Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old    lachlantait            12-08-2004, 4:43 AM Reply   
I'm a foreign exchange student from scottlant (simpsons, joke, im really an aussie).
Anyway i'll be in seattle for 10 days from 31st Dec till 9th Jan.
Whats the scene around this time, is it worthe going boarding or will a freeze my nuts off? Keep in mind I wish to have children some day
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-08-2004, 5:39 AM Reply   
Nut Freezer! But if you have the balls to handle the chilly waters of the Northwest, there are a number of guys who ride all season.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-08-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
drysuit! you will be able to have kids, not sure if you will have any toes left though.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       12-08-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
Yes we are still riding… If the rain would stop!!!!
It’s worth it if you like ridding on smooth water with no other boats on the lake.
And yes it’s cold…. But you get used to it.
If you want a pull while in town it should not be a problem… a dry suit is a must! Bring your bindings too…. I am sure we can find a board if you don’t want to lug it over on the plane.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-08-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
Jeff - I miss you guys, the stupid rain and wind hasn't stopped so we can ride.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-08-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   

quote:

the stupid rain and wind hasn't stopped so we can ride.

that sucks. it's supposed to be mid to upper 70's here this weekend.

lachlan, do you have a snowboard? bring it! some of the best snowboarding is in washington.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-08-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Joe - why do you think the snowboarding is best in WA? Have you heard people refer to WA snow has cement? If you want to board, take the 4-5 hour drive north....there you will find much better snow.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-08-2004, 1:11 PM Reply   
cement? i guess you don't go any higher than the bunny slopes at stevens?

the times i rode stevens, powder were chest high.

by the way, i didn't say it was better than whistler. after all, the guy was talkin' about seattle, not bc.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
Saturday looks warm and fuzzy right now.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=98027&hourly=1&yday=345&weekday= Saturday
Old    lachlantait            12-09-2004, 3:52 AM Reply   
Well im staying in marysville (sp?) i think you guys have put me off, seems too cold.
Aparently im going snowboarding anyway, i havent really talked to my host but i'll have to get onto them.
So is there much else to do around the area at that time of year apart from snowboarding and extreme wakeboarding??..
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-09-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
"the times i rode stevens, powder were chest high. "

????? Sure Joe.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       12-09-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
If you're in Marysville, then the places to snowboard are Stevens, Mt. Baker, and Whistler.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-09-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
hahn, i know your source of fun is to "just mess" with me, but seriously, stop. you're not even funnny.

and yes, they were chest high. but, hey, i must be wrong cause the great hahn is always right.

why don't you go drive more rv's around parking lots at the pro tour? you were much more enjoyable then.
Old     (jeff206)      Join Date: May 2004       12-10-2004, 12:18 AM Reply   
i second that stevens is a pretty sweet place to ski/board, the powder is pretty heavy a lot of the time though, and yes everywhere else in the cascades is concrete, which is why i'm glad i go to wazzu so i can ski up at schweitzer.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       12-10-2004, 4:59 AM Reply   
I'm not messing with you so quit being so sensitive Joe. I forgot how short you are....