Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-11-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
I dont know if these pic's are real. I got them in a E-mail and jsut thought I would share them.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    walt            06-11-2007, 10:08 PM Reply   
I hate it when that happens !
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2007, 4:14 AM Reply   
WOW, I am no Photoshop expert, but they look pretty real to me!!

I wonder how that poor guy made out, hope he is ok.

Damn!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-12-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Holy crap, that is insane. Look like there is two people going for the ride in the boat - isn't that an arm sticking out in the second pic by the bouy?
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       06-12-2007, 6:39 AM Reply   
What the hell were those guys doing on there if it was being lifted?

Thats going to leave a mark. Ouch body wise as well as the pocket book.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-12-2007, 6:59 AM Reply   
Interesting launch technique. I'm sure its real, you can see the fuel slick on the water. It's always good to have a couple stunt guys ride the thing into the water. It's helps validify the insurance fraud, I mean claim.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
So it is true the Captain is supposed to go down with the boat.
I thought that was just a movie thing.
Someone should tell the first mate that he isn't obligated to go down with the boat
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-12-2007, 8:24 AM Reply   
Wow.... that sucks. I'd love to hear the story behind what went wrong there.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It is a spin off of the Calabria Pure Vert System. That is simply the gravity fed ballast system. I think it comes stock with 25,000 lbs of built in ballast. And another note. The FASTEST filling ballast system on the market!
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-12-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Crazy!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2007, 9:10 AM Reply   
That guy is lucky to be alive since the boat crashed forward. The ride would have been fun until he got slammed into the water and then the boat slammed into him!!
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
i swear that one guy in the second pic sh*t his pants
that looks scary
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-13-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
It could be real, But the boat thats up side down in the water looks smaller than the boat thats going in? If it was real, F*** that sucks!!!!!!
Old    mendo247            06-13-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
hmmmmmm.. definetly a cool pic! will someone find out if this is real or fake.. i think its fake..
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Theat second pic looks real I'm no expert but damn that's gotta suck if it's real.
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
If that is real, someone did a heck of a job catching it on camera! You don't get a much better shot than that.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
I think it is fake. Just look at the lighting differences in the second pic from the other three. the water color is different along with the whole warmth of the picture.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-13-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
^Its from the sky not being in the picture, I totally think that is a real set of pics.

At least the guys beer didn't come out of the cupholder!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
I was wondering whay the splach looks like someone is diving straight in and the splash is not more directed backwards. It looks like there is more splash comming forward than backwards.
Im guessing the front of the boat let go and fell in first and that would have a swing effect causing the bow to hit the water in a swinging motion. I thought that would cause the splach to be pushed more to the rear of the boat,
Old    mendo247            06-13-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think those are differnet boats.. look at the windows on the last pic...
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Its the same boat, cause you can see the gray stripe that is going down the sides in all the pics.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
i only see 1 guy
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
ok "guy", look at the first pic, and you see a gray stripe going down each side of the boat. Then in the small pic, you can see that same gray stripe, and in the very last pic you can just see a bit of the stripe below in the window.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-13-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Look by the bouy below the first guy. You can see the other guys arm.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-13-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
You can see that the hull is the same in the first and last pictures. In the last picture you can see the damage from the rear strap staying attached right where the strap was on the hull in the top picture. You can also see how it tore off the drivelines when the boat slid out of the strap.

I would say that beautiful bow wake was caused because the boat was still rotating the bow down just before the picture went.

I feel good they covered the seats and dash to protect them from the elements. Those boats are expensive.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Can you even imagine the ride those two guys got? Holy $hiz....

Such a shame. That "was" a beautiful boat.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I'll bet you he forgot all about his beer in the cup holder. What a waste of a perfectly good beer.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-13-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
I really don't think "oops" would be the words coming out of my mouth!!
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-13-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
I don't think they were too bright to be on there anyway.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-13-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Why would you be on the boat as it was being lifted? If the lifting company's insurance carrier saw this they would have to find new insurance.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-13-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
the pic of it actually hitting in the water looks photoshopped to me. but i could be wrong. That dude was probably thinking OH F%$^ what do i do. lol
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
In the first pic look how far back the nose strap is. It looks like it shifted when they lifted it and both straps went to the rear.
Ron- How would you get out of the boat before they hoist it? The only saltwater hoist marina I have seen did it the exact same way except they tried not to drop the boat.
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
I think Grant is right. It the front either broke loose or was too far back. Looks like the strap took out both props and rudders.
Such a shame
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-13-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
I think it's fake. The picture taker in the first pic looks way too close to have taken the second shot that fast..from a slightly different angle. That would have been an awful fast reaction to shoot. The splash looks a little too big and clean. Also, in the little picture upside down, I know the pic is far away, but you can't see the crome shield under the anchor on the bow. Looks pretty prominent in the first pics and you don't see one in the upside shot. Also, I think the boat upside down is smaller.

KV
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-13-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
The windows or whatever they are on the first pic towards the front below the gray line are different and a lot longer than the last 2 pics, which seem to be seperate and more square shapped. Also on the first pic at the front of the boat there is the silver plate and seems to be a lot more v defined, whereas the 3rd pic you cant see the silver plate and the front is more rounded than v shaped. I am sure they are all real pics but maybe from different boats and times...
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-13-2007, 11:03 PM Reply   
Sent the pics to Snopes. We'll see what they say.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2007, 4:20 AM Reply   
I like it therefore I am going to call it real and enjoy.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2007, 4:47 AM Reply   
This is probably a good time to announce a "Name That Boat" competition. Here are my entries:

"Oops"
"Splash"
"Slig It Reel Good"
"Second Try"
"Test Model"
"Break Point"
"Flailed Weight"
"This Side Up"
"Excellent Cup Holders"
"Slightly Used"
"Just Washed"
"All's Well That End's Well"
"Don't Tell Your Mother"
"Bought Twice"
or "Rub It With Money".
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-14-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
I love how a picture or tragedy is posted that no one has ever seen whether it is in pictures or real life and suddenly everyone calls a fake or Photoshop job.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on June 14, 2007)
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-14-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
Tim, "Water Damaged" is my favorite one. :-)
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-14-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Gotta be "Splash". Too many layers to the meaning to pass up.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
I'd name it "Swan Dive"
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-14-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
the second one has gotta be fake
Old     (calcio)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Maybe there was a "Second Shooter"
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Brilliant JFree!
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-14-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
How is the second one fake? Drop a rock the size of your fist in the water and see how high the water splashes up, then compare that to the size of the boat. Also look at the 2 silver squares on the bottom of the boat in the first pic, you can clearly see them in the pics of the boat upside down. As for the pics being different in color, it was probably taken with a point and shoot not a $1000 camera. I have taken alot of pics with my point and shoot from the same angle and they turn out different colors. Also look just above the 2 little windows in the last pic, you can see other windows that look long and skinny right above them. Also look at the placement of the long skinny windows in the first pic, they are 3/4 of the way up the side, where as the 2 little ones are just above water level if the boat was sitting up right. Anyways I think they are real.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
if you look in the back ground,you can see the tanker in both pics.At 1st I didn't see it and thought it was fake but the more I look at it the more it add up.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-14-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
name it Deep Six
and i do not think that is a beer in a cupholder
what beer can has the hole in the middle? and if it is... it would have to be at least a Fosters in the oil can...
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-14-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
1. Of the hundreds of boats of all sizes I have seen on hoists, lifts, and forklifts, I have never seen anyone ever riding in the boat. As mentioned earlier it's a insurance nightmare waiting to happen.

2. I don't think the straps broke, looks like the hoist frame actually broke. The chain in the 2nd pic is the giveaway. Plus, they normally back-load the straps like that because of the weight of the motors and the stresses on the hull you would encounter if placed otherwise. This is a large boat, 45ft+ they are VERY careful in how they place the straps when rigging them up.

3. and this begs the question...Why are they lifting this boat so high in the first place? I have never seen a boat this large more then a few feet off the ground before being lowered into the water.

wheres snopes when you need them!
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-14-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think its real as there are too many details.

You can see the diesel slick on the surface of the water. If you highlight or change the picture the slick is more evident.

The dunnage is still stuck to the bottom of the boat where the straps were located.

The tag line to the shore is still in place on the way down.

The chains are present and their shadows.

The water conditions are consistent.

You can see where the guys in the water have kicked themselves out of the diesel slick and a couple of kicks that have pushed the oil in a clear circle.

I think the thing was just bottom painted as you can see the support locations on the hull and the dunnage under the straps to keep the paint in place.

They must have been lifting the boat into the water from a commercial dock not a marina because I would expect a travel lift instead of a crane.
Old     (2mchtime)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
Last pick looks shopped...Windows seem way to low (too close to waterline)...Water line seems to take a strange direction at that point in picture...
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-14-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
definitely photo shopped! where is the bow thrusters and totally different bow.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-14-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I can clearly see the bow thrusters.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-15-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
andy - good call on the beer can.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
I've posted these photos on a couple different sites and people always say it's photo shopped.
There is a story about it on a yachting site. http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/general-yachting-discussion/7055-splash.html
It happened in Dubai. They were both OK except for a dislocated shoulder. My guess the arm you can see next to the fender.
The guy that posted it originally said they were taken with a cell phone.
Notice the hatches falling foward and the shadows. Looks real to me!
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
That's one heck of a cell phone!!! If the pictures are that good, they should install them in convience stores in place of those really "clear" security cameras. I'm still callin bull poopy on pic #2.

If you look REALLY close, you can see that it is cleary Atlantic ocean water and not the Persian Gulf water......
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       06-16-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
I think the name for this yacht should be

"Negative Equity"

Get it?