Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
I have a 95' Nautique Supersport that we just bought, it has a 3-blade prop but I know a 4 is far better, just wondering what people use with wakeboarding only in mind

Thanks
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-28-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
look into the OJ XMP Edge prop - it is very popular for wakeboarding applications, especially with ballast
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-29-2007, 6:52 AM Reply   
depends on whats on there. look at the prop on the engine side. size, pitch, rotation should be stamped on it. find the pitch you want in the size and rotation that fits your boat.
www.boarditup.com
talk to Karl
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-29-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
you want to look on the bow side of the prop, just realized you're in a vdrive.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-29-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
4 is not better than 3. see Karl and look at the Acme site as well as OJ site, Acme's on my boat, 3 blades and way better than the 4 blade I bought it with. Nacho has u in the right direction.
Old    ejojprop            05-30-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
I would guess you have a 14 X 16 RC 1" 3-blade on your boat. A 4-blade on your boat will perform much better than the 3-blade, quieter, smoother and better low end. The 4-blades, in my opinion, run better than 3-blades on the gear reduction transmissions, 1.23:1 etc.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-31-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Check out wakeside.com; they have a great guide depending on how you weight your boat. Or check out the OJ or Acme websites.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Give Eric a call. He can recommend a prop for you. He stands behind his product. He switched out the one I bought when it didn't perform like I hoped. Thanks Eric.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Eric I have a question about my prop selection and was wondering if you could help? I'll PM you. Thanks in advance.
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-31-2007, 2:42 PM Reply   
I went from a four blade OJ (old Legend) to an ACME three blader. I gained low end like a MF'er as well as a couple on the top. Better speed holding and lower RPM cruise. I don't know anything about the new OJ stuff, but I'm sure it is vastly improved. I hear really good things. What I do know is that I couldn't have been more pleased with ACME's service or product.

(Message edited by Nickypoo on May 31, 2007)
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
In the Acme line, the 470 is your prop in a 3-blade. It is the replacement prop. This assumes the 351 (270 hp motor) and RH rotation. If you are heavily weighting, then the got to the 654.

In terms of performance, I doubt you will notice a difference between the 3 and 4 blade props on your boat. With a GPS and instrumentation, maybe, but most likely, you will not notice the difference.