Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-06-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
With rehab, and tax season I needed something wakeboard related to do. So I added some much needed footbed thickness to my Collective Developments, as well as an updated lacing system. The toe piece looks pretty tight, but it fits just right..What do you guys think?

UploadUpload\
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2007, 8:16 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-07-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
Look badass man!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-07-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
plus they make you look taller to the ladies..... awsome. Time for the double-ups.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-07-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
that is a thick freakin' footbed.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-07-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
DUDE! ive been wanting to do that for a long time now. i miss my cd's but they just hurt comming down into the flats. you have any pictures of the bottom. what plate and footbed did you use??
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Nice, I used a pair of CD's for a long time. The plate gave me such a problem. Nice fix, should be pretty nice ride now...
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-07-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Those look like my old double up baseplates, Is that what you used?
Old     (dmcguirt23)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-07-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
how did you do that?
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-07-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
Yah, I took a pair of old dubs.

1st: strip them down to nothing but the footbed and baseplate (both the dubs and the CD's). Then I took a belt sander, flipped it upside down in a vice and used a hose clamp to keep the sander running constantly.

Next I took the dub base and footbed (which are going to stay attached to each other through this entire process), and pressed it against the sander VERY carefully to remove enough padding to create a nice flat and level footbed without ANY contours or ribs etc. I also test fitted the cd footbeds so I could match the contour at the front around the toes.

I took the cd footbed and carefully shoe gooed it to the dub footbed at the proper location so it wasnt too far forward or back in relation to the hardware holes. I then carefully took a couple 45lb plates and set them on each footbed for 48hrs to press them together.

Time for reassembly. To do this I bought 1 1/2 inch hardware from OSH. I put the screws through the baseplate, through the old dubs hardware (this raises the contact points for the overlays so they still fit), then through the overlays, then the old CD hardware on top. This effectively sandwiches the overlays between the dub hardware and cd hardware. After everything is tightened up with a screw driver and wrench, I dremel cut the tops off the screws so they are flush with the aero nuts.

Thane, I originally looked at it and said the same thing, but I put them right next to my watsons and they are pretty close to the same size. If you read through the process I just explained you could take more off the bottom footbed if you wanted a thinner footbed as well.

Warning: I have yet to ride them due to injuries. I have tried them on and they felt great, I will be curious to see how they react "in action".