Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-05-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Some friends and I were talking about our last hb trip to Powel...Don Pedro came up ... any suggestions ?... Thanks
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-05-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
Pedro is where I ride 95% of the time and if renting a houseboat i would definately say its worth it. Even in the dead of summer mid week is normally pretty calm to ride and then you can party it up friday, saturday and sunday!
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
yeah go ride there it's way better than any of the other lakes around that area.
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-05-2007, 6:05 PM Reply   
You are tring to hard Scott (D2).
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-05-2007, 6:31 PM Reply   
just trying to redeem myself.haha
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
DP is a great lake to Houseboat on. We've rented boats there twice. Always a great time. Mid Week water is pretty killer. Early mornings and evenings. Usually it's blown out during the day, but still possible to find good water if you know where to look. Plus it's close and the rates are competitive. I highly recomend going all out and getting the boat with the bar and hot tub on the roof. I think we spent about 90% of our time up there either chilling in the hot tub at night or making drinks at the bar.

Anyway, great times.... And, yes, in my opinion it's the best lake in that area to houseboat. McClure is OK, but not as big (really only cool if you're going to Schweene's camp, eh?). Tulloch doesn't have houseboats and it's small.
Old     (papag)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
My family has had a houseboat on Pedro for about 7 years and had one on McClure before that. That being said, the reason that we chose Pedro for our houseboat was because of how great of a lake it is. Its definitely no Shasta or Powell, but it is still an awesome lake.

Our houseboat is located at the Fleming Meadows end of the lake but I'd recommend renting from the Moccasin Point marina. In general the water is much better towards that end.

Like everyone else has said, if you are going to be there during the week then you are in for a treat. Even in the middle of summer, the lake is practically empty mid week. Because of that I always try to spend at least 2 full weeks on our houseboat during the summer in order to take advantage of the great water and weather.

If you've got any questions, please PM me.
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       02-06-2007, 9:16 AM Reply   
"(really only cool if you're going to Schweene's camp, eh?)"

Oh I see how it is Evan!
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-06-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
Here is a few pictures of LDP where you can see the water conditions, both were in Oct. and the one of my son is around 2PM. You can see how blown out it gets I wouldn't recommend it . You can make out my friends cabin where we stay if you look hard enough.Upload
Upload
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-06-2007, 10:32 AM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha... Sorry BG. I wont front, I like McClure also. I guess I'm just partial to Pedro since I pretty much grew up there.
Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Don Pedro is a awesome lake. You can always find good water if you know where to go. Just don't bring fireworks. It is a good way to get kicked off the lake. We found out the hard way last year!!!
Old     (cwaker4)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-06-2007, 11:44 PM Reply   
DP is a legit lake for riding and good water, my fam is renting a house boat there this summer, im looking forward to it.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-07-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
wakeboarding ... that does look pretty nasty ...
cie... we will probably get 2 of the of the nice boats ... just started looking into it ...moccasin point is the marina to go out of ?... thanks
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       02-07-2007, 6:18 AM Reply   
Rent the houseboat from Moccassin point. Better water on that side of the lake, nicer houseboats from Forever Resorts on that side. If you reserve your houseboat now before summer season you get a discount. I can't remember how much. Last year was the 2nd year I rented one. The only bad thing about Don Pedro is you can not have a camp fire at all. No shore fires. Last year there was a huge fire there from people playing with fireworks. The fire lasted for a couple of days.