Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (brianthron)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-14-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
Anyone have any tips on how to attempt and land a backside body varial? Watch the video on our attempts: https://youtu.be/-wOxLliXJbs?t=2m25s
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-14-2017, 11:37 AM Reply   
I think the instructions you'll receive are all probably going to be easier said then done. That trick seems easy but since it's a blind rotation/landing you kind of just have to go by feel. It seems like as you finish the rotation your front foot misses the board. The only advice I would have (and I've never landed a super clean one myself) would be to stay on the board a little longer and kick your front foot backwards right before taking off.

Stand on land and see how far you can look over your right shoulder without moving your feet. My guess is you'll be able to get your head all the way around and see the heel of your front foot. Notice while you're in that position how your upper body has already done most, if not all, of the rotation. From there it's just your feet that need to do the last part. This shows you can do most of the rotation for the trick without leaving the board. The trouble is, where your head goes your body will usually follow which is why I would also suggest kicking your front foot backwards before jumping. That will hopefully keep the board straight as you get your head and upper body around, spot your board, jump, spin, and land.

Best of luck and post a video when you stick it!

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-15-2017, 8:48 AM Reply   
looks like a good way to take a board to the balls
Old     (brianthron)      Join Date: Oct 2015       09-18-2017, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Ryan!