, so if you have some idea for your boat, and nobody makes it, then hit up some shops outside of the wakeboarding world.

Visit some online places like

www.danamarineproducts.com

www.rexmar.com

They all make bitchen billet battery boxes for the banks of batteries you guys must be running for those stereos. They also make countless other products that you'd find applicable for your boats.

Other shops like Get Real Performance have made things like Custom Billet hold downs for various Generators (for large stereos) and other miscellaneous items that transcend both the performance world, and the wakeboat world.

http://www.getrealperformance.com/

www.primemarineusa.com

That being said, I'm out.. Peace in the hood Party people! Hope to see some of you out tearing it up in Parker this summer.

By the way, If I can be of any help in anyway in the future, feel free to e-mail me riverdave@rivertoys.com

I've been around the custom world for a long time, and I know a thing or two about fabrication and machining. ;)
RD

(Message edited by riverdave on May 31, 2007)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-31-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for stopping by Dave. I think it is unfortunate you are leaving. Always good to have a melting pot of people around to help out when that time in need comes around.

Take care.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-31-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
RD - enjoyed having you. Good tips and links.tks. stop by sometime and say wazzup!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Good luck and come back once in awhile if you can.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Peace Dave and HAMMER DOWN BABY!
Old    mendo247            05-31-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
10 posts a day average and now your just gonna up and leave! lol

see you over at hotboat!
Old    K.B.C.            05-31-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Cool man, thanks for coming over for a bit. Please let all those hotboaters over there know that we're not such bad guys after all.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Best to ya riverdave, thanks.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-31-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
thanks dave. later
Old     (kerryn2skiing)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-31-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
See ya on The Strip. How come your never showed us your "HOT BOAT?"
Old     (who_the_hell_is_dave_johnson)      Join Date: May 2007       05-31-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Dave does not have a hotboat! His parents did! A wealth of knowledge that boy. It is great to see that he is going to get back in shape though.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Ya know I was jetting, becuase I just didn't have time to keep up with 5 different message boards, but hey.. I'll take 5 or 6 minutes out of my day to straighten you out.

1st off, I've forgotten more about boats, performance boats or otherwise then you'll probably ever know.

2ndly, just becuase you read some things on hotboat, you think your all knowledgeable on my life?

I never denied the fact that the 22 Nordic that was posted on hotboat was in my old man's name. At the time that boat was bought in 98 I was all of 22 years old. If you know 22 year olds dropping 50 large on a boat, then they are into something illegal, and or from the lucky sperm club.

Somethings you don't know, later on in life I went partners with the old man on the boat and paid for 1/2 of it cash.. I also threw in well over 10K in sterero cash. I also paid for all the maintenance, engine rebuilds, upgrades, cash. I averaged about 2 - 5K a year in maintenance and upgrades on that boat.

Since your an internet troll though, I'll just lay down the facts for you.. I've owned in the past, 2 Spectra 20's, One Spectra 24, One 10' Schiada, and I'm picking up something next week that I'll wait until later to post on the boards.

So lets talk about you for a second.. Have you ever built a boat, or hell have you ever built anything from the ground up? C'mon now prideful, the world is watching, time to put up or shut up.

Let's see a picture of your shiatbox..

RD

(Message edited by riverdave on June 01, 2007)
Old     (norcalrider39)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
Kevin with your 2nd post there you proved.....idiots are everywhere. Dave has undoubtedly provided a lot of helpful information and has done a great job at proving not all hot boaters are idiots..you on the other hand..
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-01-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
wow. we made it 9 posts before Clitorino opened up his mouth! second post, no less.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Maybe he just didn't want me to leave? LOL...

RD
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-01-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
So you staying now with all this love going on?????
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-01-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
This went south in a hurry...

Hotboats...??? Been there, done that. Having more fun at the end of the rope, than wrenching on a big block all day...To each his/her own I guess.
Old     (who_the_hell_is_dave_johnson)      Join Date: May 2007       06-01-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
People don't let the smooth taste fool you. Riverdave is a drunk driving menace to the water world. His infinite knowledge will astonish you all. David, I have built more boats in my day than you have had women. I am on my 3rd boat presently. Yes built from the ground up. You are the one that came from the lucky sperm.

Kevin
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-01-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
Kevin, at least Dave had something to add to this site and has boater fellowship in mind. U on the other hand r an ass. Don't jump on this site and trash people, add to the site or better yet,just go away.
Dave, it was nice to have your input, forget about haters such as Kevin. Have a great summer.
Old     (who_the_hell_is_dave_johnson)      Join Date: May 2007       06-02-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
Brian
I never slammed anyone on this site. I slammed Dave Johnson.
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-02-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
Kevin Wrote:

"Brian
I never slammed anyone on this site. I slammed Dave Johnson."

This doesnt make sense to me. Dave Johnson is on this site and yet you never slammed anyone on this site. You are stating 2 things that conflict with each other and making yourself look like the idiot you are
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Kevin, 1st off.. I'm a drunk menace? Where the hell did you get that? My position has and will always be, that the vast majority of people killed by boats is by inexperience, not booze. Incidentally the coast guard agrees (look up # 1 cause of crashes). People like you try to twist that into something that it's not.

2ndly, If you have built so many bad ass rigs.. Post them. Post them on hotboat, I'd like to see even one. I'm calling bullshiat again. I'd be willing to wager your some fruit loop that I ran off of hotboat years ago, but still lurks, and now have become one of the lowest life forms known to man.. "The Internet Staulker"

3rd, don't you find it odd, that here we both are on a new message board where neither one of us knows anyone, and inside of 3 posts people are calling you an idiot?

That should tell you something. In case you can't grasp it, It should tell you that "Maybe you shouldn't post on the internet"

RD
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-04-2007, 10:30 AM Reply   
Kevin, you're losing badly. You need a little content here.
Maybe something of interest to WW or anything other that rhetoric to back up anything you say.
Old    bocephus            06-04-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
Hey Dave,
Maybe I will see you over a pool table sometime. It's good having some of you hotboaters over here, although I wonder how Larry Flynt would feel about you coming over here...

Just do us a favor and keep Jordan Paulk from coming over here...
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
LOL. I don't control that guy, but honestly I don't think he'd have any interest in coming over here to be honest so I think your safe. ;)

I look forward to playing some sets if we ever get the chance. Let me know if your ever in San Diego.

RD
Old    bocephus            06-04-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
San Diego?? We go up to a tourny up there every other year or so...I think it's the Swanny Classic or something like that. I 4th like 6 years ago or something.
Old    bocephus            06-04-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
It was the Jay (Swanee) Swanson Memorial Tournament at College Billiards in San Diego. My best finish was 4th, in '98 or '99 I think (those years are kind of blurry). I think Efren won.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       06-04-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
4th in the Swanee is pretty strong to say the least! I'm going to need weight.. alot of weight.

RD
Old    bigdtx            06-04-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Why do trolls constantly try to build themselves up by attacking other people? Go home troll.