Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (razz)      Join Date: May 2002       02-05-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
I have a 2002 Super Air with around 1500 hours on it (not sure how much since the digital engine hour meter stopped working about a year ago and I was well over 1000 then). This boat has been used almost exclusively in salt and brackish water (Hawaii and South Fork of the St. Lucie River in FL). The carpet floor and upholstery are shot. Does anybody have any advice on either of these topics...Here's what I'm thinking/wondering about...Has anyone ever used Rhino/line-x to replace old nasty carpet? I was even thinking about adding drain holes in a couple of places in the floor? With kids and partying friends the floor is always wet and I don't always have time to let it dry before I put the cover on it. (There is a tree next to the storage parking space so the cover is a must!) I always wash the boat with water inside and out so it would be nice to have a floor that cleans and drains easy. Also a light color on the floor is a must or the FL sun will make the floor like walking on hot lava. As far as upholstery does anyone have advice on type of material, color? I want something resistant to mildew and sun damage. Also something that doesn't get scorching hot in the Florida heat. I don't want to pay the Nautique prices to get the original upholstery. I want it to look nice but function and ease of cleaning and maintaining is more important to me. Sorry for the long post but any advice would be much appreciated.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
First I would recomend an engine rebuild if the boat doesnt have closed cooling.

I have seen people use rhino liner and garage floor paint in there boat.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-05-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
I would use gator grip to replace the carpet.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
Does anyone have pics of a gator grip floor? Curious to see what that looks like
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
I think the epic has gator grip floor. Personally i think snap in carpet is the best, but if you have an unfinished floor i think that gator grip is a great idea.
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
yeah look at the epics, they have a gator grip substance on the floor. RAZZ i too have recently become interested in removing the nasty funky ass carpet in my 93 malibu,and doing line-x instead. Anyone out there got any info on what the price would run to do that, i know its about 4-500 to do a fullsize truck bed.seems like a comparable size to me right?
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
yeah look at the epics, they have a gator grip substance on the floor. RAZZ i too have recently become interested in removing the nasty funky ass carpet in my 93 malibu,and doing line-x instead. Anyone out there got any info on what the price would run to do that, i know its about 4-500 to do a fullsize truck bed.seems like a comparable size to me right?
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
where can you see pics of epics boat with gator grip floors?
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-06-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
I couldve sworn i saw an article in either alliance or WBM about the epic and one of the features they highlighted in addition to the ballast and the transom speakers was the eva foam padded floor
ill try and search for a link
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-08-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
I found a video on WBM that takes you thru the new Epic 23v. The floor on this is sweet. I think I am going with gator grip on my floors instead of carpet.
http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/article.jsp?ID=44315
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
My bass boat is at the shop getting line-x'd right now. I'll post some pics when i pick it up.

DKJ
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-08-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
DKJ-
how much if you dont mind my asking is it runnin ya?
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
$750 for a 17'6" fiberglass bass boat. They are doing the floor and casting decks. It would have been $650, but they charged $100 extra for gray color in lieu of black.

DKJ