Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-18-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
I was out this weekend and as usual there were plenty of people who are clueless on how to drive boat. It's pretty bad when a Malibu is out driving around in circles and whipping power turns and then some guys in an I/O actually have respect for the water and take turns with us. I don't usually expect much out of I/O's but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised. I figure if your driving an inboard you should probably have a clue.

One of the guys I was with said that back in the day when he first got to the lake a few skiers rolled up to him and handed a sheet to him which explained how to drive properly and why. He said it changed his whole perspective on it.

Does anyone have something like this made up that they can post? If not I am going to work on one this week and keep copies in my boat to give to people. I have tried to explain it to people but I think try to explain it sometimes comes off as being an or they just don't get it. Basically I'm looking for something with some small illustrations on turning around and coming back up your own line, not doing power turns and why they screw up the water for their own riders, common sense safety etc. I know there is the "Don't be that Boat" article but I am looking for something even a little more basic for the people who just don't get it.

Thanks
Stan