Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
i am pleased to find out how many people on this site really know how much gas is.

half the pole pitches in at least $20 a day, that is awesome. between my friends im lucky to get $10 a week!

i have one friend that lives out of town and comes in about 2x a week he defenitly my fav person to board w/ he pitches in for gas and knows how to drive the boat the best, and hes of good skill level.

but then i have the 2 other friends, i think in a month time now i have gotten 6 gallons of gas. The problem is, is when i first got my boat we were all beginners, just being able to stand up and maybe 1 wake jump, we rode w/ no ballast and gas was $1.60 a gallon which was high, but w/ no ballast 20mph riding gas lasted, and i was just happy for them to come over so i could ride.

but now that we are alot better, doing w2w, spins, grabs, flips, etc. we run about 1200lb of ballast and gas is at $2.30 a gallon now, and no one pitches in. my one friend brings ice for the cooler thats it.

i think my friends just think that "oh, lets go on his boat and board all day it'll be fun, he cant go unless he has 2 others" so they think there doing me a favor just for showing up, man what i wouldnt give to have someone buy a boat that i could use all the time.

now i got this new friend that just moved onto the lake in an apartment, and hes really convenient to pick up and spot, but after he's gone out like twice, and i felt bad for just "using him" to spot, i taught him to get up on a wakeboard, now he's calling me everyday saying "you going on the boat? i wanna go"

is there a easy non "dick" way of getting friends to pay up?

my only way is either dont invite them out for awhile see if they get the hint, or plain out ask for money. i dont think either of these ways are good.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-01-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Maybe you should try taking them all to the gas pump with you. Then you could throw out a casual, "Man, it sure is expensive filling up the boat all of the time." If they don't get that hint, then you basically have to call them on it. You could always buy that T-shirt that says, "Boats don't run on thanks". Good luck.

Jb
Old     (nvip9r)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
I think if you just come out and ask is the best way...that's what I do...I say pitch in for the gas or no riding...they are usually pretty good...considering I bought the boat...haha...
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-01-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
The best way without being a dick is have your friend that pitches in for gas make it real obvious that he is giving you money for gas. And then talk about it and say thanks to him and maybe mention that it sure helps with the gas bill since it is costing you whatever to take the boat out everytime you ride. If your other friends aren't idiots they will get the hint. Otherwise don't call them to ride and they will get the hint that way.

Otherwise I would probably just be a dick and say heres the deal. I got the boat and gas is getting expensive. If you guys want to come out thats great but at least pitch in for some gas. As a boat owner we absorb so much more than just the gas that it is the least they can do. or you could tell them to go drop 30-60k on a boat and you will be happy to ride with them for free all the time and see how fast they figure it out.

(Message edited by sbt3 on July 01, 2005)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-01-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
I think you could ask, without looking like too much of an paid, or (as in most cases) are paying, for the boat that they are having so much fun on, pitching in a little cash for gas isn't too much to ask for... Especially with the cost of gas being so high. If they don't offer to pay, I'd find a new crew?

-Blake
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
i was thinking of a jar w/ the saying "This Boat Does Not Run on THANKS!" then underneath "donations, tips, help the boat stay alive"

and keep it in the boat, and then if that doesnt work try to pass it around at the end of day.

i think i have taken my friend to the pump w/ me before and he saw that after $90 of fuel i still have 1 5 gallon left. dont think it worked.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
yeah, i appreciate your guys comments, for a min there i thought i was being greedy for some reason. then i thought about how i just spend another $250 to try to get the nicest wake possible. i've invested about $600 in more sacs and pumps.

when i invited this "new" friend out, i tryed programming him early by saying (while the rider was riding) yeah he hasnt been shelling out any gas money lately, and when my friend asked "gas money?" i said yeah for every 2 pulls i give him thats close to 1/4 tank which is about 7 gallons give or take 1 which is about $15 a day, we ride about 3x a week minimal. then i told him it costs me about $100 a week to keep gas in boat, they wonder y i never cruise the lake, i say its a waste of gas, this boat is either boarding or anchored turned off for swimming!
Old    leggester            07-01-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
Phil. Just be up front in a non-confrontational way.

"I can't afford all the gas anymore fellas. We're all going to have to pitch in or quit doing this so much"

Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-01-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Next time they want to ride just say, "I'm a little tight on cash right now and can't afford to drop 100 bucks on a tank of gas today" see it that does anything. OTherwise to come out and say it.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-01-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
just throw it out there. most people who haven't owned a boat don't realize the costs. either they pay or they don't.

i'd love to go but i need help with the gas.
Old    drewsky24            07-01-2005, 10:00 AM Reply   
Why shouldnt you be a dick to them? They are being dicks to you by presuming you are just going to blow all your cash on gas, sac's, insurance, ect. So if they don't pay up don't beat around the bush, just tell them that they have to chip in some gas money if they ever want to ride behind your boat ever again. They might look all dissapointed and crap and that will really make you feel like a dike. But they'll eventually figure out that it is not cheap nor easy to maintain your boat physically or financially(in alot of cases). If all of that does not work sit down with them and go over all of your bills and stuff and hopefulley they will really see how much it costs to own a boat. Well I hoped this helped, but if it it did not oh well.
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       07-01-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Don't be so sensitive about braoching the subject. Just tell them flat out that they need to start pitching in for gas or their wakeboarding days on your boat will start to be few and far between..
Old    mia            07-01-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
i'm with the others on this one...ask in a nice way... if they dont get, look for a new crew..

i go out more with wakeboarders/boat owners then close friends/neighbors.. my friends dont know boating etiquette such as contributing toward gas, cleaning up, and helping out on the boat...also they can't drive, launch/load, and get offended by asking to switch seats so the wake is even ("are you saying i'm fat ??")

it's nothing personal againest my friends/neighbors but i cant afford to take them out every time and cleaning the boat my myself is a pain...
Old    erlingiii            07-01-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
alot of times I watn to say it straight out but I feel bad askign for money from someone when I have only taken them out once. If they aren't regularly going out is it still okay.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-01-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
I had to create a jar.....

boat owner boat sluts
-------------------------------------------------
boat payment 325 N/A
boat insurance 25 N/A
boat maint. 200 N/A
boat upgrades 75 N/A
dock fees 15 N/A
gas to pull boat 50 N/A
gas for boat 0 35 every 1/4 tank
-----------------------------------------------
pay your share or dont come

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on July 01, 2005)
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-01-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
we have a sticker on our rear view that says:"Our boat runs on gas... not thanks" I believe they make a shirt now with this saying. Have tried the jar idea, it kind of worked but the sticker works more. Or just tell them gas is cheaper than a boat payment:-)
all of our friends are extremely generous though, and we return it when we go out on their boats.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-01-2005, 10:53 AM Reply   
Is there a local wakeboarding site in your area, maybe you can find some new riders?

Here in Dallas there is a site called www.dallaswakeboarding.com and it is full of people wanting to ride. Everyone that I have ever hooked up with wether it be on my boat when I had it or on another persons boat has offered gas money, beer, driving or cleaning up. It has never been an issue with dropping some cash.

But if that doesnt work I aggree with everyone else, just ask.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
yeah, my 1 friend is a regular rider w/ me that never pays, he pitches in w/ clean up, help w/ cover, getting everything ready to go but not gas.

my other friends arnt regulars yet, but i will see.

on my cup i should put:

Boat Payment so you can ride: $250
Wake Enhancements : $600
Tower Speakers : $800
Mountain Dew: $5 per day
Cleaning Supplies: $10 per week
Board Racks: $350
Surf Board for you to use: $200
Ropes and Lines: $400 (your choice of 2)

can you help a brother out w/ some gas please and do your part?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-01-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Man nobody ever pithes in when we go out. The other day we were driving home and one guy says oh here here is ten dollars and then it was really quiet for like 5 minutes nobody else said a word. I have a 65 gallon gas tank and my Pro v guzzles the gas like noblyds business so it is freaking expensive. Im gonna start telling people they need to give me atleast 20 bucks before we go out.
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
I have a sticker that says "Ass, grass or cash no one rides for free"
I just tell my freinds... hey pay up if you want to come!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-01-2005, 12:13 PM Reply   
Hit the gas pump before you go. Make sure the gas tank is empty. Tell them you have $20 for gas. If they don't pay up, go back to the dock when the $20 is up and take the boat home. Make sure you get the first ride.

Back in the day (early 80's), I brought $10, a case of Dew, sandwiches, cooler, and ice for a day's riding. With 4 people, we had gas all day long. I kept $20 in the pocket and sprung for pizza or subs when we ran over dinner time. I always got invited back. On my boat, it was the same routine.
Old     (fungirl)      Join Date: May 2001       07-01-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
I personally dont have a boat now but I go out often with one friend and I ALWAYS pay for gas. I give her at least $10-$20 and I do it in front of everyone and I am very vocal that its gas money. If I bring someone I tell them that they will need to give her at least $10 for gas. I tell people the 'gas money' doesnt only cover gas it also covers wear and tear, maintenace, insurance, etc...
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-01-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
What are ya' all complaining about? You've got a boat, so you must be rich, right?
Old     (aidan)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-01-2005, 12:47 PM Reply   
Don't be a sissy.........One person usually pays for all the gas if we go out for more than 1 day. They keep track what they spend and split the total. Don't fill up without all your buddies put in $60.00 ( this is the part you can't be a sissy ) you have to ask for there share. If your friends don't get it, your better off with new ones.........
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-01-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
We take a more calculated approach.

# of Hours boat used for the day
* 6.75 - amount of gas the boat uses in an hour
* 2.30 - Current cost of gas
/ # of riders for the day
= total $$$ each rider owes the boat owner

Example: 6 * 6.75 * 2.27 / 5 = $18.39

This is only gonna work if you board with people who don't mind paying their own way. If they don't pay up, then they will have to earn their riding time another way which could definately work in the boat owners favour...
Old    drewsky24            07-01-2005, 2:31 PM Reply   
Brian~ That is very untrue.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
When I pulled my boat to the water, we had a different routine. The boat was always stored full and I would fill the truck the night before. On the way home we would stop and fill the truck and boat at the gas station. Then whip out a calculator and divide by the number of people...there was no question of whether they would pay, it was made clear before we left that we would be stopping to fill up on the way home and that is when we would split the bill.

These days it is different, as I do not own a boat any more. I always give at least $20, and bring waters, lunch or other necessary items.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2005, 4:23 PM Reply   
If I take someone who has never rode,first time is free.After that,they got to contribute something.
I had a guy who said,"Whats the diff,your going out there anyway".He doesn't ride with me,or anyone else I know anymore.

Fill it up on the way there,make sure they know to bring cash.Divy it up even,exclude yourself.You shouldn't have to worry about offending them.

Go to the "Find a third" section,and get some people who will kick in.
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
when i go i give money i have a job now so 10$ is not a big deal just be like "hey, man you got anymoney i could brrow for gas?"
-alex-
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Mood you are sounding just like some of my buddys "your going out anyway" like i'd spend all that gas by myself yeah right. you hit the nail on the head there.

have a boat must be rich, yep some people probably think that too, they think Phil got a boat so all of us (friends) can party on it. (umm no not exactly).

problem is w/ the stoping and getting gas is that i live on the lake and have my boat on the hoist so they never see me put gas in it. last night i did bring 35 gallons worth of empty tanks to my buddys and left early and said, yeah i have to stop and get gas, im gonna go across town its only $2.37 a gallon there. (dropping hints)

im gonna pull my one buddy aside because lately he just throws $20 in the glove box and is real sly about it, im gonna tell him to be vocal when my other friends are around. problem is i think my friends are too dumb to realize the hint, hes from down south and only comes up like 2x a week if that, so they're probably thinking "yeah he doesnt live here so he's kinda 'renting' phils boat"

but then i say WTF you think your doing, just cause i hang w/ you more outside of boarding i should give you free rides?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-02-2005, 11:34 AM Reply   
When I go on other people's boats whether I rode only once I give at least $20.
Old    pappasurf            07-02-2005, 12:44 PM Reply   
You could always email them the "Don't be that guy" article. It goes over all the resposibilities of a boat ho. If they are really your friends though it shouldn't be a big deal to just ask them to chip in for gas. Everyone knows that gas prices are ridiculous. Besides, what is $20 bucks for a day of entertainment. You would easily spend that if you were going to the movies or out to eat and way more if you wer going for drinks.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-02-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
My friends used to keep their boats on hoists and it was simple. BRING GAS! Hand your buddies a couple of five gallon cans and tell them "Hey we can't go out until YOU go and fill these so the boat has gas". Do the same thing the next day, and they will see just how much of an expense it is. That way they can use a credit card too, no excuses of I don't have any money.
Old    wakepirate            07-02-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
a "couple" 5 gallon cans? Ha....and for the other's that keep saying they give $20 for gas.......thank you thank you thank you. Nobody really knows except for boat owners how much of an expense it is to keep us all doing our sport. And nobody really knows how much it costs to keep people who have no boat........in the sport. So for you wussies that don't have the gonads to ask for money......just ask the same guys to drive you to florida from california a few times in their "ride" for no cost. Hell.....while we are out there on a whim......ask them to supply the beer, the chips for poker, and the women....oh and don't forget.....make sure they are thanked for the ride?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-02-2005, 10:12 PM Reply   
All of our friends offer to help with gas, even my daughter's friends do. But we never take it. You guys are all missing one important ingredient:
Boat pmt so WE can ride $350
Wake enhancements $650
Tower speakers $950
Ropes and lines $350
Cleaning supplies $50
Man power to clean the boat $40/hour

****Time out on the lake with friends****PRICELESS
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-02-2005, 11:16 PM Reply   
Man, I get burnt up over this and my girl has to sit and listen to me whine about it. I just can't find a good approach or time to bring it up. I filled up a week or so ago for a day with about 5 of my friends, went out on my first ride for just 10 minutes and hurt my ankle. We were out for about 3 hours after that. I didn't get anymore pulls, but they used my whole tank. Did I see a dime? Heck no. I partially don't want to risk losing my driver(s). I don't know too many others that wakeboard, and those I do know are hard to meet up with when I CAN ride.

It's just a sucky situation for anyone. Eh, we all know how it can be.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-04-2005, 8:32 AM Reply   
G. Robertson, so you enjoy giving your friends free rides?

do you ever go out to dinner/movies w/ friends, should you buy there dinner and movie too? thats basically what your saying, to be able to get people out you need to pay there way..

everyone needs to do there part
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-04-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
Maybe I'm a weenie but when I was going out all the time we would fill up every time we were done, there was only one main road to/from the lake. Having worked a few different sales jobs I learned that you can say what ever you want if you say it right. So I would just have everyone come to the gas station, we'd put the gas in and split it. Girls don't count as a person, just split it between the guys. Always worked really well, everyone could see just how much it cost and usually came out real cheap for everyone, instead of real expensive for me and one guy who gives $10 and everyone else who gave none. Always nice to have a buddy to back you up in explaining it when you're not around.
Old    mia            07-04-2005, 11:01 AM Reply   
uuhmm...dont girls need to pay if they ride ???
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-04-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Depending on the other duties they have!
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
clubmyke-
I make everyone pay if they are in the boat. I have to pay the maintance, tow of the boat, and depreciation. Dam right they are paying, even if they are just sitting there.
"My boat runs on gas not thanks"
Old    clubjoeskier            07-04-2005, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hey G...Your friends and neighbors OFFER.....if you choose to refuse, it's on you. I make it a point to give my host three.....Uhh...20 bucks up front so it doesn't come up later.

I had someone refuse my money at the end of the day at Elsinore, and I still feel like I shorted him for a great day......of course he tried to kill me with his wake and called me names, so maybe HE felt bad....

Phil-I think you should just tell your regulars that they should cough up 20 per day, cuz your rich uncle hasn't croaked yet. If they object, tell em how much it costs to own a boat AND tow it to the lake......you only need three if push comes to shove...
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-04-2005, 10:18 PM Reply   
i met a guy on our lake this weekend who i had never met before and after talking to him for a while he offered to take me riding before i even left to get my board i said to him... "I've got Gas Cash or Beer how do you want to be paid?" his answer " Bring me a beer"... ok done.. .later that night he asked if i'd help him put his slalom course in... I was the first one in the water to look for the anchors for it
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-04-2005, 10:59 PM Reply   
Phil..dinner, movies is different, can't even compare them. Pick something better. If someone offered to bring sandwiches while we were out or supply the water/gatorade I would gladly accept.

Blair...you are a man of class.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-05-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
everyone likes someone that is willing to help w/ stuff even the smallest thing.

so far since this post i havent ridden w/ the regulars that dont have boats, saturday we used my boat, sunday we used my friends boat, and sunday we went to his house to eat and stuff, monday they came over to my house and ate over here, so we are always taking turns w/ stuff like that. I really enjoy being around them much more then my other friends that are just using the boat like its theres and im just the hired servent for up keep but i work for thanks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-05-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
I would find new friends to ride with. That is horrible!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-05-2005, 3:53 PM Reply   
It's no wonder you have a lot of friends coming back to ride. As a father that is par for the course, I expect it( since grass and a$$ are out). But as a friend, I always pitch in.
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-05-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
Put this on the back of your boat. It gets to the point.
Gas not thank you's
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-05-2005, 6:59 PM Reply   
I have a hard time understanding this thread. You mean to tell me that there are people out there that come, ride behind your boats, don't offer gas money, and keep coming back? I have been schlupping pulls from people for a very long time and there is one thing that you just don't do and that's NOT OFFER GAS MONEY! Wasn't there a brochure someone made for the do's and don'ts of being a third? This should sum it up:

1. ALWAYS offer money for gas.
2. Learn how to drive to boat well.
3. Help with the wipe down and clean up after each session.
4. If you ride well, offer tips on riding better.
5. Bring a camera and take some pics of your friends.

I've made it a long way in this industry following these very simple rules. If you guys (Boat Owners) have problems with your riding buddies not following these simple rules, then get some new riding buddies! Or quit being a whimp and tell your friends like it is.
Old    milo_lite            07-05-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
I say money for gas is always good, when you start inlcuding maint., towing, wear and tear, o they also mentioned "depreciation" that is silly. Saying man I paid for the boat and its cost i should never pay for gas, well I guess then when peple come over to my house I should also charge them wear and tear, cleaning, etc...If they go outside, ill charge them garden maint, fees.. I have the boat to go out and have fun, people give gas money bring beer etc, but I as well pitch in. BUt yeah that sux when no one offers any $$$
Old     (raketball)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-05-2005, 7:57 PM Reply   
We just had one of our friends offer to use his work truck to tow our boat when he goes out with us. We were kind of skeptical at first (would hate for something to happen and have him get in trouble at work), but he assured us it was OK. Now we save quite a bit on gas for towing and it does not cost my buddy anything either. Works out great for both of us as he is really happy to be making a nice contribution each time he goes out with us.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-06-2005, 8:06 PM Reply   
phil,

asking for money sucks, but so does not getting any help from your "friends". assuming they just have no idea how much it costs to own a boat, they deserve to be brough up to speed. if they already know what's up and just don't care, get new friends.

hey, here's a thought: email them a link to this post..
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
i see this is a very important subject, thanks for all the responses.

i pretty much ditched the 2 non-payers so far, (been only a week but its a start)

so far been boarding w/ people that have boats, that we take turns on, and/or when my paying friend is in town.

oh and i dont think i mentioned the other "perks" that my non payers have: first off they get to ride for free, which my post said, but just as importantly they store all there gear at my house, board, vest, rope, wetsuit, hell even towell and swimsuit.

(Message edited by mmobius2001 on July 06, 2005)
Old    wakepirate            07-06-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
How about this one for size....I had a couple ride out with me at the end of the day july 4th. They were 2 hours late meeting me. I finally had to launch the boat by myself. They were gonna go with me and my wife and kid to meet a friend of mine with another boat and watch fireworks. Instead, they asked me to stop by some friends of theirs they knew would be out on a pontoon boat. So I did, then they had me leave them when I went to meet my buddy on his boat. I went back to pick them up directly after the fireworks. Then took them back to the ramp which took a while due to boat traffic. I was expecting help with getting the boat on trailer, then getting unpacked at my house....which is less than a mile from the ramp. His wife pitched a gd fit that I got them in late and they had friends from out of town at their house??????? They didn't tell me that. All they had to do was ask to be taken back earlier. Hell I was just used for a taxi service without payment for gas.....or any cleanup help at all at 11pm and I toted a cussing from his ol' bitty wife. I wanna extend a sincere thanks to this couple for all their help and friendship. I have never felt so used in my life.
Old    buffoonery            07-07-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
hey phil, here's an idea coming from an ex-nonpayer. not that i did it on purpose, i just never thought of it, and it only happened one time. 1st time i went out with friends clean up, gas wasn't an issue, boat stored on boat lift, no gas to fill up, owner just covered and we went home, the second time, the owner's friend that goes just about every time just simply pulled me aside and said, "hey, we kinda have an unwritten rule, since its dave's boat we all donate 15-20 bucks each when we go, that way he doesn't have to pay for all the gas." i thought that was the best way to tell people, have a regular do the asking away from you. no one gets offended and if someone thinks that 15-20 is b.s., they don't go anymore. now i have my own boat. problem is, i don't have any regulars right now so i just end up paying for everything myself, suck!!!!
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
good idea man. i was gonna whore some of my friends w/ boats, that we dont pay each other, we just share boats to make up for it. anyway get one of them to pull out like 10 bucks or something and then i'll just give it back to em when there not looking.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-08-2005, 7:36 AM Reply   
the best way is by using your friend who does good and ask him to make it obvious he is chipping in and to say something to the extent of,"aight guys i got my 20, everybody chip in so phil can afford to keep pulling us" maybe then they will get a clue.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-08-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
beatings