Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-03-2016, 9:46 AM Reply   
I will be demoing he above mentioned boat and I am curious to see if anyone can share the " best settings for surf "
Thanks in advance...
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       10-03-2016, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hit up Brian with Exile. He has been running one for a year or so.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-04-2016, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Hit up Brian with Exile. He has been running one for a year or so.


10-4. Good idea
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-06-2016, 6:37 AM Reply   
Tons of info on this on the MB Forum
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-06-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm525 View Post
Tons of info on this on the MB Forum


I have seen it, just looking for as much first hand advice as possible.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly_Crew View Post
I have seen it, just looking for as much first hand advice as possible.
The peeps on the MB forum have first hand advice....
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-06-2016, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
The peeps on the MB forum have first hand advice....


After some feedback from a friend that demo'd the boat yesterday I beleive I will go camping with the kids at Lake Martin instead. Forecast is 86 and sunny Sunday and monday( the kids are out of school.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-06-2016, 10:43 AM Reply   
;-)
Old     (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-06-2016, 6:01 PM Reply   
Sounds like maybe your friend didn't do what you did, and ask for some advice from the people who know the most about the proper set-up. That would be best coming from owners. Too often times even dealers don't take the time to dial in a boat before a demo, so it will show in its best capabilities. I've demo'd a '17 F24 that have been experimented with by our local dealer for many hours, and the surf wave, and the wakeboard wake are both beyond description. Massive, deep, long, and so much push I watched a smaller Malibu get almost airborne trying to cut through the wake. But our dealer will tell you it did take some time to learn how to set things up for the optimum performance.

Probably ought to try an arrange another demo with your local dealer, but be sure to have the key settings in hand when you go out.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       10-07-2016, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
Sounds like maybe your friend didn't do what you did, and ask for some advice from the people who know the most about the proper set-up. That would be best coming from owners. Too often times even dealers don't take the time to dial in a boat before a demo, so it will show in its best capabilities. I've demo'd a '17 F24 that have been experimented with by our local dealer for many hours, and the surf wave, and the wakeboard wake are both beyond description. Massive, deep, long, and so much push I watched a smaller Malibu get almost airborne trying to cut through the wake. But our dealer will tell you it did take some time to learn how to set things up for the optimum performance.

Probably ought to try an arrange another demo with your local dealer, but be sure to have the key settings in hand when you go out.


My friend and I both reasearched best practices for the 16 and she applied those principles but was a bit disappointed as she expected more from the newer hull. She is an MB owner and shared her honest opinion, her opinion is highly valued to me. Both of us will wait to see what the 17' mods have to offer.
I agree optimum settings can be difficult on any boat for a demo. Thanks for the input.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       10-07-2016, 2:43 PM Reply   
The B52 was a pain to dial in. So many little adjustments here and there. When dialed it puts out a massive wave. Tons of push and super long. Not the prettiest wave but very powerful.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-10-2016, 12:31 PM Reply   
the new swim platform on the 2017 will help. in 2016 the platform was really wide and rectangular. If you do your research I'm sure you will find some photos where it looks like the edge digs into the wave and creates a line. Thats where it wasn't the most aesthetically pleasing. also, if you look at the hard edge in the transom i think that is also affecting the way the water flows off the side and back of the boat. i believe there might be a redesign coming for this boat for that reason.

from my experience I've tried listing the boat, I've tried MB Switch (GSA), and I've used the Ronix Wakesurf Shaper on this boat.... GSA takes a minute to make it look better but does provide pretty good power and force. Fill all ballast ncluding plug n play if you have it. i hate to admit this but a wake surf shaper or suction gate definitely creates a pretty sweet wave. i typically don't use much center trim tab bc i like a steep face but if you want to flatten the wave out, thats there for your adjustment.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us