Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
So here's the thing...I love wakeboarding, but I don't know the first thing about boats. But if I want to actually wakeboard, I need to buy a boat. For my first boat, I need to stay under 10k. I am looking at 2 prospects: 1985 Supra Comp ski boat w/ rebuilt engine and new interior, open bow, and a tower for $9600. Option 2 is a 1991 Ski Brendella open bow w/ about 600 hrs on it for $8000 (no tower). Are either one of these a decent deal? suggestions where I can find a decent boat for under 10k in the NW?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Hey Jeremy if you scroll down about half way down this page find the Good Boat or Bad Boat post and look at my thread there, maybe that will help.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
The 1985 Supra is a great ski boat, not the greatest wake for wakeboarding. If your looking to buy a great wakeboard boat, id try to find a old 2001 nautique. The older 2001's make one of the best wakes around, still today, in alot of peoples opinion.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
I would love to get a Nautique. I have heard great things, but I can't find the older styles with an open bow... Do you know if they make the 2001 model with an open bow??
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
About the Supra...Do you know if there were different hull designs in 85? I haven't seen the boat yet, but I had my cousin look at it for me and he said the hull is shaped more like a V drive.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Supra made a TS6M which is the competition ski boat, which is closed bow. They also made a Sunsport which is an open bow. I think they made few other models, you may want to do a search on boattrader.com. There are alot of used boats you can find in your area. As far as te 2001, they didnt make them with an open bow.

If open bow is a must, you can look at a late 80's mastercraft tristar as well. Im not too sure what kind of wake they put out, but im sure someone on here will kno.

(Message edited by mjfan23 on July 27, 2006)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 10:38 AM Reply   
Duffy,

Thanks for the info. I totally see where you're coming from and, yeah, what's $200/month? I could swing the monthly payment, no probs. But I try my best to live debt free, so far have done pretty good, only owe on the house. A boat is one of those purchases that would have to be a "cash" deal. That's why I need to stay under the 10k if possible. It's hard though... because I've been on my neighbors Centurion Air Warrior and it's just SICK! It's hard to stay practical when I know what I "could" have..., but I need to stay practical for now.
Old     (oldcentury76)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
my buddy has a nautique for sale... Not in your area. Too bad.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/185620136.html
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-27-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
Jeremy,
i saw an awsome nautique in the for sale section its a siver 25th anniversary model. i am not affiliated with it but its all set up for 10K obo with tower speakers racks and more check it out. Its in stockton but may be worth a long drive.

just trying to help out, its a awesome looking set up someone should buy it.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
How do I get more info about this boat in Stockton? If its worth a drive, then I'll take a drive...

Thanks!
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       07-27-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Jeremy,
I don't how to post a link butI'll try to copy it here. The title says: Rare 1986 Silver nautique it in the for sale under boats older than 5 years. good luck i do not know the owner or if it sold yet. I couldn't copy the pics but if you go to the post you'll see them.

1986 Silver Nautique #42 of 91 built, 1986 Silver Anniversary model. Black hull with silver metal flake.

Acme 542 prop & new driveshaft (1 year old)
Fresh AIr Exhaust for surfing
Monster tower
Diablo Racks with surfboard attachments (Holds 6 boards)
Depth Finder
2 800 Watt Kenwood amps
12" Cerwin Vega Sub
Evid 6.2 Tower Speakers
Black Tower Bimini
2 Fly high 750lb Sacks
4 50lb leab bags
New tires (1 year old) on tandem trailer with oil bath hubs
Boat Buddy
New upholstery on driver and rear seat bottoms
New holly 4160 carb (1.5 years old)
1100 hours, runs strong.

$10,000 OBO

The First pic is with the items being sold. The others show other angles but the extra racks & mirror are not going with the boat.