Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-14-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
Hi...does anybody have any pics or know where to get a full boat cover that would cover the entire tower, boat, trailer, tires, etc.? I think I saw one on here awhile back but I'm not sure. I'm sure it would have to be custom made but I think it's better than $200 for shrinkwrap and much less than then multiple thousands it would cost to build a carport/garage. Anyone??? Thanks...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
You can get a custom cover from one of a few vendors in the area. Delta Canvas in Discovery Bay comes to mind. My cover from Dawnine is not holding up as well as my previous cover from Delta, plus she flaked on some promises she had made before payment so she is off my preferred list. There was a canvas guy in Oakley at the base of the bridge, they did a good job on some bimini mods for my old boat. Tower Bimini is in Gilroy, they could probably build a cover for you. I would just get a full boat cover, I don't like covers that cover the tower but that's just me. Covercraft sells tire covers. I am in San Ramon my HOA is strict but there is a Sanger and a SAN in my neighborhood under those Costco canvas garages, not sure how they are getting away with it since I got a letter when I had an EZ up on my side yard?Upload
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-15-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
btw,

This is my mom's dock at Discovery Bay, in case you were wondering where there were boat docks in San Ramon...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-16-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
I've been meaing to get some pictures of my cover up, but I took my exsting cover and had sunbrella skirting added (3 feet) all the way around. was only $150.
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-16-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
Adam,
Where did you have skirting added?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-16-2006, 1:17 PM Reply   
http://skiboatcovers.com/

on a reccomendation from someone on here. I called wanting a whole new custom cover , he suggested that b/c my current cover was in good shape to just add the skirting. I called some local canvas shop and they said they could do it , but had never done it before.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 12:01 PM Reply   
like this
Upload
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-17-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
yes mine is similar but does not cover the tower, but does cover the platform. I'll try and get pics tonite....it's on the lift airing out from the weekend.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Tim -

That is exactly what I'm talking about...but want it for on the trailer to cover down to about 6 inches from the ground to protect boat, trailer, etc...like a big tent but utilizing the tower as the midpoint.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
Try this link for a couple ideas.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/367489.html?1158086410
Old     (wakeboarderdown)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-18-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
I'm having a custom cover made right now that will cover the entire boat but will not cover the trailer. My tower folds down and the cover is going to go over it as it's in storage. Will get some pics up when i get it back on friday. Superior Upholstery in san carlos,ca is doing it.