Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-01-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Wakeboarding will be added to this year's FF Olympics. PM me if you're in or want more details. We need to fill the roster up. It will be at Coyote Lake near Morgan Hill on 7-17-06 0830hrs.

Hopefully the event will be here to stay after this year, so show your support. I also need helpful input for the event so feel free to respond or even better volunteer for the day. This will be a great non-profit event for the firefighters of California and the charities we support.
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-01-2006, 4:25 PM Reply   
I may be interested in Volunteering. I offer CalPERS Home Loans so it might be a good way to get out there and hand out some cards if that's ok. Let me know.....
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
My buddy will definitely be interested. Coyote is our main riding spot, and he is in the process of becoming a firefighter- sounds cool.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-01-2006, 8:24 PM Reply   
I thought the event was dropped again this year. I'm down for riding. Are we still able to register online?
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-02-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
The event was not really dropped, just under a temporary transfer of responsibility. It has not reached the website, just yet, but will be making an appearance soon, hopefully.

The standard business practice in the past has required a prize sponsorship in order to advertise or promote business at the event. We welcome sponsor donations for prizes as we have very little to offer at this time, other than the medals. Wakeworld community support would be greatly appreciated.

Competitors must be paid full time firefighters with department ID; however, volunteers may be rewarded with some free riding time, weather and time permitting. Volunteers should plan to be there around 8 o'clock.

If you are definitely in please let me know via e-mail so that we can add you to a bracket and order refreshments

Families are very welcomed, should be very fun.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-02-2006, 8:34 PM Reply   
O.K. a little help please.

Sounds like fun but where is Coyote Lake/Morgan Hill? Is that somewhere near San Jose? I would love to compete in the event.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
count me in.

Tim when are you heading back out to the delta?
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-02-2006, 11:59 PM Reply   
Sean, Coyote lake is actually closer to Gilroy than anywhere else. Take the leavesley exit and make a left (assuming you were going southbound on the 101). Stay on that road (you will pass through the outlets, and a macdonald's on your right). Stay on that road for about a mile or so and you will make a left on New Ave. About a half mile down New Ave. you turn right on Roop Rd. You stay on roop for a couple miles and go up a hill. Then you will finally make a left (follow the sign) onto a road taking you to the lake. If you go over a cattle gaurd, then you went too far. The turnoff for the lake is right before it.

I hope these directions are specific enough for you. haha

(Message edited by travis_briscoe on June 03, 2006)
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-03-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
post more info as you get it... I'm game...
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
OK, it's official. The website is updating daily, but the registration is working so get your names in by the 18th. We potentially have several prominent factory reps providing demos and some prizes.

To get info go to cfaa.org click summer games, click calendar, click wakeboard/wakesurf. Rules are a hybrid of the INT.

To register go to cfaa.org click summer games, click register, fill out info click next until last page wakeboard/wakesurf, select button. Division are not posted for registration but will be determined at the event.

Participation is critical please sign up, regardless of skill level, especially if you just love to ride.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Matt, thanks for heading up the event. Just completed the registration online.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-09-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
the Brick finds WakeWorld again!?
Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2006, 4:22 AM Reply   
I'm still interested. How much to sponsor? Can I bring my boat and/or wakeboards out there?

Do you have a little more details for the spectator and volunteer? Thanks.
Old     (speedy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
I'm in.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-10-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
Sean I will contact you this week, my schedule is a little busy right now. I will give you a complete run-down in a couple days.

Mark-awsome, register soon!! Thanks MB
Old     (sjmedic)      Join Date: May 2004       06-11-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
OK...Ya got me. Registered today.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-11-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

Keep 'em coming.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
The website and registration forms are working at full power. Registration has to be completed by 6-18-06, this Sunday! See you out there!! Thanks for the support.
http://www.cfaa.org/Summer/Events.htm
https://secure.lenos.com/lenos/valiss/firefighters34tholympics/areg.htm.asp