Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Trace_)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-08-2016, 5:30 AM Reply   
I've been working on this, and working on this for at least 3 seasons. I think I am getting closer and closer each season, but I have no idea what I am missing to pull this off. We don't surf with anybody who can who knows how to teach me to fix this. Any pointers or additional things to try?
https://youtu.be/uT_eNoL0Oys
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       07-08-2016, 8:41 AM Reply   
subscribed to get insight.
Old     (mojo16)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-09-2016, 6:59 PM Reply   
First and third one you just over rotated ... I normally put my hand back in the water slightly to stop myself from going past the 3. 2nd one looked like your best but you just lost balance. Distance from the boat looks perfect. I'd say if you are where you are now it won't be long before you stick one. Good luck man! Post up the vid when you nail it
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-09-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
Something that I always tell people learning threes on the wakeboard: "where ever your heads goes your body will follow". You are keeping your head in the rotation too long which is causing the over rotation. Once you start coming around at 270* or a little more look at the back corner of the boat, if you are able to spot the back corner of the boat it will slow your rotation and allow you to accelerate back into the wave.
Old     (nashvegas)      Join Date: Aug 2015       07-09-2016, 8:58 PM Reply   
The first one you were very close to landing. You have to finish the rotation and plant your fins like you did to stop the rotation in the first video. Once you have the fins down and the momentum of your rotation stopped you can carve back into the wave and regain your momentum. I'm 270 and can stomp one out, you can 2 just keep at it.
Old     (Trace_)      Join Date: Feb 2015       07-10-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the pointers fellas. Going out again today, will try to incorporate what you say and give it a go.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-10-2016, 1:31 PM Reply   
The head and shoulder stuff Bryce points out is good advice. From the looks of it you are not the smallest guy. Your board is getting bogged way down in the rotation and consequently you are falling way back. You are really close. It is good you get the forward momentum aspects. You will benefit from rotating more quickly. Stomp the tail to stop the rotation, but just as quickly get back on your front foot to send you toward the boat.

Nick