Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                10-26-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Lol! ...like dirt bikes, skate boards, street bikes, etc.

How many girls are into those 'typically male oriented' sports?
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       10-26-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
I want a dirtbike soooo bad
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-26-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
nope! not me! i definitly tried long-boarding and it freaked me out! i can't do the whole board-on-land-thing.
Old     (nautiquechick04)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-26-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
I have a 04 Honda CRF50, I just got it this summer, but over the winter I plan on putting a 88cc kit in it and some other stuff. I had a KX80 for awhile too, fun bike. I just like the 50s better!
Old     (fungirl)      Join Date: May 2001       10-26-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
I have an '04 DRZ 125 and love it!
Old     (leshella)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-26-2004, 7:24 PM Reply   
this is SUCH a foreign language to me. ahhhh-wakeboard lingo please. crowmobe, 313, HSFS 5, roll 2 blind, anything...
no comprende! :-)
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-26-2004, 7:58 PM Reply   
I have an 04 CRF50 too! Fun fun! The man of the house wants me to step up to a TTR 125, but I am kinda scared...I am easily swayed, though. Love surfing and am getting ready to order board number 2!!!! Can't wait to get back on the slopes again, too. Too much fun, too little time and money to play them all.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-26-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Dirtbiking, skateboarding, snowboarding, bikes in general.
Old                10-27-2004, 1:37 PM Reply   
skateboard, snowboard, and mt. bike
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-28-2004, 8:34 AM Reply   
I have a dirtbike cr85 also have a streetbike r-6!!!
Old     (shewakes)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-28-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I am in the process of getting a dirt bike or a quad. I snowboard occasionally but I prefer the warm weather.
Old     (fungirl)      Join Date: May 2001       10-28-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
...Also like to snowboard and wakeboard
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-29-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
I love all board sports (Snowboard,Wakeboard, wakesurf, skimboard & Skateboard) and also got to the desert all the time.(quad & dirt bike).
My backyard
snowboarding
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-30-2004, 1:15 AM Reply   
Hey Critter,

Where have you been? Have not seen you lately at San V. Hopefully ordering my VLX soon. Getting closer anyway. Let me know what's up.
Old     (ashly)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-30-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
sweet pictures
Old     (critter)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-01-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Yeah I have been real busy lately, might be making a couple of Thursdays, but NOW its all about Mammoth Mtn.
Old     (nkrn8)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-05-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
yeah nice pics! I am so excited to see this topic. Thanks Dave! Its hard to meet chicks who ride and share advice. I currently have been spending a lot of time at the track riding my new used KTM125(I just sold my YZ85 and RT100). Of course, a wakeboard both of which I did today! Gotta love Socal! Tomorrow going snowboarding, anyone want to meet me (mthigh)? I used to skate a little but I took the trucks off to play with it on my trampoline I try to surf but it can't seem to fit it in weekly. Somethings gotta give.
Old                11-11-2004, 5:05 AM Reply   
Ahhh, I asked in another thread about how many girls ride dirt bikes before I found this one! My husband and I just got into riding bikes this summer and we love it.
Melissa, I have a TTR 125LE and believe me, it's a very easy bike to ride! It's actually what my husband bought for me to learn on. It was a great bike to start with because it's light and not too big or powerful. I rode it on trails a few times and then we started going to tracks. I need a bigger bike now! My little TTR 125 doesn't do too well at the track....lol. I'm looking for a YZ 250F. I rode a friend's last weekend and the track and absolutely loved it. I would actually love to keep the TTR as a "play bike" and get the 250F for everything else, but don't know if we can afford to have both :-)
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-11-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
snowboard, wakeboard, wakeskate, snowskate, mountain bike, surf (hopefully a lot more when I get home), I want to get into BMXing, also want to try kiteboarding, would like to invest in a long board except that I have a minor skateboarding phobia. Once I overcome it tho I'll be longboarding. I really want to get more proficient in all these sports tho, like I can do them, but I want to be really good at some point. So we'll see how that goes. Dirtbiking scares the crap out of me tho. Who knows tho I used to say the same thing about wakeboarding.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-11-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tip on the TTR Bonnie. I really want to get one....money is the only holding me back at this point.
Old     (p1emt)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-16-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
Any NOR*CAL girls ride dirtbikes !!!
Old     (stephwhit)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-03-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
wakeboard, rock climb, extreme mountainbiking, trail riding, quad, ski, snowboard, mountainboard, etc..
You name i'll do it...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-04-2005, 6:45 AM Reply   
patrick, you got a lot to learn man.
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       02-06-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
pierce, haha that kid just never learns i think this is his third attempt at wakeworld he keeps on getting blocked for the same reason but he keeps coming back and doing the same thing, what a silly boy.
Old                02-24-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
Who says things like that are for boys??? I love snowboarding and wakeboarding I just recently got into skateboarding long boarding is really sweet too. I've never really been the team sport type of girl, no thank you! And you will never ever catch me doing any cheerleading that makes me sick. I'd rather be out there ripping up the water or the snow or the streets baby.
Old                08-29-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
what up crew- Ive been into boardsports for at least 12 years now, I can ride just about anything-- I am really partial to boards, I love the water a bit more than dirt-- but if it came up Id probably jump on a dirt bike-- I love bumpin around on my longboard (skate), and definitely give props to all the wakeskater groms out their- I have to give all my guy friends two thumbs up because without them I never even would have tried-- you all know who you are!!

(Message edited by superfresh on August 29, 2005)
Old                08-29-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
critter your awsome, love the pic's-- are you in the PAC NW? Where is Mammoth again?
Old     (girlwhoboards)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-09-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
me...most boardsports (snowboard, wakesurf, wakeskate, wakeboard, surfboard, sailboard, skate-longboard & shortboard) and bikes (dirt, bmx, mtb). girls are scarce in these sports...we need more women to rock these areas...or at least come out and try. if you live in the greater seattle are and want to try any of these i'd be glad to teach you what i know. my CR 80 dirt bike should be done soon :-).
-Kim