Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-26-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
Has anyone rode the B.O.B.?

How does it compare to the Harley?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-26-2014, 2:28 PM Reply   
have ridden both relatively recently.

rode the BOB 137 and harley 139. I normally ride the LF witness, so my observations will be based on the LF witness traits.

BOB was noticeably looser than my witness. Probably not as loose as the LF trip, but it was very loose. It has a lot of pop, it was fun. The landings felt similar to my witness except it was more loose. It released very easily off the wake. I had to be really patient when edging in so it would not break free on me. the same way I had to ride the trip.

Harley. I immediately thought "ronix covin" after my first jump. It is a fast board and lands fast, it tracks well and holds its edge very easily. The pop is consistent but it is mellow, typical of a "continuous rocker". It releases consistently off the wake but later than the bob, trip, or witness. It is a very consistent board all around. After I took a set on the harley, I rode my witness and was riding so much bigger… probably because I am sued to that board, but the pop on the witness was greater with less effort.

Hope this helps… the witness is going away so I am going to have to look for a new board soon… between those two I would ride the harley.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-26-2014, 8:57 PM Reply   
Interesting! I was about to start a thread about the B.O.B. vs. Witness. I've been riding the Witness for the last couple years and love it. Now that it's not available anymore I'm also looking for another LF board. Was considering the BOB, but never rode it. I like the Harley, but definitely prefer the Witness. Maybe get a Witness Grind, even though I only ride boat? Or a Jett and paint it?!

I wonder what Steel and Cook and others that were riding the Witness will be riding this year. Anyone know?
Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2014, 4:10 AM Reply   
I know Gordon Harrison is on the Watson Classic now....
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-27-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
I think a lot of the guys that rode the witness are switching to the Fusion now. FWIW I went from the witness to the Watson Classic and loved it.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-29-2014, 4:25 AM Reply   
Johnny - thanks for you input, been thinking about the B.O.B.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-29-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
I think a lot of the guys that rode the witness are switching to the Fusion now. FWIW I went from the witness to the Watson Classic and loved it.
Ryan, if you still have that Watson Classic, I may be interested.

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=3875
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-29-2014, 8:49 PM Reply   
Sorry dezul but I sold it 2 years ago. It was a 2012 142 too!! I've got a 2013 Watson hybrid 139 though! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-30-2014, 2:10 AM Reply   
Other than the lack of centre fin, would the grind base cause the witness grind to ride different to the witness behind the boat?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       01-30-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
I doubt you'd notice any difference.
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-07-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
I recently got the 2014 LF Fusion and am not very impressed. I was riding a 2012 S4 which has HUGH pop. I have only ridden the Fusion a sets but am not seeing the "big boosts" Liquid Force claims the Fusion delivers.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-07-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
Have you ever ridden a Witness? How do they compare?
Old     (jd7bball)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-08-2014, 5:15 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden the witness. My dad rides a 2009 Witness and loves it. I would think the Witness is about the same as the LF Substance, which was a great all around board with good pop but rough landings. I rode a 2010 Watson Classic for a couple years as well as the 2012 S4 and loved those boards. Both were quick and light in the water and delivered big air and soft landings. The few times I have ridden the Fusion I felt as if it has more drag through the water. I have no trouble getting out into the flats with it but am not getting the height I would get with the S4 or Watson Classic. I may just need to get used to riding the new board..