Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-10-2011, 7:16 AM Reply   
the world will look totally different 10 years from now

http://news.yahoo.com/chinas-first-a...000047792.html
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-10-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
Interesting.

They'd be in a lot better shape as a country if they hadn't invested so heavily in the US. Hahahaha.

I agree, though, the world will be a different place in 10 years. For better or worse. Time will tell.
Old     (Riteride)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-10-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
We had better start paying them back or that will be the next big war....
Old    deltahoosier            08-10-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
If I remember correctly, that is a Russian ship that was sold to china.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2011, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
If I remember correctly, that is a Russian ship that was sold to china.
Correct, it's a retro fitted Russian ship. Wonder when India will have their's.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       08-10-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
I would love to see videos of the pilots making test runs trying to make take off. Better yet, landings.
Old    bigdtx            08-10-2011, 2:32 PM Reply   
A Chinese knockoff of a failed Russian design. Last time I saw the takeoff ramp was when we were still using bi-planes.
this has got to be a joke / fake.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-10-2011, 3:02 PM Reply   
Yep, old Russian carrier that didn't work so well for the Russians. I forget the whole story, but I don't think that carrier ever saw service in the Russian navy. They were going to scrap it but put it for auction first and the Chinese took high bid. This was many years ago, and it has taken the Chinese a very long time to get the thing operational. Whatever works for them though, they've been financing our welfare/warfare state for a long time now.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-10-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
China has 400 billionaires, they can buy whatever they want!!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2011, 5:09 PM Reply   
So much concern over China while thousands of illegals from the south stream over our borders every day. Wonder what China would do if a boarder country was doing something similar over there?
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-10-2011, 6:52 PM Reply   
The front of that things looks like a pretty good kicker.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-11-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
I used to see those ramp-deck carriers occasionally when I was on the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71), UK and Spain had a few. At the time I was in, the US was still the only nation with steam-driven catapults capable of launching aircraft (although I think France may have the technology now). The only aircraft I ever saw take off from that style of carrier were helo's and Harriers.