Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-29-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
Whats everyone doing this winter?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-29-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
2nd battery, sub under the helm instead of in dry storage. Possibly replacing the tower speakers.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
Last winter I thought about getting a local upholstery shop to help me design an above the tower bimini for the Titan II tower. Maybe this year.
Old    ScottRobinson            09-29-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
Adding

Wind Dam to my 2011 Epic 23V
Surf Rack to tower
More foam flooring to the Gunnels
Taking out Carpet under drivers seat and adding Foam Flooring like rest of boat
Drinking a few beers in the process of it all !!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
Adding

4 more Exile SX65's and a Exile xi800, maybe a few other audio pieces
Underwater LED's
LED's throughout the boat...not sure if I'm going to add the music flash controller...some people say that's gay..lol
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-29-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
-New Pioneer deck to replace the Sony crap (already on its way)
-Perko switch
-New gauges
-Custom designing and machining new dash plate for new gauges
-Adding PAC controls for the tower speakers and interior speakers (integrated into new dash plates)
-Designing and machining a billet ipod holder for the dash
-new sub box under the dash
-moving the batteries
-cleaning and polishing
-some small gelcoat reapirs under the hull
-taking the boat down to Sanger for some seats to be re-upolstered and new carpet.

If I have time and money after than then re-carpeting the bunks and new tires.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-29-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
New alternator (mine works, but is making annoying noises)
perfect pass stargazer
ballast bags/pumps for the rear
1 small gelcoat repair
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Build a bad a$$ custom Bimini top so I can use my new swivel boardracks
Old     (black_ops_09)      Join Date: May 2009       09-29-2010, 12:54 PM Reply   
Riding!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       09-29-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
new boat, a couple 15" DD subs, maybe some Exile amps, more LED's, maybe an RGB controller, water misters, jeez i better get started
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
Exile 2500.1 x2 (2 x 15" 9515) = BOOOOOOM!!!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-29-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
Build a bad a$$ custom Bimini top so I can use my new swivel boardracks
Hey Jay,
I'm curious what you have in mind. You going above the tower?
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       09-29-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
i was thinking some 3515's, i dont think even the exile 2500's have enough for a 9515... Thoughts?
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-29-2010, 7:36 PM Reply   
I'm rebuilding my entire boat. Got a head start on winter about a month or so ago, but off the top of my head...

* Pulling the motor, complete tear down and rebuild
* clean out the fuel tank
* check/replace all the ballast pumps
* rewire all the electrical stuff: pumps, lights, audio, engine harness - repair/replace as necessary
* fix leaky ballast
* add some more drain holes
* replace mirror
* rebuild trim tab hydraulics
* rip out carpet and replace with foam
* fix leaky ballast
* replace perfect pass display
* get prop straightened
* fix cracked swim deck
* detail the boat once I'm done getting it dirty
* redo the trailer bunks
* redo the trailer wiring and fix lights
* fix the trailer brakes

Then maybe I can get to the fun stuff like flashy LED lights, a new wrap, and other creature comforts.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-29-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
installing a heater and a new switch panel for my tower lights
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-29-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
I plan on riding all winter. Got to love California!! Great winter water and no boats around
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-29-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
Bill, bellow at the moment but I am still in the design phase. All options are still on the table...
Old     (nautique830)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-30-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
i also plan on riding all winter...would like to get the sub and some LEDs in on the really chilly days. hopefully its in the 60-70s again around xmas...
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-30-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of adding ballast to my VTX. I'm looking at plumbing in a new bow sack, then also doing the piggyback sacks for the back lockers. If I have enough extra cash and may added tower speakers, amp and a sub
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-30-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
i was thinking some 3515's, i dont think even the exile 2500's have enough for a 9515... Thoughts?
Based on their RMS of 1500 I'd say yes if you did a 2500 per as I meant.

A single 2500 should accomidate your 3515

Last edited by hatepain; 09-30-2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: EDIT RMS OF WOOFER
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-30-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Not going to do much to the boat other than reupholster the Drivers seat and observers seat....

Money is going into the house this year 18" x 18" travetine tile and handscraped woodflooring.

Murphy
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-30-2010, 8:44 PM Reply   
How much do you think it costs to re-carpet (thinking about it for my 05 Sanger
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-30-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
new boat, a couple 15" DD subs, maybe some Exile amps, more LED's, maybe an RGB controller, water misters, jeez i better get started
water misters?! thats sick! like from the tower!?!
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-30-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
I still wanna do the RGB's like I wanted to do last Winter, still need more input though. Haven't found the right controllers and don't wanna do the DJ mixtape stuff.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-01-2010, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
I still wanna do the RGB's like I wanted to do last Winter, still need more input though. Haven't found the right controllers and don't wanna do the DJ mixtape stuff.
I was thinking about using this control and use the line in input to connect to one of my amps.

This controller http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/rgb-...e-control.html

With these LED's http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/12v-...lex-strip.html

A video of the setup in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seQzT6a75jA
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-01-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
I thought this one was pretty cool too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYwGZ...eature=related
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-01-2010, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
call me crazy but why would anyone want water misters on a boat?
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-01-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
Yea, it would be crazy up here in the NW..... like it's not wet enough already.

But down in AZ or TX, where it's hot as Hades, it would drop the temp in the boat quite a bit. The infamous trampoline boat down in Houston has them. And Murphy has a patent on some that they use down on the Parker Strip a lot.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-01-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Yea, it would be crazy up here in the NW..... like it's not wet enough already.

But down in AZ or TX, where it's hot as Hades, it would drop the temp in the boat quite a bit. The infamous trampoline boat down in Houston has them. And Murphy has a patent on some that they use down on the Parker Strip a lot.
I guess you didnt sense my sarcasm... Here a crap video i took this summer while the boat under still under construction. I will try and get some better video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQoS2e2Jyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F333rKWkpIs

Last edited by factorykitted; 10-01-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-01-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
dreaming. I am holding off on any projects. I hope to have my self in the position to pick up a used inboard or vdrive next year.
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-01-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have a s**t load of stuff to do to my boat this winter
1. install PP stargazer... i have it just have to get it installed
2. install 6 new Polk DB651's and amp for them to replace the cabin speakers
3. install integrated bow sac and plumb it into the GIII ballast system
4. install underwater LED that i just purchased
5. manufacture a rock guard and spare tire mount for my trailer
6. replace the steering cable
7. replace the shaft packing
8. replace stock pumps with Tsunami pumps and if i get brave enough drill in a second inlet for filling
9. install the cupholder led's and strip led's
10. install windbreak for the walkway
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-01-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorykitted View Post
I guess you didnt sense my sarcasm... Here a crap video i took this summer while the boat under still under construction. I will try and get some better video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQoS2e2Jyk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F333rKWkpIs
Couple more videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF0rxJMHPJc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lrxURXkDMo
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-01-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Trying to decide if I should save a 2007 Xstar that sunk or rebuild a '55 Century Coronado. Polar opposites, I know!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-01-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
The Texas Stereo Project is all well in good but it can't touch...

Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       10-01-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Finish stereo install with replacement amp and sub.
New swim platform.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-01-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
Install tower speakers, a pair of amps and a sub. Maybe will upgrade interior speakers and factory amp as well.

Install WS-420 EQ

Install plug and play bags.

Maybe will add deck-trac and a tower mirror too, but haven't decided on those yet.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-03-2010, 5:44 AM Reply   
replacing my KRYPT hlcd;s with a set of pro 485's and an arc audio amp more interior LED'S a sea deck swim platform pad and replacing the marine hardware packing system for the PSS system and switching all my trailer lites to LED'S and if I can find something that will work converting my docking lites to a HID system.........H
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-04-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
I'm on the fence on this one. I hear great things - who has them like / dislikes?
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-04-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
OOPS - Looking for dislikes and likes for FAE. Hear good things. Owner is really nice - I'm sitting on the fence for doing a winter upgrade on this
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_ops_09 View Post
Riding!

Some ideas I want to do:

Redoing the play pen cushion. Didn't come with one and I threw something together really quick.
Air dam will be included in teh play pen cushion.
Replace interior Clarion 6.5 with something better.
Folding swim platform bracket
Gunnel top deck foam to be added full boat.
sand trailer and redo with bed liner.

All time depending.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-05-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
2nd battery, plumb in the enzo sac,install a bimini, and new tires on the trailer. and what ever else my wife will let me spend my hard earned money on!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-05-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
Tom, do a search on FAE and you'll see overwhelming support for it.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-05-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
Thanks HnP - I did, pretty convincing.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-05-2010, 11:09 PM Reply   
Maybe getting back surgery round II? I pretty sure I have herniated my L5-S1 disc again, this time on the left. Seeing my surgeon tomorrow...
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2010, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
Maybe getting back surgery round II? I pretty sure I have herniated my L5-S1 disc again, this time on the left. Seeing my surgeon tomorrow...
What kind of back surgery did you have the first time? I herneated the same disc back in January on the motocross track. I've only wakeboarded twice all year. I had 3 injections in my spine and they won't let me have anymore. The Dr. said since a lot of my pain is in my back then they would normally fuse the spine, but I'm too young for that he said. I have sciatica pretty bad, and now my left leg is an inch shorter than the right from overcompensation. Now all I have is pain killers...can you please tell me about your surgery??? Or how you ended up getting over the slipped disc.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
Situps, an inversion table, anti-inflamatories, a hot tub, & an ice pack is how I get past my back problems. Probably need to start a new thread though.
Lots of info about there on the web about it.... Google it.
Good luck to ya both. It's a crappy injury & takes a while to work it out.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-06-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
This winters projects?

Finish bow of my boat! Install electric actuators to fiberglass bow cover.

Finish fiberglass amp racks in bow.

Water cool all amps.

Install new hlcd speakers inside the boat.

Add a ton of RGB lighting to replace all my blue led's

Add a half wrap with some light up graphics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2e1l...eature=related

And I've got something real special planned for the swim deck but its top secret! lol
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-06-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006maliblue View Post
This winters projects?

Finish bow of my boat! Install electric actuators to fiberglass bow cover.

Finish fiberglass amp racks in bow.

Water cool all amps.

Install new hlcd speakers inside the boat.

Add a ton of RGB lighting to replace all my blue led's

Add a half wrap with some light up graphics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2e1l...eature=related

And I've got something real special planned for the swim deck but its top secret! lol

you're installing hlcd"s as in boat speakers?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-06-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yea, I know it'll be stupid loud and thats what I want. Plus we're machining a differant shaped horn so it dispurses the sound better instaed of projecting it. I throw a new system in every winter. Sometimes its a winner and sometimes its not. Just doing a little experimenting this year! lol
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Bendow - you need to look into having an artificial disc replacement. I have four years with mine and it gave me my life back.
Old    mojo            10-06-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
yhou should never have a fusion. www.mypaintreatment.com endoscopic discectomy.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
Robert Mitchell (2006maliblue) Water cool the amps??
Old     (chris_b)      Join Date: Feb 2007       10-06-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
I have a few projects to do. The biggest is first but way past due.

Oct. = build my new boat garage
Nov. = winterize
Dec. = move batteries
Jan. = replace sub
Feb. = some gel repair

I am sure more will pop up as I go.
Old     (spokes34)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-06-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
Hi Bill,
First post here but long time lurker, I have a ’98 MasterCraft 205 and just had StarOne build me a tower for it. I was looking long and hard for a top tower mounted bimini and was getting ready to settle for a monster cargo bimini. I was talking with Brett Burrows from StarOne, he said they are now making a top tower mounted bimini. You should hit them up, pricing was competitive as well.

Troy

StarOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_airjunky View Post
Last winter I thought about getting a local upholstery shop to help me design an above the tower bimini for the Titan II tower. Maybe this year.
Name:  OTB2.JPG
Views: 2494
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  OTB.jpg
Views: 2534
Size:  30.9 KB
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-06-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
Nice. Thanks Troy.
I have a buddy who has an 08 VTX that has that same tower & bimini. I love it. And he's like 6'3" & loves it too!

It is about a foot shorter than mine (pic at the top of the thread). And of course, it's the newer Titan III tower, which has a double hoop across the top. And looking at how the tower hooks up on the tower, it doesn't look to me that it would be useable as is on the Titan II. But it looks to me like you could add another bow to the back of the tower hoop, extend the bimini back a foot or so, and maintain the shape, rake, and sturdiness of it. Supports could be done on the back leg, similar to the front. Might not collapse as easily as they do now, but thats like 1% of my idea of a good bimini.

I photochopped a similar top on my boat to see what it might look like.

Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2010, 5:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006maliblue View Post
Yea, I know it'll be stupid loud and thats what I want. Plus we're machining a differant shaped horn so it dispurses the sound better instaed of projecting it. I throw a new system in every winter. Sometimes its a winner and sometimes its not. Just doing a little experimenting this year! lol
Can you tell me more? Have you thought about putting in some of those WS 6x9's?

I'll start another thread in the wakeboard section about the slipped disc. Definitely need to figure something out...I'm too young to be dealing with this crap
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-07-2010, 5:47 AM Reply   
I'm probably just going to sit in my boat and make engine noises all winter.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-11-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
I'm glad to see so many people planning so many different projects.

I'll be out riding as much as possible. I have a few projects underway that I hope to show at the Sacramento Boat Show next year.

MikeSki- Sorry to hear about the back!!

Robert - I'm interested to hear the short horns on the interior. Are they still about a 5" mounting depth? Keep me updated on how the EL wrap goes too. I've bee interested in this for a while. Now that we have an in house vinyl tech doing boat wraps I think it would be something else we could offer.

My RGB contribution:
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-11-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it. Your gonna throw away all that hard work for them 2 10's?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
HA, hell no! That was inreference to UNvisible putting some in his boat with an Exile amp.
Old    dhorton            10-11-2010, 6:30 PM Reply   
I want to add 12V solenoid valves to my ballast system '02 super air. I will def keep the manual valves as a safety precaution. My big concern is loosing flow rate, its really nice to fill the 2 rear v drive sacs and the locker sac (fly high seat bottom sac) in less than 5 min. Anyone with experience your advice is would be welcome.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-12-2010, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbox View Post
I'm glad to see so many people planning so many different projects.

I'll be out riding as much as possible. I have a few projects underway that I hope to show at the Sacramento Boat Show next year.

MikeSki- Sorry to hear about the back!!

Robert - I'm interested to hear the short horns on the interior. Are they still about a 5" mounting depth? Keep me updated on how the EL wrap goes too. I've bee interested in this for a while. Now that we have an in house vinyl tech doing boat wraps I think it would be something else we could offer.

My RGB contribution:
Ben, what LED's and LED controller are you using? Is that sound activated or is the controller using a line in? That's really bad ass!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       10-12-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
HA, hell no! That was inreference to UNvisible putting some in his boat with an Exile amp.
Looks like i'm definitely going to do some 3515's, unless something "new" comes out ... but the amps, i'm still not set on. I may have to go with some power hungry monsters to get the type of boom i'm after this time.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-13-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Here's a easy one for you guys without auto reverse brake lock-out on your trailer. Install a reverse lock-out solenoid. Installs right between the back of the actuator and the brake line. Takes ten minutes to install. Re-wire a 5 pin flat plug in, hook up ground and reverse wire to solenoid, and buy the correct adapter for your vehicle, bleed the brakes and your done! And for under $100, no more putting the manual brake lock-out pin in when backing up.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Bendow - I import the controllers direct. They are very similar to these from oznium except the ones I use do have a mic and a line in.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-14-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Sparky, where did you get your lock-out solenoid?
Old     (twelve02)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-14-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SangerTom View Post
How much do you think it costs to re-carpet (thinking about it for my 05 Sanger
Hey Tom,

Did you find out how much new carpet might cost for your Sanger, I was thinking about doing mine as well. I'm gonna steam clean it first then decide. Where in Ventura are you? I'm down in Burbank.

-Tom
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-14-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Art, local trailer supply house.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-14-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Also swapping the 1500.1 for a 2500.1
Adding another pair of Exile surf speakers
Changing the ballast drains to drain below the waterline and adding a false bank of switches to stay away from our local laws that arent too WED friendly come January 1st 2011.
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       10-16-2010, 9:55 AM Reply   
replacing all of the cheap black abs flat plastic pieces in our Axis A22 with high gloss carbon fiber sheet. should add a nice touch-
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       10-16-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_b_21v View Post
Also swapping the 1500.1 for a 2500.1
Adding another pair of Exile surf speakers
Changing the ballast drains to drain below the waterline and adding a false bank of switches to stay away from our local laws that arent too WED friendly come January 1st 2011.
elaborate on this ?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looks like i'm definitely going to do some 3515's, unless something "new" comes out ... but the amps, i'm still not set on. I may have to go with some power hungry monsters to get the type of boom i'm after this time.
I'd give the XI 2500.1 a swing on these guys. They are rated conservatively at 13.8V. Talk to Brian to get the straight dope on them.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-16-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Twelve - didn't get a price - going to to do the same as you - steam clean first. Agoura area
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
elaborate on this ?
We had local regulations pass on certain parts of our rivers that bans the use of wake enhancing devices, ie; ballast, wedge, switchblade, or wieght. Being that water wieght is the most common form of wake enhancement, law inforcement will ask for you to turn on your drain pumps and if water shoots out the side of the hull........your busted! With the drains below the water line they will have no proof when you are asked to drain your tanks. The laws are gay , and left to the officers descretion. Just a little extra security if you have it routed that way.
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       10-18-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawshogg View Post
We had local regulations pass on certain parts of our rivers that bans the use of wake enhancing devices, ie; ballast, wedge, switchblade, or wieght. Being that water wieght is the most common form of wake enhancement, law inforcement will ask for you to turn on your drain pumps and if water shoots out the side of the hull........your busted! With the drains below the water line they will have no proof when you are asked to drain your tanks. The laws are gay , and left to the officers descretion. Just a little extra security if you have it routed that way.
interesting, i hadnt heard of this. I guess you'd be screwed if you had a leaky intake valve.... sounds about as reasonable as our noise ordinance laws.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Ya, quite interesting, Scary actually.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-18-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Lead!
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2010, 4:06 PM Reply   
Lead has too many downfalls to be used in such large quanities in my opinion, it's fine for small adjustments. I don't wanna tow an extra 1500lbs of lead around. Lead is easy to see on an inspection also. And we are also talking about a Malibu that has no exposed tanks or bags. If you have bags , ballast or pop they are quite easy to identify on a visual.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-18-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Thats for replying Brandon.
Just like Brandon explained. We are fighting an interesting battle here in Oregon.
They have successfully banned WED's on a 17 mile stretch of river, and they are voting on another tomorrow for one of the most popular and protected riding spots in the Portland Metro area.
Its not looking real good, we do have an Attorney working on some responses mostly because this is being driven by a bunch of environmentalists that have political ties to the Governor. They have not followed the state statute on their process to change these laws.
Lucky for us this Governor is on his way out and we are hoping for a turn. The Governor race has a candidate who is very pro-boater who is currently in the lead.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-18-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
No problem Pops.