Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-24-2003, 5:43 AM Reply   
We are looking at buying a 2002 X-star that a dealer has left over. We are getting a good deal, but we want to make sure we get all the options we want.
The options it does NOT have are:
tower lights
docking lights
jump seat
soap pump
bimini
heater - it's cold up here
Which of these options would you recomend and are there any other options we should ask for?

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-24-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
Matt,

I've got an 02X without the same options except the tower lights. They are pretty cool to have but not a must have - I really only use them when loading or unloading.

The soap pump might be nice to have but we just bring cans of shaving cream so not a big deal.

I sort of regret not getting the heater but I live in Texas and didn't think I'd need it.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2003, 7:48 AM Reply   
Gotta have the bimini, they are a lifesaver on them long hot sunny days! The heater is a definate plus if you ride in the colder months (I wish I had a heater), the lights look cool, but they don't get used a lot.
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2003, 9:36 AM Reply   
I would really recomend the heater, we ride in the late afternoon and we use it everynight.
Old    dropzero            02-24-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
I would get these 3 options out of the ones that you have listed above.
soap pump
bimini
heater
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       02-24-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
Matt,

As far as the lights go, it's just a cool factor, you will never really need them IMO.

I don't think the jump seat is a needed option in a V-Drive, in a DD yes.
I think the soap pump is kind of lame, but that my opinion. I'd rather just have my bottle of joy. I'm too lazy to refill the pump.

Like Brad said, the bimini is a must. I wouldn't pay for it from MC though, go to a shop that can do the work and get it for a lot less . You can always have the MC logo sewn in if you want. You can get cooler designs from different companies too. A guy here in Kansas had an American flag style bimini made to match his '98? Pro Star 190 Stars and Stripes. The heater is a nice option. IMO you don't NEED it unless you are riding "out of season". I've never sat there in the summer and said "man I wish I had a heater" no mater how cold it was. We ride a lot in the winter in 40 and 50 degree weather, than it is a must. It really only helps the driver and a passenger if you have a hot tube, so if you want to make them happy go with it.
Old    rtm            02-24-2003, 12:34 PM Reply   
I like the jumpseat and here's why. In the cold months it allows more people to sit up front close to the windshield and it also creates a great spot to store stuff in the bow walkthrough between the back of the Jump Seat and the bow wind guard (also a must for the cold months).

My wind guard is canvas and snaps in the walkthrough and to the bottom of the windshield.

Perfect Pass is a must if is not already stock on the year you are buying.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       02-24-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
Instead of the jump seat get the LanchPad Lounge and get an extra 540lbs to go along with the seat. Bimini and Heater are a must. We don't usually use the pump but might this year instead of dragging cans...good luck and congrats!