Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-16-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Great day at Lake Perris, even though the water wasn't glass. Hey Joe thanks for driving my
baby(x-star).By the way, nice dancing..We have more pics of your second run, but the pics are to large to upload.
Here are a few pics for ya.
no particular order

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-16-2005, 8:20 PM Reply   
thanks for posting the pics, kevin. it was rough out there, but it was all worth it. i can't believe i did 2.5 laps around perris in my first run!

and thanks for taking us out! we had a blast! looking forward to hookin' up w/ you guys again.

and most of all, thanks for letting me drive your boat...and giving me the thumbs up!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-16-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
Yea I thinks thats some kinda record or something. I was tired after only 3/4 of a lap.

Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-16-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
What are you wearing Joe? Wetsuit with shorts on the outside? Or is it a drysuit? Pretty tough to see if you went with the drysuit and the shorts on the outside.

Looks like a perfect day...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-16-2005, 8:28 PM Reply   
wetsuit w/ shorts. don't you know the rule?

the company was perfect, as was the air temp. water conditions...that's another story!
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-17-2005, 10:09 AM Reply   
I know the rule...but was trying to see if maybe you were pushing in a new fashion direction. Setting new standards.
Old    sean123            01-17-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
I need to learn handle control from Joe.... I can't keep my handle low on the toeside like that!!!. Nice riding Joe.

Sean
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-17-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
That's Joe's signature Indywing, if you wanna have handle control you gotta have guns like Umali. He almost snapped me in half the first time I met him. Kevin, when you guys going next?
Old     (trump)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-17-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
Nice pictures. It looks like you had the whole lake to yourselfs.

I was wondering, what was the water temp? Last time out in November the water was 63.

I heard they started planting trout in Perris. So I'm thinking the water temp is in the mid fifties.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-17-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
So let me get this right....Joe rides behind the Mastercraft AAAAANND gets his picture taken (well) too????

Least you coulda did Joe is to uncover the wetsuit butt.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-17-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
yea I was reading 56 on the temp gauge.
Nice day, But as smooth as the water looks in
those pics, it was actually alot of rollers from
other boats. But all in all a great day.

Hey Stephan, we should be going to San V on thurs.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
hiltscherhitlerberger, better watch out...i've been workin' out....i'm HUGE!

sean, thanks, but all it takes is practice. just keep workin' on it...it'll happen!

derek, what do you mean? i've ridden many mastercrafts!
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-17-2005, 3:46 PM Reply   
Joe, I mean that sounds like quite a hook-up, to both get a great pull AND get your picture taken. Good weather, nice wake, photos to prove it.

Sounds like a better deal than me hoping the tarps don't leak and the thing fill up and then mold over and when I'm gonna be able to get it out, and how we're gonna have to go another year without Perfect Pass and a system and auto-ballast and...

All you gotta do is be nice, show up with some duckets and leave a smile with the dude.

Sounds like you're the smart one.

(Message edited by toyotafreak on January 17, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-17-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
4 years ago, i was pretty close to getting a boat. but, all my friends talked me out of it, since they all had boats and they pretty much took me along when i wanted.

looking back now and after reading many horror stories, i'm glad i don't have a boat, and became a professional mooch instead!

i do what i can when invited; give tips, bring gas money, help clean-up, drive the boat, back trailer, etc., etc. it's what professional mooches do.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-18-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
In some of these pics the wake is frigging huge. Were u guys running alot of weight? Hell even I could get huge air of that wake!!!!!!!!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
Well lets see.

1,000 lbs factory ballast
2 600 lbs custom bags in rear lockers on pumps
usually run a 500 lb up in the front also, but that day we tried it without the extra 500 lbs
Created a much more of a vert ramp type wake--NICE
With the 500 up in the front the wake is thicker
and more of a ramp style wake. I like it either
way.
O yea, lets not forget the dry weight of the X-star is 4,200 lbs. and has a 57 gallon gas tank(when full of fuel is equal to another 300 lbs of weight directly over the center of the boat).Thats helps too.

(Message edited by big x-star on January 19, 2005)
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-19-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
Kevin,

Sweet setup!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-19-2005, 12:42 PM Reply   
your pics look quite familiar to me, but the water was alot smoother than it was yesterday. flippin whitecaps, yuck!! I wish they would hurry up and open up Canyon or Elsinore!!
Old     (blitzpb)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-20-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hey, we were there that same day! We were in the red, white, black Malibu 25LSV. I havent seen conditions that good at Perris in a while. It sure is nice when all the seadoos stay home. We wake boarded to start off with then switched to surfing. Had a sick surf wake pumping. Thank God for Wetsuits though, that water was mighty chilly!

Nick
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-21-2005, 10:10 AM Reply   
so THAT was you!!! the wakesurfing was cool, especially since you guys decided to do it just when the water started gettin' good!

just kidding man! next time, let's tie-up and chill and chat.
Old    wsrmatt            02-03-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
that lake looks sick
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       02-03-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Holy crap, I cant believe you can see the mountains.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-03-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
"especially since you guys decided to do it just when the water started gettin' good!"

"just kidding man!"

-Yeah right!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
j-rod, shhhhhhhh!

kaben, you can usually see the mountains on clear winter days. (80% of winter is sunny) in the summer, good luck trying to find them thru the smog!