Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (stuntmonkey)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-16-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
Hey dudes,

I'm riding with an jetpilot cga vest, its a bit bulky and I was thinking of trimming the fat and getting a thinner vest if possible.

I know a lot of the thinner vests are deemed "impact vests" due to the fact that they aren't approved by the coast guard, right? But surely this isn't stopping them from keeping you floating, as that is their primary use.

So can anyone reccomend me a good 08 vest, not too thick, and not too thin? I'm 6'3 and about 190 pounds if that helps.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-16-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I love my Oneill Boost... but I can swim underwater fine with it

other good ones:
Oneill Checkmate
JP A-10
Ronix Vorn

Not a fan of:
Helium (small arm/head holes)
Oneill Gooru (bunches up really badly)
JP Baller (never fit snug enough)
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-16-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
I have shane's 08 JP vest, I'm 6'2 200 and it will float me to the surface without air in my lungs, definetly does not put you on your back like a cga one will.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-16-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
cwb faction vests are nice plus they float pretty good for a non-cga vest, and they come pretty cheap
Old    thebiggmann            02-16-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
LF Watson SE CGA
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-16-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
imo, don't play with your life with one of the "impact vests" like the Jetpilot A-10. An experienced rider died not too long ago after being knocked unconscious and sinking with that vest on.

The Xcel Method is an awesome Non-CGA vest that still provides very good flotation but is not bulky and has plenty of flexibility.

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/wake/index.php?area=products
Old     (rico80)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-17-2009, 5:34 AM Reply   
Second on the LF Watson SE
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-17-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
look what i found
http://www.redtagsports.com/?utm_source=avantlink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_cam paign=dotd&avad=2504_ebe435
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-17-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have to say that all My Helium Gear is amazing, I really dig it. Not just because they hook me up either. I really think that they have the most comfotable vests on the market not to mention the fleece liners, soOOoooooOOooo cushy.
Old     (dhv142)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-17-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
i have a helium inmate jacket, and its cga and i really love it, its a little bulky but u get awesome float and u most definitely have the flexibility to do all the tricks that u need to
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-17-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
How does the CGA Watson SE fit length-wise? I haven't made it to the shop to check it out in person, but it looks really short -- Or is it just the online pictures playing with my eyes?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-17-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
For what you are looking for, I agree with Josh B., the Xcel Method is what you are looking for.