Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    upupnaway            09-06-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
I swear.....I give up. I have had a string of the worst luck. Within the last month I have had someone wipe out my prop, which I did not see until it had ruined the bushings on the drive shaft, messed up the window that opens into the bow, put a hole in my passenger seat, changed my starter with a starter that went bad within 2 months, WHICH MUNSON MARINE ON 12 AND 120 IN VOLO WOULD NOT WARRANTY SO NEVER GO THERE BEACAUSE THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LEGENDARILY CRAPPY!) and finally told my lady that I would not fix the next thing that broke on the boat, based on the theory that every time I fix something, another part goes bad.
Well, I lied. I was docked at a marina(without bumpers....my bad) during todays competition, and the wakes from the contest boats caused my boat to rub against a post and my rub-rail popped out in one spot. I popped it back in and was on my way to trailer my boat when whaddaya know? I hit a rock and wiped out my new prop.

I just thought I would share this, in hopes that someone will read this and feel a little less cursed in comparison.
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-06-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
Mike, ouch! Well, look at the bright side, it can't get much worse, maybe now that you've had a string of bad luck your in for a string of really good luck. Good luck with the rest of your season man, my heart goes out to ya.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-07-2003, 12:12 AM Reply   
I can relate - it seems like it's been one thing after another for me too. I've been really questioning whether I still want to be a boat owner at this point.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2003, 12:15 AM Reply   
NO BILL DON'T DO IT. WHO WILL WE MOOCH OFF!!!
Old    upupnaway            09-07-2003, 4:40 AM Reply   
It is pretty rough, but you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose. On the bright side though, this has been a great season. I learned alot of new tricks, met some cool people, stayed in shape and got a killer tan. Plus, I am getting to know my way around a boat pretty well!
Old    jacob_morgan            09-07-2003, 6:15 AM Reply   
our boat is in the shop, bout 1500$
when its all said and done

bought the boat last yr(1995 yr model), well the impeller inside the water pump burned up, You know the one thats suppost to be changed every 2 yrs?.. ya that one. Well when the engine overheated it burned the hydraulic line. Along with the shift cable was acting up.

o well its part of boating.
Old    lakesideluver            09-07-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
hey mike im on my second prop this year also, how was the comp? ive fallen on sick days here, id still luv to learn that tantrum so if your boat is in business hows about riding this week? my boat is always available as well let me know
Old    upupnaway            09-07-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
Hey mike, I have a new prop on order, so We will be up and running within the next couple of days. The good news is that many people seem to have put their boats up for the winter, so traffic has been minimal since labor day. let me know when you are feeling better, I will teach you the tantrum, you can teach me the back roll.(I am dying to learn that one..I saw several people doing them this weekend, they look so much smoother than the tantrum.)
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2003, 9:11 PM Reply   
sounds like my summer Gee, I love owning the boats.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-07-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
spend $150 on a fish finder style depth finder and you can save a LOT of money in boat repairs.
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-08-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
I find your experience at Munson's interesting. I have bought two boats from them recently, and I have never had a problem. The service department is second to none. Johnny has been working on inboards for like twenty years, and believe me, he knows his stuff. They send their techs to all of the training programs that are available, and they try to accomodate everyone. Munson's doesn't sell Moombas, and actually, I am surprised that they serviced one. Anyways, your starter should be warrantied by the manufacturer. Besides, shouldn't Barrington Marine be handling the repairs on your Moomba? They are the local Moomba dealer. I assume that you still have the Mobius that is in your profile. Anyways, I will continue giving Munson's my buisiness, and nobody else touches my boat except for Johnny and Rich.
Old    leslisa            09-08-2003, 6:26 AM Reply   
My heart goes out to you. What sucky luck. Hopefully this will be the last thing that goes wrong for awhile.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-08-2003, 7:30 AM Reply   
Well, I for one feel a little less cursed. ha ha
Glad to see you still have your sense of humor man. The old cliche' "when it rains it pours" is in order.
I remember your story of how no one fessed up to thrashing the 1st prop - not yet eh? Hang in there cause it'll only get better, but I agree what luck. I always ask myself, "what I'd do to deserve this?" but later on you realize that life is a series of challenges and the more you face the stronger, steadier, smarter and more agile you become.
Old    lakesideluver            09-08-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
mike i disagree.....i think the backroll looks cool, but the tantrum just has a more "huge" look to it, we are on, let me know any day this week ill call yall today matter of fact