Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chris_schweda)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-08-2012, 11:52 PM Reply   
redoing my 04 san 210 and I am wondering what will hold up the best naugahyde vs vinyl?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-09-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
Naugahyde IS vinyl. Use marine grade vinyl.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-09-2012, 6:23 AM Reply   
I have a cushion redone in naughahide, just white. I haven't seen all the colors, my initial impression is it isn't as aesthetically pleasing but it is thick and I'm sure it'll last longer.
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-09-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
Naugahyde is a vinyl coated fabric so the question becomes what type of vinyl! The marine grade is UV protected and mildew/mould resistant. Now you just have to pick the weight, which has little to due with the quality, the durability (tensile strength, wear and stain resistance), the feel, texture and colour. Lighter colours are certainly easier on the skin in the hot sun. 2 way stretch vs 4 way and perhaps which way you want it to have give. Also, the foam plays a huge part in the mix, if you need to replace it. Same for the sewer. Be careful pulling off the old material, it usually makes a good pattern, remembering it will be off where it had been pulled tight for years, same for sun shrink. Use nylon thread and stainless steel staples. Have fun, if you are doing it yourself. Start with a small cushion first to see if you have the ability to DIY.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-09-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
There is a big movement in Europe to save Naugas and preserve there native habitat. I think that several politicians are planning a fact finding trip to Africa and Tahiti this winter to try to save the endangered Nauga.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-15-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
That's what's up!!!^^^
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-15-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Yeah that's right. Remember what happened to the Corinthians?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-15-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
Yes, it was the Chrysler Cordova with the Corinthian leather seats

Ever since the over hunting of the Naughas for their pelts the quality has decreased since an older Naugha has thicker hyde.

Last edited by bftskir; 07-15-2012 at 9:43 PM. Reason: added info