Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-23-2010, 6:40 PM Reply   
The email notifications on this discussion board are a little different from the old discussion board. On this discussion board, they're called subscriptions. I'm just learning how they work myself, but I'm going to attempt to explain it.

Subscription Types
There are four different types of subscriptions.

Instant Email Notification sends out an email immediately when a reply is posted to a thread. However, it will only send out one email even if there are subsequent posts to the thread. Once you have visited the thread again, the instant notification will start over and again send an email when a new post is made to the discussion. This is different from the old system, which would send an email for every post no matter what. However, I'm looking into ways to add this feature in the future.

Daily Email Notification will send you one email per day for each forum or thread with a listing of all new threads and/or posts for that forum or thread for that day.

Weekly Email Notification will send you one email per week for each forum or thread with a listing of all new threads and/or posts for that forum or thread for that week.

You can also subscribe to a forum or thread without getting email notifications. When you do that, you will be able to view the forums and threads to which you are subscribed by choosing Subscribed Threads from the Quick Links menu at the top of the page.

Subscribing To Forums/Threads
In order to receive an email notification, you must subscribe to a forum or thread. Here's how you do it...

To subscibe to a forum, go to that forum and choose Subscribe to this Forum from the Forum Tools menu.

To subscibe to a thread, go to that forum and choose Subscribe to this Thread from the Thread Tools menu. You can also specify subscription options when you create a thread or post using the Advanced Editor.

If you'd like to automatically be subscribed to a thread any time you post in it, you can adjust your personal settings to do so. In order to do that, go to your profile and choose Account Settings from the My Settings menu. There you'll find a field called Automatic Thread Subscription, which will allow you to choose from all the different subscription options.

Clear as mud?? Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by wakeworld; 05-07-2010 at 9:57 AM.