Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Okay, the guy that helped me winterize last fall unhooked all of my battery cables including the speaker wires, etc. It has always been covered by a hatch cover so I have no idea which goes where. The two wires in question are in the photo below...blue monster cable and i think a speaker wire but not sure. Which terminals do they go on? sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.
Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
The one with the inline fuse (blue) is power so it would go to the positive terminal and the other looks to be the ground which would go to the negative terminal. Hook up the positive first and see if the amp powers up if it does I'm not sure where your ground would be if it doesn't than the brown wire is your ground.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure your right, but for some reason it lags when the engine turns over. I hooked it up to a charger for a bit and it fires right up. Then I take the charger off wait 20 minutes and it starts up real slow like the battery is weak. Should I just leave the charger on longer??
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Leave the charger on until it says that it's complete if it still isn't firing right up pull the battery and have it checked out at your local auto parts store.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
Alright, so we take the boat out to a friend of mines private lake last evening. Everything is cool for a couple hours of riding, turning engine on and off. All of the guages, PP, stereo, etc. worked fine. Then we stop for about 30 minutes and drink a few beers, I get ready for my last set and the battery is toast! Luckily we weren't far from the ramp. Do you think the battery is just done and can't hold a charge anymore or is something draining it??
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2008, 9:57 AM Reply   
Probably a done deal go have it checked out.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
I took it to O'Reilly and they are charging it. I'm supposed to go back in about 30 minutes to see what's up with it. They said they think it is going to take a charge...Do you think since I didn't FULLY charge it yesterday that could have anything to do with it?
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Okay, O'Reilly fully charged the battery and said it was good. Took it home and put it in the boat and it's still acting weird. Turns over real slow and now it won't turn over hardly at all. All of the auxillarys work, ballast, horn, PP comes on...Is it the alternator?
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2008, 1:12 PM Reply   
Alternator has nothing to do with starting a boat. Alternator simple converts mechanical energy to electrical. This charges the battery. It does nothing during engine start. Your starter may have some issues. Might need to be shimmed, might not be engaging, etc, etc.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Where is the starter? What do I need to look for??
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
If your in the boat facing the motor, its on your right side bottom. Follow the power wire (red) right to it.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
If your reading this thread, check this one out:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/593475.html?1214106191