Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-09-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
Anyone live in the area so I can waste away my summer doing something I want to do instead of just working?
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-10-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
Holy crap, not a single person in ND on this site?

I mean bump
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-11-2009, 12:48 AM Reply   
Look for Jessie Sheel...I believe he is from ND
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I'm in Bismarck, we ride the Missouri all summer. I know a lot of ND'ers that lurk (brandon). What kind of temp work are you doing?

(Message edited by dirtysparks on March 11, 2009)
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 1:56 PM Reply   
I'm here as well with ^Dirtysparks^ as my captain of the ship. We ride the missouri river and will be hitting up the big lake more i hope Lake Sakajawea.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Well looky who decided to show up!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-11-2009, 8:59 PM Reply   
I am an electrician and I havent worked in the st paul area for 13 months. There is some work at the leeland-olds (thats how it sounds) power plant. They are taking a lot of out of town guys and it looks like I will be up there in a few weeks. I will not be bringing my wife or boat, just me and some local hands bunking together. It just sucks that I have been thinking of wakeboarding for about 6 months and I decide to go make a buck in the prime season time. I know I will be looking to get out badly and I am more than willing to pay my share. I was just wondering if it was worth while packing my board too for the time I will be out there. You guys wnat a 3rd (or 4th or whatever)?
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-11-2009, 11:18 PM Reply   
Thats a Basin Electric plant right? By Stanton?
The guy that just bought DS's boat works there!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-12-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
Don, small world. My father worked at the Leeland Olds plant for about 15 years. He was the Electrical Instrument and Maintenance Supervisor. He retired from there about 10 years ago.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2009, 7:04 AM Reply   
Depends, are you good? If you're good you can't come

Might as well bring your stuff, Ijust offloaded my boat but am searching feverishly, should have something soon.

(Message edited by dirtysparks on March 12, 2009)
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-12-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
I totally agree with DS the only way you can hang is if you can pull off face plants or something better that we haven't seen and pretty much we've seen or done it all
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-14-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
I can do some pretty stupid falls and keep you guys entertained. :-)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-14-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
Show them your surf thread Don, the ghey one. :-) :-) Dude of course you've gotta bring your board! What shoe size are you?
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-14-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
When are you moving here? It'll be awhile before the ice comes off the river and before we grow a pair to get in that temp. of water, but i'm sure we'll head up to Nelson Lake at the beginning of April maybe sooner the way the weather is turning out. We still have a good 30 inches of snow laying around but its melting fast, sounds like a couple places will be flooding.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       03-14-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Could have gone to nelson today if we had a boat. Either way get a hold of us when you arrive, there's a ton of different people to ride with. We're probably the best though....only because of our team bayliner sponsorship.
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-14-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Jeff we dumped them don't you remember as the the boat was leaving your garage!!!!!!!!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-15-2009, 10:02 PM Reply   
I am not sure when I will be there. I figure it will be within a month though. I am not quite sure were I will be living. I have a buddy I know who will be coming too (work guy) and a guy he worked with is there now I think scoping a place to live for the 3 of us. I will keep you posted when I will be there.

Mikey, I wear a 10.5 or so shoe. :-)
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-19-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
I am down to just me and another guy and it seems that I will be arriving within 2 weeks (roughly) Any pulls I could get would be unbelieveably appreciated. I cant stand the thought of leaving my boat and mustang in their winter spots for the entire summer :-( I really want to have some entertainment while I am out there, especially on the weekends when my buddy is at home with the family and my wife wors every other weekend. I will be lucky to go home once a month if that.

Like I said, I will me more than willing to pay my share guys. I will let you know when I will be there for sure and get some numbers exchanged.

Just thought I would update ya :-)
Old     (hockey9)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-19-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Ya dude we'll have to get out I'm sure Jeff would be down with it and we have other hook ups as well! Now were just waiting on the boat which Jeff just bought to get shipped up here. I cant wait to see and ride behind this thing!

Here she is!

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/676785.html?1237424365
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-21-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
OOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Shiny :-) That thing looks mint. I hope I get the chance to ride behind that thing. Awesome, congrats on the boat.