Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
Hello All,

It's almost that time of year again, and I thought it was about time to start promoting the third annual Northwest Wakefest in Pateros Washington.

For those who don't know where Pateros is, it's about fifteen miles north of Chelan on the Columbia River.

A large group of us from Wakeworld have been getting together over there for an end of summer event for three years now.

This year we'll be there Sept 17-19.

We stay at the Pateros Motor Inn right on the water, and everything you'd need is within walking distance.

The phone number for Pateros Motor Inn is 509-923-2203. Anyone who's interested should be making reservations soon to make sure you get a room.

If anyone has questions, you can either e-mail me, or give me a call at 206-391-2285
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-11-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
Cliff (Super Chicken????????) this year we are going to make it
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-11-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
Damn! I'll be @ Lake Mead that week. Guess that's not soooo bad. Thanks for the pull on Sunday. Hoping to catch butter Sat morning on WA. Maybe I'll se you Sun at Samm.
Old    gatorade            08-11-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
hey i might be able to make it if i get my license by then. i dont have a boat so would i be able to get a ride from one of u guys? id love to get together with some good washington riders so i can progress some before i quit for the year.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Jeff,

You show up, and we'll make sure you get some pulls.

Gary,

I'll explain Super Chicken to you in Pateros.

Dave,

Maybe next year.

Brad,

Post some pics so people can see what the water looks like.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Gary you really dont want to know about "super chicken" you'll be scared for life!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-12-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
COME ON!!!

Mike, and Bonnie
Porter, and Brent
Sean, and Gramps
Brad
Laci
Nick
Scotty
FlyinBurrito

I'm suprised there is such little response to this post. Last year we had seven boats and about thirty five people. Top that off with the best butter water you'd could find all day for miles and miles, and you can't beat it.

Scotty,

Quiet or the Chicken will have to leave a little red mark on the back of your neck.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of what can be expected of water conditions.

Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2004, 2:02 PM Reply   
Oh, how I wish I could go... I'm moving to Yakima that weekend. Have fun, y'all...
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
Moving to Yakima when you have a place with your Toyota on your lift on Lake Washington?? I feel sorry for yah man. I'm from Cashmere the Columbia is only 15 mins away. Yakima is a drive to good water. Eastern Washington water/weather is the way to go though. I'm stuck in Seattle now but driving over the pass every weekend.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
Yeah, sucks eh? Actually, I put the lift in at my folks' house and they're not moving anytime soon (if ever)...so neither is my boat lift! I anticipate the boat will be on the lift in Seattle for most of the summer, and I'll bring it over to Yakima to store in the winter and for weekend trips in the summer. Seems to make sense to drive about 2 hours to Seattle and a boat already set-up to go, than to trailer the boat for over an hour to the Columbia and have to deal with launching, set-up time, etc.

Oh well! There will be many trips to Pateros next summer...guaranteed.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 3:45 PM Reply   
You should head up to Roosevelt sometime it's some of the best water in the state and the water is warmer that at Pateros or Lake Entiat. I'm heading up there this weekend to ride behind my battleship Bayliner that is stored out there at Seven Bays. My friends and I ride at Hawks Creek on Roosevelt where good water can be found at all times.
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
This year it shouldn't be quite as smoky as the pictures show, although the fire near Leavenworth seems to still be going pretty good.

I'm up the river about 60-70 miles, right on the border.
Old    theflyinburrito            08-12-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
im in with about 8 peeps, is there a camp ground there??
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-12-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
Cliff, I'm tryung to get 2 more boats and peeps
Old    theflyinburrito            08-12-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
ryan rantz- im going to roosevelt this weekend we got property there wheres hawk creek up river or down river from seven bays
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
Here chicky chicky chicky....

You keep that room saved for me and I'm there. Will have boat in tow too!

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-13-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
You guys suck!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Josh-

Hawks creek is down river from Seven Bays about a mile or two its a cove on the south side that is blocked from the wide quite a bit and almost always has great water. What boat will you be in? My friends and I are going to be riding behind my old school bayliner and will be camping on the beach in hawks creek saturday night with a couple jet skis. I am picking up my 05 byerly today and heading out there.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
blocked from the wind I'm an idiot who woke up too early
Old    theflyinburrito            08-13-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
ryan- im leaving right now ill be in a blue mobius vlx ill cruise up river and check you guys out, ill be down by spring canyon, is there a good place to set up a slider up there.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
yeah if you follow the bay all the way up before it becomes a huge rock canyon there will be a sandy beach on the left as you head in where the water is gradually shallower you could set up a sick slider there and show off for everyone at the beach. I'll keep an eye out for you on saturday we'll try and get out there ASAP in the morning for some sick water.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-13-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
This is in Hawks Creek Bay I'm talking about
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-13-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hey,

Nice to see some interest. I was getting worried.

Josh,

There's a camp ground up the road about a mile. I think it's called Alta Lake camp grounds, I'll check. By the way, I was just up at Hunter's last week. It's the first time I've ever been to Roosevelt. That lake is awesome!

Sean,

I'll call Jeff, and make sure he keeps a room for you.

Hahn,

You could always come home for the weekend.

Gary,

Sounds good, there's plenty of butter to go around.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-13-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sorry everyone...I have been on vacation in the Bahamas. I am sorta in. Not sure if I can bring my boat though as it may be sold. I will be getting there Saturday night after a wedding in Leavenworth, so wait...maybe Sunday morning I will be getting there.

If I come anyone have an extra spot in a boat for me? I can bring fat sacs, lead, wakeboards and wakesurfs. I may even be able to talk some of my girlfriends into coming over with me.

Here is a pic of us from ladies day out last year at a UW football game. (We are all season ticket holders, although none of us will be at the game on 9/18 unfortunately due to this wedding of a friend that is marrying a Coug, how awful is that, hahaha...we warned her).

Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-13-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
I just passed this link on to two of my friends with boats. I will see if I can get either of them to join in.
Old    gatorade            08-13-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
ill be there for sure as long as i can get a ride. i dont care what im riding behind. i have 2 wakeboards,wakeskate, rope and handle can pitch in for gas and help clean.
Old     (jellydonutcwu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-15-2004, 9:45 PM Reply   
Hey i would love to cruise on up. could someone elaborate on what the festival is all about. Patterja@cwu.edu
Old     (autotunner69)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-15-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
sounds fun! don't see a lot of wakeboarding over here.
The smoke from the fire here in Wenatchee is pretty bad. My personal fav. though is Banks Lake. just on the other side of Rosevelt. I'm over here so if anyone wants info of conditions and weather ect. let me know. I have a local link on my profile that has all the info for the area over here, weather, pics. ect.

(Message edited by autotunner69 on August 15, 2004)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-15-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
hold up...laci, you're bringin' chicks? i'm in!
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
Oh man...who invited Joe? I thought Washington got lucky (or smart) and got rid of him....j/k.

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
Jason,

It's a get together for northwest riders to celebrate the end of the season. We don't have any competition's or anything. We ride for fun, do some boat hopping, and make new boarding friends.

Laci,

We always stop riding, and go to the sports bar for the Dawg's game, and lunch on Saturday.

(Message edited by SEATTLE on August 16, 2004)
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
GO DUCKS!!!
Old     (wetirish)      Join Date: May 2003       08-16-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
How far is it from Portland?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-16-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
5-6hrs
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-16-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
Laci, You were ripping Saturday morning, thanks for being the third. I saw this last week. Can't go. Our annual lake Mead trip is that week. Are those the same 'girls night out on the boat' chicks?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
FYI,

I called the motor inn, they have seven single, and two double rooms left as of today.

If you plan on going, call to get your room asap.

Pateros Motor Inn
509-923-2203
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
notidad
Where on Lake Mead are you going to be? Give me a call when you are down here 206-679-7827. I dont have anyone to ride with here, would love to get out on the water. My boat has to much dust on it from lack of use.
Scott
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-16-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Im in. I am also looking for a 3rd/driver to run in the mornings, some afternoons and possibly evenings on sammamish.
Greg
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-16-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
Cliff, not that I am complaining or anything, but I have become very used to the VERY Very warm water temps around here, what is the water temp there? got any idea? gonna need dry suits?????
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
So it looks like it is just me (and a date if I can find a guy, probably) for this trip. The girls all want to stay in Leavenworth. Anyone have room for one?

Dave - No these are not the ladies from wakesurfing or wakeboarding ladies night out. These are my fellow Husky season ticket holder ladies. We all have our own season tickets. I have been trying to get them into wakeboarding or wakesurfing, but their schedules don't mix with water time.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-16-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
Just for the record GO HUSKIES!!!!

How nice to be with fellow huskies (or at least fellow college football supporters). Unfortunately to make matters worse, the husky game is at 4pm and the wedding is at 4:30pm. I keep telling her she is making a mistake marrying a cougar.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2004, 5:57 AM Reply   
Gary,

The water is usually around sixty five degrees this time of year. A shorty in the morning works fine.

Here are a couple more pics from last year.
The dock

dock

dock

dock

Some butter pics
butter

butter

The boats

boats

Bonnie and Nick hangin in front of the motel
hangin

Did I mention the water conditions

Jeff
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-17-2004, 10:01 AM Reply   
Scotty, A friend has a place at Echo Bay. We're flying into LV and staying with him for the week instead of HBin' it.
Old     (ltw235)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
FWIW, I attended the Pateros weekend last year and it was freaking great. The water is glass and the company is top notch. If any of you are still on the fence, you really should go. I am bummed I can't make it this year.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
So I just got one of my fellow lady boarders to join me for this event. Again...any room in the boats for two females?????? Someone please have room .....PLEASE??????

I can't wait to meet everyone. It looks like so much fun.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
he, he FUW, those huskies don't know how to party... Go Cougs. Pullman rocks. Just thought I'd throw that it. Have fun guys (and girls).
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Laci,

I'm leaving early Sunday, but don't worry about getting a pull, there will be people hanging out for some riding Sunday morning.