Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-11-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
I wrote LF about 2 weeks ago with a few simple questions, still no response. Is this the norm for them? I always thought that their customer service was supposed to be good.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-11-2004, 5:00 PM Reply   
good question i had the same experience, i also got that from gatorboards
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-11-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
Same experience with me KJ. My watson handle tore after 2 weekends so I emailed them asking how I should return it and if all their products were made with such bad quality. No response after months. Probably never will.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-11-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
What a crappy company, I had to use a hammer on my cam locks that came with my sphynx bindings to get them off. Do people actually test their product before they put it into production, or do they just wing it? Seems to me like a lot of company's just manufacture crap without trying it out.
Old     (comall)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-11-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
KJ,

What email address did you send your questions too?
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-11-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
I sent them to:

joshh@liquidforce.com and

gobig@liquidforce.com
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-11-2004, 10:53 PM Reply   
You should talk to your local authorized dealer. Whereever you bought the product from. they should be able to get you taken care of.

mike schwenne
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-12-2004, 1:26 AM Reply   
mike-- yeah they should. but f- that, these companies sometimes need to be more responsible. I have had theat experience with every company except O'brien. and thats no spam, thats fact. hyperlite is pretty good as well, depends who you complain too tho-

nintz

(Message edited by andy nintzel on November 12, 2004)
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-12-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
i work for a pretty decent sized wakeboard distributer and alot of time i never get calls back from LF on their products...they're the only ones tho...connelly/cwb ho/hyperlite obrien and smaller companies always take care of problems but lf sux
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
I have broke TONS of stuff over the years and complained about service. I got hooked up with my local shop and started working closely with them to handle my warranty stuff. I found that having that quality shop makes all the difference in the world. If you are not getting results from LF, check with your local shop. If they do not get it resolved ask them to give you your LF representative's info. If that does'nt work start calling LF directly.
Old    slidervinny            11-12-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
you got to be kidding, us at gatorboards have our own people just for that.#239-261-1643 go to customer service.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       11-12-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
I was waiting on that, Vinny.
Old    dusty            11-12-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
Definitely go through your local shop. That is what they are there for...I guess if you bought online it's a little harder. When I broke my Hyperlite I brought it to my shop and Mike (the owner) gave me a Premier to ride while my deck was away on warranty.
Old     (dan_the_man)      Join Date: Apr 2004       11-12-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
In the past I have had excellent experiences with LF's customer service. They have always answered my questions and taken care of me immediately. However, I do know that in the past people who have gone through the actual web page have lost their emails due to either the site being down or the server being down. Try sending your email to colino@liquidforce.com and I'm sure he will respond as soon as he reads it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-12-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
Colin is the only person that I've ever e-mailed at Liquid Force and he e-mailed me back right away.

KJ - Those cam locks are tricky ones, why did you tighten them so tight that you had to use a hammer to get them off. Explain what happened.
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       11-12-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
KJ I just sent some bindings in for warrenty. They wouldn't get back to me either but I ran into the customer service guy at the expo and got his #. Shoot me an e-mail and I will give you Josh H's #.

I got my bindings back quick. But I am pissed off, he promised me 05 minx's because I have had a ton of problems with the 04s. He sent to 04s back and tried to tell me he never made the promise.

I also tried to talk to the N. Cal rep about them at a pro tour stop. He was totally rude. I tried to show him how the minx's were cutting my ankle open. He looked over said, "our bindings didn't do that" turned around and started talking to someone else.

To say the least i'm disappointed.
Old    head461            11-13-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
I had the same experience with L.F. & H.L., 3 times with H.L. nobody seemed to concerned so I bought a CWB set up.
Old     (cwbrider14)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2004, 8:55 AM Reply   
Speaking of CWB their customer service is outstanding. I have contacted them numerous times for fins, etc for my boards. They are always punctual in replying and are very helpful.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-14-2004, 6:50 PM Reply   
Thane,
I locked the cam down before it was really tight and then turned it about 1/2 of a turn to make sure it was tight. I went to take the binding off and the cam lock was stuck down, I loosened it as far as possible before I was running back into the boot and it would not unlock, so I had to beat it with a hammer to get it to release.

jennifer,
I also have trouble with my 04 sphynx cutting my ankle, that was the other issue that I wanted to talk with LF about.

Old    coach            11-14-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
I have had My best luck with a local dealer. It does suck the MANF. will not get with it's customers.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-15-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Just wanted to let everybody know that Josh from LF emailed me today, he said he was out of the office last week. We'll see what happens.
Old    alanp            11-15-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
well i had problems with the transits cutting my ankles. i emailed josh then i got a response from colin. they are sending me 05's. and were very prompt. i sent them another pair of transits earlier this year and didnt have a problem with them either time.
Old    hitno16            11-15-2004, 2:56 PM Reply   
If anyone needs anything at all from Liquid Force please e-mail me at anytime Joshh@liquidforce.com
Thank you
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-15-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Way to step it up Josh. I like to see the big guns come down to earth now and then.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-15-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Josh has been great today. He really is helping me out. I'm sure he will follow thru with the bindings. He said he would get me 05 sphynx bindings, but I see that jennifer was supposed to get 05 minx bindings but got sent back the 04's. Hopefully just a mix up.

Anyway, thanks again josh for helping me out.

Big thanks to adrenaline watersports who said they would send me new cam locks if I couldn't get ahold of LF.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-15-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
Josh is helping me out too. They are either sending me a 2005 replacement or a Hardline handle. Im glad I finally got this issue resolved.
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-16-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
I have had great support and service from LF so I would imagine that it is a very small percentage compared to the whole number of people that have had issues.