Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-09-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
I need to upgrade my altenator and I know there is a guy people ahve boughten from on this site? I have a pretty powerful sound system and the altenator was loosing power anyone have any suggestions on where and what to buy?

Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-09-2005, 11:50 PM Reply   
I have a stock 90 AMP and it puts out enough to drive 6 speakers, a sub and 4 tower speakers. Most new boats will come with the 90 (Indmar) or the 100 (PCM)amp alternators to supply some serious size stereos. My buddy with a V210 and a stock 45 AMP alt. fried it in one season. While you're at it add a battery isolator switch and a 2nd battery, very helpful. Jumper cables can be so far away sometimes.
Old     (migitty)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-10-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
Rather than buy a new one, you might try taking it to an AutoElectrics to have it re-spun. I did that with my stock 50 amp on my LTR and it's now 120. It's worked flawlessly and only cost around $300.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-10-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Matt, I think thats what Im gonna do thanks for the input.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-10-2005, 2:52 PM Reply   
Check your connections. Your alt is probably good just a bad connection. The problem is you will snap the stud off because of the corrosion that has taken place. They were able to replace the stud in my friends 02 Mercrusier. For some reason they could not on mine so I had to purchase a new alt. This is a common problem with Mercruiser alts.