Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
Would a Alpine PDX-5 be enough to power 4 of my stock kenwood inboats and my stock Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW12". I'll run the front two speakers off the head unit unless this amp has enough to power them too.

I bought two PPI 900.4 two run the REV 10's and inboats, but the rev's where so loud I decided to just use two channels of the PPI two run the sub instead, then when money allowed I would upgrade the inboats to handle all of one PPI and buy another sub amp that never happen LOL. But running the sub off the PPI doesn't really work, I'm guess the cross over doesn't work enough to cut the voices out of the sub. I'm a rookie so maybe I have the amp set up wrong.

Anyway I found a good deal on a PDX-5 for what I could sell one PPI for. I'm just not sure if it will work.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-06-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
I have pro80's and the PPI900.4 bridged seems odd to me. I have to have the volume knob at 30 to hear at Wakeboard distance where as a friend running JL amps his volume knob be at 20 & it's loud as heck, should be the same wattage. Amp gains are up, seems off to me? Or is yours like that?
Old     (LYNRDSKYNRD)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-06-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
I had the same issue with a PPI 900.4 my installer said that vocals were bleeding through when he bridged it for the sub.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
I have a friend with a sync 4 I think running REV 10's and He seems to get more volume quicker too. But for the price I'm happy with what I have and his doesn't really seem to get to much louder than mine.
Old     (JohnAr)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-06-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Your head unit doesn't highpass filter on the subwoofer pre-amp output?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
I think it does,

So are you saying I should hook the RCA's up to that on the back of the headunit?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-07-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
where are they hooked up now?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2014, 7:47 AM Reply   
I think the tower amp is off the front out-put and I'm pretty sure I left the other set of RCA's hooked up to the rear out-put connections
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2014, 7:48 AM Reply   
The radio is the stock kenwood KTS-MP300
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
No subwoofer pre-output on the back of the head unit. Just front and rear out puts for the RCA's