Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

View Poll Results: Would you buy a simple, practical, mechanical, tower mounted automatic flag raiser?
Sign me up! Would love to buy one! 1 4.55%
Would buy for the right price 2 9.09%
I don't know, maybe. I want more information? 3 13.64%
Completely unnecessary. Never 16 72.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (boardforhyperlite16)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-10-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
I am curious how much anyone would consider paying for a practical tower mounted flag holder that has a raise/lower function.It would fit any tower diameter from 1.5 - 3.5 inches. It would be nothing fancy or electric, purely mechanical and very reliable. It would be a place to permanently store your flag, and take away the worry of having to keep track of one more thing on the boat.

On a separate note. Would any of you even consider buying one? If your skeptical, what would possibly persuade you to buy one?

Thank you so much! Feel free to completely speak your mind on this any feedback is much appreciated!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-11-2012, 5:07 AM Reply   
I've never boated in a state that required a flag, so I have zero interest in one.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-11-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Already been done. Hot Buddy and power flag. Never took off. I had one and although convienient, it was still not legal in our state of Washington to be the primary skier down flag. Had to have an actual person holding the flag.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-11-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Flag buddy is awesome.

http://flagbuddy.com/window.php
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-11-2012, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
I've never boated in a state that required a flag, so I have zero interest in one.
This
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       11-11-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat View Post
Already been done. Hot Buddy and power flag. Never took off. I had one and although convienient, it was still not legal in our state of Washington to be the primary skier down flag. Had to have an actual person holding the flag.

this as well. wouldn't pay for something I can't use due to it being illegal in Idaho to use as the primary flag..
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-11-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
No requirement in MN so no interest here!!
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-12-2012, 5:20 AM Reply   
Same with WI no requirement for flag.

But we do have that stupid need a spotter/third person rule! How bout an inflatable third? I'd buy one of those!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-12-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
Mine will probably end up costing me half a million dollars or so by the time I'm done with college, weddings, etc etc.....

But it is worth it to have that "auto flag" thing going on! (isn't that why we all had kids? - that whole "find a third" thing...LOL)

I wonder if it is legal in Cali...
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-12-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Pretty sure it's not legal in Cali. I didn't look it up but Cali is the worst for boating safety laws. I know for a fact the flagger has to be 12-13 years old at least so I'm guessing the autoflag is a no-go for Cali.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-12-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
Flag here is always up when person is in the water or being towed, so unnecessary... Didn't vote. How many states have laws require flag up only when rider down? Find out your potential market first.