Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
All,
I realize this is a very simplistically vague question. I've got a buddy that just bought a 2007 Calabria Team Pro V with the Sony/Boston Acoustic upgrade. Sick boat, but since he's gotten the boat home, the stereo hasn't worked. We've check all wirings, fuses, resets etc. The amp isn't getting powered either. Its GOT to be something very simple being the stereo worked during the test drive.
He's got dual batteries w/an electronic isolator. Is there something being missed or is he in for a trip back to the dealer?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Troy - The Team system is any excellent stereo system. When you say the amp isn't getting power did you check with a meter or is the light just not coming on. Only reason I ask is because not everyone knows the the control cover needs to be taken off of the Boston amps to expose the fuses. If you did check power and remote with a meter and there isn't any power there should be a main fuse near the battery. Check power before and after that. Let me know what you find or if you already have checked that.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Where is the boat at? I might be able to save your buddy a trip back to Rancho.
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Ben,
Excellente, one more thing to check. We did NOT take the control cover off the amp. Will check today.
Hey btw, please give me a call so we can get those Bullets on our Sanger. Thanks to Mr. Bush's Economic Stimulus Package, I am not ready to pull the trigger on those hollow points.
Email me if you need my phone number again, thanks bro!
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
He is in East Elk Grove...
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Troy - No problem. You will notice two screws on the face of the amp. They are made so you can even use a quarter to take them off. Once off you will see I think 3 20 amp ATC fuses. If the fuses are fine let me know.

I can be ready for your Sanger mid this week. We need to do another Hollow Point install on a Centurion we have there. I have another Supreme after that but I can squeeze you in. I have a Calabria Team V that is coming in pretty soon to for some crazy stuff. Since you are in EG I can even pic it up on the way in if its easier for you. What color did you have in mind black, white or chrome? Whites were a little low but everything else is fine. I will give you a call early this week.

Here is an X-15 we just finished up Friday with the Bullet Hollow Point 770s in black.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Boats dropped off last week in the doctors waiting room (south bay of shop) for this week to be started and finished

Upload
Old     (tysonbunch)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-13-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
I think I saw that X-15 out on Folsom Saturday.. Sick boat with some major tunes. Ben, PM me your contact as I have a 2007 Calabria I need to get some speakers installed on.
Old     (cab13367)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-13-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Troy,

On my boat (Moomba), there is a rocker switch on the dash that turns power to the stereo system on and off. Could it be something similar?

Good luck.

Al
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Tyson - The boat you saw was the same boat. After the pictures were taken they loaded up the boards and they were off to Folsom yesterday at 9AM. How did it sound on the water? The midbass was scary loud 50 yards away at the shop. I'll PM you right now.
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Al,
thanks for the tip. Yea we thought it HAS to be something real simple. Don't see any rocker switches or anything, I appreciate the message.

Ben-lets talk. Timing is an issue as the boat is scheduled for an oil change this week. I had been thinking of chrome, but that black looks pretty good on the X-star. Either way, it'll be within the next two weeks.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
Troy - Let just plan on when you get it back from an oil change. I just need to know what color and clamp size to put aside for you. If I remember right we decided on the 770s. I'll give you a call tomorrow.