Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wakeman456            03-04-2003, 4:33 PM Reply   
I am planning on buying some sacs for the front of the boat.

Which one do you prefer and why...Skylon Fatboy Sacs or Barefoot Int. Sacs???

also is the fat pump 1100 GPH slow or fast?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2003, 6:32 AM Reply   
I used to have a barefoot intnl until I found www.letsgoride.com
awesome sacs and very reasonable. He has some patented method of the sacs. He actually did a custom 700 lb for me. It is awesome.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-05-2003, 6:41 AM Reply   
I had a big BI sac that I traded for 2 of the Skylon Phatbuddies. Only reason was so I could distribute the weight better. Both held water and worked great. Just get whichever fits your space or wallet better. I will say that I lost a plug for the phatbuddies and Skylon was real cool about sending a replacement, they have great customer service. Not sure about BI
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
one other thing about the lets go ride sacs is that you can have him put on a hard plastic nozzle either 3/4" or 1" that the plumbing screws directly on. very nice
Old    cws_kahuna            03-05-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
I have a Skylon Locker sac and a Barefoot Int. sac and both work good for me. I also like the letsgoride sacs.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-05-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
i have 2 phatboys, 2 launch pad 350s, and a skylon locker sac. they all hold water and they all work just fine.

i agree that fitting the area you want to put them in is more important than mfg.
Old    jmccallum            03-18-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
GEt a LetsGoRide.com custom ski locker sac.

Much stronger, cheaper, and bigger!

P.S. Now that I use LetsGoRide, I sold my Luanch Pad!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 6:14 AM Reply   
I followed james advise on that and ended up with the lets go ride and liked it so much I sold my barefoot intn'l sac also.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
i recently was using a friends lets go ride and the seam started leaking
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 8:43 AM Reply   
You mean John?
Old    jmccallum            03-18-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
Was it the old "water bed" style or the newer "Zodiac" style sacs?

The new ones use a fabric re-inforced rubber material thats really heavy duty. I like the one piece design... doesn't roll and no lining up fittings with openongs in the covers.

But I can understand why a leak would give you second thoughts.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 11:01 AM Reply   
it was likely the old style. had a tarp-like outer bag. i have no experience with the one-piece design.
Old    jmccallum            03-18-2003, 11:48 AM Reply   
When I first started planning my ski locker system. I looked at using my Launch Pad but the dimensions didn't fit very well. Inside my ski locker, the 550 lbs LP would only inflate to about 350lbs because the LP was 19” diameter while ski locker is only 10” high. I stumbled on the LGR web site and began discussing my needs with Pete Law (sometimes slow on the e-mail but a great guy when you do get a hold of him). His first proposal was for a “water bed” style custom sac. Well winter came in Canada and I lost interest. During the winter I read a couple of posts about seam problems. However, Pete was credited with fixing things up each time.

When I restarted my discussions with him in the spring he had switched to a new style eliminating the protective cover. He has gone away from 0.020” vinyl with r/f welded waterbed fittings to a fabric reinforced rubber material with bulkhead fittings.

Frankly, I ordered the sac (custom size and shape … 750lbs) based mainly on price and the need for a custom size/shape to fill my ski locker (750 in a single, hidden sac is mo’ better than 350 or 550 blocking most of my floor space).

The new sacs are made in a “flat” design with 2” wide seams. The bulkhead fittings are a bit large and bulky but actually clamp the material with a rubber seal. I have had a custom 35”x75” locker sac and a standard V-Drive 350 for about a season now without problems.

Ops… long post….
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-18-2003, 1:38 PM Reply   
Ty
I really did not want to see that post here, but it has been posted so I should complete the story. Yes My bag leaked. it leaked at the seam where the material was tripled at a seam. Pete was very concerned and very helpful. He is repairing it or replacing it for Me. I have 2 lets go ride sacs and am going to order 2 more. Great guy Great product and I recommend using Him completely!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   
Outstanding customer service. Sorry. I did not put your last name in here since there are a lot of Johns, but I was curious if that was one in the same. I think his sacs are great and would not buy any others.
Old     (doubleup)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2003, 3:11 PM Reply   
Are all their sacks orange? Or do the new ones come in a different color?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-18-2003, 3:14 PM Reply   
Mine is the orange zodiac type material.
Old    samcdog            03-18-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
My 03 Super Air 210 team is on the way. I got the rear wedge and center tank. I currently have a Fake a Wake sac ~550 lbs. How should I weight the boat? What should I buy? I don't want to use lead since I am trailering the boat. I am thinking about getting two smaller sacs for the storage areas on either side of the engine, but is this a pain to fill/empty? How much will it take away from the storage? I would also use the Fake a Wake up front. Or what about just getting another large sac to put on the floor in back and one up front? I would rather keep the floor clear if possible. What is a good amount of weight to add to a 03 SAN 210 Team?
Old    jmccallum            03-19-2003, 5:43 AM Reply   
I have both gray and orange sacs. Don't know which is the current colour. Ask Pete...

Pete@letsgoride.com