Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (rah_digga)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
I can do a front and back flip on the tramp. But it seems awkward to do a back roll on the tramp. What is the best way to land this on the trampoline?

Digga
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-23-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
practice it just like you would do it on the water...first it feels weird on the tramp but before long it will come natural.
Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-23-2007, 4:40 PM Reply   
yea, new tricks always feel awkward at first, but just keep trying it and making adjustments and it will get more comfortable. I felt the same way about it on the tramp at first.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
It feels akward on a trampoline because you don't have a wake to start you're rotation, you just gotta bounce and huck.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
I personally don't really like backrolls on a tramp. It really messed up my backroll when I was trying to learn it years ago. You can get the motion a little on the tramp but the backroll is more about edging properly than hucking, at least if you want a fluid backroll.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Use the handle if you are not now. I see people all the time practice without a handle and that is the biggest part for me. I feel lost on the tramp without it.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-30-2007, 11:06 PM Reply   
After learning a backroll on a tramp it took me less than 20 tries on water before landing my first one. Getting familiar with the rotation on a trampoline got me way more comfortable with the rotation on water. If done correctly, the recoil of the tramp mimicks the kick of the wake. Keep with it Digga and you'll take it to the water in no time.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-31-2007, 4:22 PM Reply   
MD...could you pass on the correct rotation on the tramp to us? Do you jump straight up and then drop your shoulder or jump crooked off the tramp and lean your head or a combo? I'm freaked about flying off the side of the tramp.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-31-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
haha i've tried and i always manage to do some front/side flip hit the springs, i'm gonna try it on my netted trampoline tomorrow maybe