Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 8:07 PM Reply   
Lake board trying to ban Ballast
Just as I was planning on a ballast upgrade
Upload
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-25-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
Well on a lake like that i can see the concern and i'm not suprised, Holiday Shores does not seem to be that big and it does have a lot of low man made enhanced areas.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-25-2009, 8:29 PM Reply   
i vote no. What a BS Ballot. It has to be an old fat POS that has nothing better to do than to try to take the fun out of a sport. Maybe we should come up with a ballot on people like this. What do you say?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 8:43 PM Reply   
"it does have a lot of low man made enhanced areas."

It does wow I have lived here for 25 years and have never seen that ???!!!

The lake is not huge but it is 430 acres

http://www.holidayshores.us/index.html

(Message edited by krbaugh on April 25, 2009)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
Check the wording on voting no

The board will not be obligated to investigate this matter further at this time.

So they could come up with a rule anyway they just are not obligated to do so!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2009, 9:25 PM Reply   
I know nothing about your lake but it seems the argument is encapsulated in 'overtopping seawalls'. Your argument has to be to that.
Are the wakeboat wakes the biggest wakes? Are they bigger than storm waves? Are the wakes big enough to overtop the seawalls?
Don't raise the issue of hydrofoils as they are not covered by the rule. It's only the issue of weight.
Maybe describe the lack of difference between the rated capacity with people and the weighted boat with fewer people. Sounds like you've got to make sure enthusiasts show up that don't sound like fools to the non wake sport crowd that will be there. Good Luck.

Maybe you can form an argument on the affect the rule would have on property values. The growth of wake sports is renewing interest in boating and having property on a lake.

(Message edited by rallyart on April 25, 2009)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
well the rule is not clear it does say or any other device used for the purpose .... I am sure they would interpret that to include foils or change the word weight to wake
We do need to get our side to turn out but like I said above I don't think this vote will stop them

(Message edited by krbaugh on April 25, 2009)
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-25-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
Sounds like it's time to find some heavy friends.How can they stop you from using human ballast?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
Time to start shooting?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 9:56 PM Reply   
It does say any device :-)
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-25-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
Did you ever think something like tower speakers could have a role is some cases like this. They see and hear tower speakers on wake boats and think how can we get rid of these jokers. A noise ordinance is harder to enforce so they go after other things to stop wakeboarders from coming to certain lakes. Ignorance and carlessness will take away the privledges we have on many lakes in the near future. After many of the threads on WW lately it sounds like a lot of people are saying "F U I will play it how I want." Well keep it up and wakeboarding will turn out how other sports have been limited.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-25-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
I am sure it is a combination of things
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-25-2009, 10:28 PM Reply   
I could be totally off, but it seems (if I was a chairman for some BS "lake council") I would be MUCH more concerned about foreign species being attached and introduced to a lake by a "weekend warriors"/local's boat-trailer/boat to worry that much about the size of a roller that is sent towards shore...zebra mussels kill,rollers do not.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-26-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
Suggest to the board they plant some trees, shrubs or other simple natural way of controlling erosion. Erosion is their own fault for clear cutting their shoreline and planting/mowing grass right down to the waterline.

A seawall is no real protection against erosion compared to a natural shoreline (roots of plants). They are merely passing the buck and I would be outraged. Their shoreline is their own responsibility, especially when they alter it in a way the DNR does not recommend (clear cutting your lawn to the beach).

I bet they also fertilize and water it so their runoff is a big potential problem if pointed out to the DNR. I don't know the place, but this is generally what resorts do.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       04-26-2009, 7:14 AM Reply   
This could be coming to the TC lakes- did you see that zebra mussles are in Prior Lake now? They can easily be spread with ballast water and last I checked, I don't think it's possible to get all of the water out of the tanks/bags without blowing them out each time- even then, they'd need to be sanitized to prevent the spread.
i hope this doesn't happen...
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-26-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Maybe point out that big I/O plowing along at 12-15 mph create just as large or larger wakes. This point should just be made to show that they shouldn't unnecessarily target one group of boaters. If they were really worried about their seawalls they'd make no wake zones, but don't suggest that one...
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 9:33 PM Reply   
What would the lake board do to you if that really passed and you were caught with ballast?? It's not like it is an ordinance that the police or DNR enforce... if my lake association passed a stupid rule like that I wouldn't stop weighting down the boat that's for sure.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
They can fine you and or suspend your lake rights.
Not sure I would stop either My Enzo 216 is a Cross over boat and needs weight to Surf and wakeboard.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-26-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
worst comes to worst it seems like you can still hide weight fairly easy.

Just over any type of fatsac you would have just a carpeted cover type thing that makes it look like a stock part of the boat....

"Oh no officer, I just don't have much storage back there, its weird."

and then have a big switch on your dash that says "ballast" and have it hooked to a pump that goes no where.... they ask you to empty to see if you have any, flip it, nothing comes out, you win.

You can totally argue live-wells on that vote though, if they aren't hitting up fishermen, anyone with a cooler, or boats with an extra motor or something are all using something that increases the weight of the boat.

I guess then wakeboarders just need live wells, or fly high will have to start making "Wake coolers" that are a lead lined box that keeps stuff cold.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-26-2009, 11:19 PM Reply   
Next thing you know, fat people will be banned from riding in boats on the lake...
Old     (vino)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-27-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
There's talk of the same thing here at my lake. Here's a useful link
http://www.severnskiclub.org/speedzone/USAWSmanual.pdf
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-27-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
First concede nothing. Make the opposition prove every last claim. Make them work. Take nothing at someone’s word, make them produce published facts, papers, accident data, erosion data, and so on. Demand an opportunity to research every fact brought forward and ask for their references.

From my Centurion Crew post…

“Does the board have the authority to pass this “rule”?

The State of Ohio governs all bodies of water, regardless if they are public or private. In Ohio only “governmental subdivisions” can pass such “rules”.

For example the City of Columbus dug and manages Griggs Reservoir and O’Shaughnessy Reservoir. Two of the best towed water sports lakes in the state. As a governmental subdivision they can petition the state and request that new rule be adopted. The city has rules that are unique to these reservoirs. They include boat length limit, speed limit, banned inner tubes, and banned jet skis.

However, lakes that are controlled by non-governmental organizations can not set restrictions such as speed limits and boat length. One private lake north and east of Columbus set a boat length limit. The rule was challenged and lost. That challenge was appealed and the Ohio Supreme court and was rescinded.

So, does your property organization have the authority to make this rule?”

Not from Centurion Crew:

I like the seawall issue. What are the guidelines and requirements for a seawall on this lake? The weather issue is significant. The Maryland DNR report (see the USA Water Ski link) says that nature is much more destructive, however Maryland in subject to hurricanes. What engineering went in to the design of the seawalls; my guess – none. What if someone has a 25 year old seawall that was poorly designed and not maintained. Should that seawall set the standard for the lake?

What if they play the safety card? When run in an organized competition wake boarding and skiing are among the most safe sports. USA Water Ski keeps records form every sanctioned torment. They have a good body of hard facts.

Propose pain for someone else on the lake. Any boat cracking the whip for kids on an inner tube will send massive rollers in every direction. Wave height will be as large or larger than a wake boat. A boat pulling a wake boarder drives in a straight line and is predictable. A boat cracking the whip for an inner tube is highly unpredictable and can be relatively dangerous. Propose your own resolution banning inner tubes. Go a step further and state that jest skies are similarly unpredictable and so should also be banned.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-27-2009, 9:41 PM Reply   
I live on a like with sea walls also. the stupid 20-25feet sea ray I/O's throw bigger wakes than my xstar!!! they either plow along at 15mph or they whip a tube around in circles creating much bigger wakes! Its amazing how myself and this 230 can run the same line in the am from 7-10 and never hit a roller but when the stupid tube riders come out there isn't a spot of smooth water till they go in.

my xstar wake is knee high at best. On 430 acre lake you can get white caps that high in high winds.

What a jerk. If the board bans wakeboard boats then in all fairness all boats with an engine higher than 10hp should be banned as well. Odds are this guy has a pontoon boat with a 10hp engine and comes out at sunset with his #$@$%^#$% to sunset cruise with a glass of merlot.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-27-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
"So, does your property organization have the authority to make this rule?"

Like I said on CC yes they have the authority. They have changed other rules like boat size etc they even changed the rule about when you have to stop skiing. In Il the law says you have to stop skiing 1/2 hour after sunset they changed the rule to sunset....the reason they gave was the law was to confusing...so they make a different rule than the law what is more confusing than that!!!!

There will be a short discussion at the annual meeting then a Vote Who ever has the most people at the meeting will win the vote but the way I read the ballot the board can still do what it wants
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2009, 7:07 AM Reply   
I will try to catch up with you on this sometime this week. I think I am going to draft a statement that we can pass around and have people email to the lake manager. Maybe we can head this off at the pass.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-28-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
Fight every step of the way and try canvassing your neighbors to make sure those that would vote no, turn in their ballots and try to turn those that are on the fence to vote no. For the time being I would suggest that all the wakeboats be extra good lake citizens by turning off their tower speakers and avoiding any other activity that will give some of your neighbors who are on the fence some reason to vote yes.

I agree, that the vote is non-binding and they can still impose rules whatever the vote turns out to be, but if the majority vote is no, the board will have to spend some political capital to go against the clear wishes of the lake residents which will be a pretty strong deterrant. Good Luck!!!
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
if this does pass lead is your answer.. this ban is on ballest... i dont consider lead ballest.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-28-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
We're having the same issue on our home lake, except they just banned wakeboats and any boat over 21 feet. Luckily we're grandfathered in, but it means we can't sell our boats and buy another. Similar to Ohio, in PA the Commonwealth owns all the water in the State, I know the HOA doesn't have jurisdiction over the water here and I'm pretty sure they can't enact something like this or enforce it. We're going to ask the Fish & Game Commission first and then check into the legality of it. This is what happens when you have a board of directors with their own agenda and the whole community doesn't vote on things.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-28-2009, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'd be willing to bet there's a lot more to it than the wakes, like Nick said. Go back and look at all the "don't be that guy" threads. If other wake enthusiasts are sick of "that guy" imagine how the recreational boater or waterfront home owner feels about him. I wish more people would take a step back and realize that "we" are the people that are causing our rights to be challenged. It may be because of the minority, but we're all lumped into the wake boat category.

If we didn't have to own the loudest systems, or have the most weight and biggest surf wakes we wouldn't be in the spotlight. Everyone knows that a 28ft cabin cruiser will dwarf most wake boat wakes but it probably does it without a drunken idiot throwing up a gang sign & blasting 5000 watts of 2 Live Crew in front of your family BBQ.

The people who try passing these ban's are only responding to the "look at me" attitudes in our community.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
I am sure they are counting anything that ads to the weight under ballast or any device
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
^ with that logic this is beatable.
Coolers, livewells, tackleboxes, anchors, or freshwater tanks on bigger boats.... all add weight, then all those too must be banned. That leaves jetskis that are allowed on the lake
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2009, 10:38 AM Reply   
I now live on a lake where ballast is banned. I think it came from a couple areas. Its a smaller lake and we were wakesurfing. In hindsight, a bad idea on a smaller lake. They were only 3-4 actual wakeboard boats to a couple hundred I/O's, tooners, deckboats and fishing boats. We already had a 20' limit. They originall were going after people who bought 24' deckboats and registered them as pontoons which have a longer limit. They were a lot of these and the board was afraid to tick them off so to feel as though they were still doing something, they went after wakeboard boats. We had one guy in a wakeboard boat who just drank and blasted his tunes and just had an i dont care attitude. I was able to get on the commitee, but from the start it was obvious the decision was made. I played damage control.

Start now. Not necessarily fighting, but more showing you have just as much interest in the health of the lake as they do. As others have said, a deckboat loaded with the blue hair navy cruising at 11.5mph puts out a much more damaging wake then a wakeboard boat. They are also the people 25ft off the shoreline and throwing down powerturns. Try to get the HOA table it for the summer. Form a ski club or something similar and get everyone on board to show we are actually the more consciencess users of the lake. The fisherman on our lake have the ear of the board. They drive wasted, haul ass above the posted speed limit, sit in the middle of the narrowest part of the lake on the busiest days, and do some of the most A-hole things possbile. However their members are board members, donate time and money to the community, and basically over time have bought their way in. You should start doing the same now.

Bottomline go in as a member of the team who understands their concern, and then show them the desired outcome can be acheived by enforcing existing rules and promoting proper boating ettiquette.

You will lay the groundwork and then a tool bag in Dads boat with the system up and 4,000lbs will swamp the HOA's Presidents front yard and it will be game over. At least you will have tried.

By the way we run about 2000lbs still. Its easy to hide, hard to prove, and everyone know an 03 VLX needs noseweight so the driver can see. We've been rebel running like this for two years and have never been questioned. Why? R-E-S-P-E-C-T. We give it to everyone even if its a tool bag in a Busch Lite bass boat in the center of the lake.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-28-2009, 10:40 AM Reply   
ha

like them try to enforce that!
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-28-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Justin has just reinforced my point as to why they are going to try, along with enforcing a noise ordinance etc.......because were going to give them no other option than to fight us tooth and nail.

Not a jab at you personally Justin. I just think it's a great example of why people are always getting into our business.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-28-2009, 11:18 AM Reply   
i can see it for zebra muscles

they enfoRce that at most lakes in cali

sounds like somebody needs to get a 40ft trawler in there and get some real wakes!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
Is there also a limit on the boat size or weight for the lake?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-28-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
No weight limits, only length and speed. Length is limited to 22' on a run about or ski boat, 24' on pontoons and a 55MPH speed limit.

Due to how IL titles out boats, our XSTAR is legal for the lake.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-28-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
In the case on our lake, it wasn't because anyone was doing anything irresponsible. I've been skiing on the lake since I was 5 and have been taught to repsect others. I'm so respectful I mostly ran my boat on another lake last summer so I wouldn't piss anyone off (only ran mine there in the late fall when most people had pulled their boats anyways). The other two boats are also respectful.

Sad thing is the people in our community have never been exposed to a slammed boat or loud stereo, and 2 of the 3 wakeboats in there are older models (Vride & old Xstar) that don't throw huge wakes. The 3rd one (besides mine) I only see out once or twice a year. The weekend warriors who drink in their I/Os are the real problem on our lake. Our community has a boat & fish committe and the members are all hardcore fishermen who think they own the lake, are uneducated, and have there own agenda, that's where the problem is, they don't want any waterskiers or wakeboarders driving by at 7am when they're fishing. Honestly, in our case I don't think it's gonna matter, b/c legally I don't think they can enforce anything.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-28-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
^
I agree completely. The lake I live on has the locals, and the weekends.... Mon-thurs night the lake is great, everyone gives space to other riders/skiiers/fishermen/pontooners ... no one's music is overly loud, or has a lot of swearing, most of the time at sunset (we have to stop skiing then) people pull up together, share a beer or two, then come dark we all go home.

Its a beautiful thing, if we're riding at one point of the lake (even if it the best water) others will respect that and ride somewhere... driving the same line is the most stupid thing ever, I hate it, it doesn't work unless people never fall.... but all the locals there are super nice and will go out of their way to help/ make things better.

The weekend is a whole nother story. People pulling 3 tubes behind their cabin cruiser going back and forth across the lake, dad is looking back at the kids not seeing where he is going, wife is reading cosmo.... Jetskiiers jumping our wake only 10/15ft behind our rider... Some d-bag blasting the new Soulja Boy hit out if his 15 tower speakers doing beer bongs all day.

Its a mess, the cop boat is always out, and always busy.... during the week if they come out more often than not they'll just sit and watch us ride or just chit chat.

I understand the "weekend warriors" are on like a mini vactation but that is no excuse to be an ruin it for the people who live there.

It does come down to respect, thats it, thats all.

Whether it be the music you play out of your speakers, to not surfing right past a couple in a canoe, to not being drunk and/or unsafe with your boat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
"They were only 3-4 actual wakeboard boats"
I guess it depends on your definition of "actual wakeboard boats" but number is much higher than 3 or 4 Not counting the boats you are talking about There are 4 Centurions with Ballast system
3 V dives and 1 DD. I can think Of 6 Malibu's DD with The wedge and ballast systems. At least One Tige V drive. 2 new V drive Supras. That is just off the top of my head. I will say that none of those boats are ever slammed with weight but they do use there ballast, and or Taps, wedge. We need to get as many people at the meeting as we can!!

(Message edited by krbaugh on April 28, 2009)
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       04-28-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
BS BRO thats a load of crap dumbest thing iv ever heard
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
I live right on the lake and for the most part the people with Stereos are very well behaved
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-28-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
unweighted boat going 12 mph = big wake
weighted boat going 23mph = big wake

I would even venture to guess that a slow, unweighted boat would make a larger wake.

so, are they gonna mandate that boats can't cruise between 10 and 20 mph?

this is discrimination! call jesse jackson!
Old     (w00taz)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-28-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
all I can say is BIG MOTHER$#%*@ livewells shall prevail! rent a 40' cabin cruiser and roll around @ 12 mph throwing rollers so big the docks break off.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-28-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
Good point but there is a 22' boat length limit
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-28-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
"If they were really worried about their seawalls they'd make no wake zones, but don't suggest that one..."

It's too late on the Loxahatchee River in Florida. A popular skiing / boarding waterway was just turned into a no wake zone.

Slower speed riles boaters on Loxahatchee River:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2009/04/18/a1b_loxriver_0419.html

Check out the quote: "Worth said people used that natural channel in those forks of the river for water skiing since at least the early 1990s without any problems until recently." I wonder if the recent problems involve loud music, drinking, etc. Funny how they decide suddenly to enforce this rule after decades of neglect.
Old     (vino)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-29-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
For everyone in Ohio, here's the Ohio State supreme court decision which basically states that a HOA cannot make more restrictive rules than the Ohio Reviced Code (Ohio State Law)
http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/rod/docs/pdf/5/2002/2002-Ohio-2517.pdf
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-01-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
If they ban it, go buy a Mastercraft.
They have stealth ballast, which fills and drains through the bottom of the boat.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2009, 5:40 PM Reply   
Well we lost the vote by a slim margin but it was a lost none the same
Nothing will happen right away but we are doomed!
I also got the feeling it did not matter what the outcome the board had made up there mind
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-17-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
get a pension to fight it

trust me

checks and balances

we did it here for 2 strokes
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
The fight is not over but the board has control over lake regs so if they want to make the rule they can.

I am like 2 face on this one the barefooter in me say FANTASTIC! The wakeboarder says now that SUCKS
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-17-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
Time for the zebra mussels to come into play!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-17-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
what's wrong with a stock wake for wakeboarding?

it does suck for surfing though :-(
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Well In my case I have the Enzo 220 it has a crossover wake and needs some weight Many others have old ski boats that also need weight just to get something that is boardable
Old     (craig_f)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
So I'll see you on the Illinois river this summer?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-17-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
No but you might find me on the Kaskaskia River around New Athens... The Show Ski club at our lake keeps us tied to the lake most of the time
Old     (mywakeisbiggerr)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-18-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
What lake is this? Did i miss it?

Williamstown lake in kentucky has the same EXACT problem
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-18-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
I heard that my boat was the X- "STAR" attraction in their slide show. I am ready for a fight if they are. Time to add the pro tour ballast upgrade and call my lawyers and let them hash it out.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-18-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I don't see how they can enforce this. Keep your sacs out of view and how will they ever know? Either that or fill your boat with 12 people or 1000 pounds of ice and beers or fishing tackle or iron. It just says water bladders. The only way they stop you is to make the lake no wake.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
WakeboardSTl I was surprised that I did not see you at the meeting?

I was just getting ready to add more ballast but i have no desire to fight it if it passes

"I don't see how they can enforce this."

I agree accept all the people that want this will call security every time they see a boat with a tower!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-18-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Yeah I am sorry I missed it. I was out in KC for the Relentless Weekend. My ballot was sent in and my Dad was there.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2009, 6:19 PM Reply   
Unfortunately the only way you can vote was to be at the meeting
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Kevin,

Hope everything is ok after the storms. Heard Holiday Shores got hit pretty bad.

Tim
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for asking Tim our rules seem to be getting much closer to another lake in the area

As far as water I have never seen that much water in my life. The boat was cloating the lift I had to tie the boat to the lift and the lift to a tree

Upload
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-27-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
Check with the state....I know of a lake community that may be in violation of state riparian law...
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-27-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
Bring out the fat chicks..she ain't a lady unless she's 280.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-27-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Anchor chain. Weighs a lot, somewhat expensive, but they cannot regulate anchor chain....