Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (raequelhoffman)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-26-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Thank you Becky Carter for putting the event together and Isac, Ricky and Steve for bringing boats and driving us! It was awesome meeting so many more girls in the area. I wish I took more pics... I know some of you have! let's see them!
Evelyn Nelson has got to be one of my favorite influences...watching her style and being around her humor is always a treat! Some might fear girl drama or high maintenance when hearing about a bunch of girls wakeboarding and camping all weekend, but it was quite the opposite! It's great to see so many girls be stoked on riding and meeting other chick rippers!
-Raequel

It's not every day that I get the chance to ride with solely girls in a boat. I love how all the girls are positive and inspirational about riding. When I was helping out in the boat, one of the girls said how she was so stoked to be riding with a boat full of girls because she's not scared about falling. Whereas if she were in a boat full of guys, she would feel sorry for every fall she took and felt that her riding was was boring them. All I've got to say is THANK YOU Becky Carter for putting on this event and I can't wait to see you all next year!
-Danni P

I never thought that the Sheriffs would be on our side. I can't believe they blocked off a cove for us girls. It was so great to see every girl on my boat so happy and not getting frustrated at all. I could tell that they were all excited to ride all weekend. We also had a small rail jam that lasted til midnight with tiki torches and flood lights. It was great to see girls trying it the next day too! I also can't wait for another Girls Ride The Wake next year!
-Shawna

(Message edited by raequelhoffman on July 26, 2009)
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-26-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
WOW.. I just walked into the house after this weekend !! WOW WOW WOW

Every girl that was there was amazing to watch! the level these girls ride at is just amazing! It was one of the most fun weekends I ever had. Becky did an amazing job organizing the event!! Im so inspired after watching these girls ride!!

WHAT AN EVENT!!!!!!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
Thanks again to Hyperlite, WakeGirls.com, The Liquid Playground, DPC Films for providing The Chick Flick, CIE, Fringe, Riley Bangerter, Ali and her ThatWasRad crew, Myke Davis, Isaac, Steve, and Ricky for bringing your boats and driving all weekend! Austin Watts for the sick rails and winch, Raequel & Shawna Hoffman, Danni Petraitis, Evelyn Nelson, Shelby Kantar and Lizzie Williams for helping me out with the clinics and keeping those girls smiling on the boats all day, my Mom and Dad for helping me all day Saturday you guys are the best, Kim Connor for keeping me sane throughout the weekend :-) Most of all THANK YOU to all of the girls who came to the event. You are all the reason why I wanted to put on this event. Girls riding is so awesome and the more the better! I love seeing women's wakeboarding and wakeskating progress! See you all next year! Keep shredding!!!!!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-26-2009, 8:37 PM Reply   
Becky, congrats on your event, sounds like it was a great time, looking forward to seeing the pic's.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
This is the part where Riley Chimes in and posts the most amazing pic from an awesome event!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-26-2009, 8:49 PM Reply   
I'm stoked you all had such a good time. Myke just got home so I will get all the details from him but it sounds like the weekend was epic. Good job Becky and I look forward to seein pics and hearing more about it
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-26-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
sounds like fun...
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-26-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
This event was SICK and I can't wait to see all the pics! Looking forward to riding with you all next year!
Thanks to all who participated and helped to make this such a phenomenal event!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-26-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
Congrats and thank you Becky Carter for doing such a great job!!!!!

ALL of you girls ripped this weekend!!!

Pics to come soon
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-26-2009, 10:07 PM Reply   
sponsors get an early preview of said pics, right myke?
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-27-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Sounds like it was SUPER fun, sorry I missed out, but glad everything went smooth for you Becky! Can't wait to see pics, and I will definitely clear my schedule for the next one :-)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
It was a blast for sure! Looking at the pics now, Issac your wake is MEATY! Everyone had a blast! Can't wait for this event next year!

The cops! AWESOME! Guys would have never gotten the treatment that the girls did! They rolled on anyone trying to enter our cove! It was awesome!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-27-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
The cops came the next day in their patrol car and watched our rail jam! It was awesome! They told me to contact their station next year and that they'd come out and help us with whatever we needed! One cop even decked out his patrol car in the pink stickers we had! How many times can you talk about how awesome cops were?! Hahaha!!
Old     (cheeseman)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-27-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Becky, Glad you were able to organize an event that keeps wakeboarding moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work the industry needs it. Maybe you can get all the girls to come up to Villa Lagos this weekend for our next Nor Cal INT event and ride. Possibly qualify for the INT Western Regional in October representing Nor Cal and ride against other girls from So Cal, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Utah. There will be a free dinner on Saturday night and Karaoke to follow. Once again good job!!
Old     (berryessa_mom)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-27-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
All I can say is wow!!! What a super weekend. I couldn't be more proud of Becky for putting the whole thing together!!! Thanks to the Pros, the boat drivers, the cops, the photographers and everyone else who donated their time for this super fun event!!! I know 100% that the next one will be even better!!! Well done all!!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-27-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
Man.. how cool were the Sherriffs.. I dont even want to publicly annouce some of the stuff going on and the Sherriffs gave us a thumbs up and had big smiles!! They were awesome!!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I know everyone wants some photos so here you go!
Upload
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-27-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
Riley, was cool to chill with ya sat.. good times!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2009, 10:01 AM Reply   
Standing on the side of the boat chasing almost falling in hanging on the tower. That should have been a ticket!
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-27-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Sounds awesome. Where did this go down? Was it open to riders of all levels?

Lets see some pics of the riding!
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
I had so much fun at this event! It was great to have such a good mix of girls from our awesome pro/instructors like Raequel and Shawna, Lizzie the wakeskate queen, Danni, Natalie, Evelyn and Becky to all the awesome girl riders I got to meet from all over NorCal: Danielle, Erica, Christy, Amanda, Michelle, Michelle & Alexis, Tiffani & Triniti, Stara, Diana, DeDe, Laura, Jamie, and the rest. It was cool to meet you all and see so many girls stoked to progress their riding. Big thank you to Isaac, Steve, and Ricky for bringing your boats and driving for us all weekend and for doing the rails/winches. I had so much fun hanging out with all of you and esp. my girl Lindsey- your riding was awesome this weekend! I totally loved learning the rails- looking forward to trying again at the next Spanky's. Hope to see a lot of you girls out there!
Old     (trinab)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
Oh, and check out Linz's new profile pic...taken this weekend at the event (by me!!) Nice poked out tail grab!
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-27-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
I don't konw about the poked out part, but tail grab none the less. :-)
Old     (linz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-27-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for the AWESOME shot you posted Riley...
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
OMG I can't even find the words to express how awesome this event was!! Becky..you rock girlfriend! You did such a great job planning this and bringing together so many awesome riders. I learned so much from Evelyn and Dani on the beginnger boat Saturday (woot woot!) and my daughter Alexa fell in love with Lizzie, Shawna and Raequel. So much fun and awesome to meet so many girls stoked to ride.

Can't wait for next year and we would love to help out again. I don't think Isaac is going to wipe his huge smile off his face for a while, he loved watching all the girls ride!

Now where will everyone be posting pics? I have some but may not get a chance to post before we head on vacation Wednesday morning..would love to see what shots everyone else got.

GIRLS RIDE THE WAKE 2009! loved it.
(can't wait to get my shirt and wear it proudly)
Old     (chambeda)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-27-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
Great job Becky, this weekend was so much fun!! Nice driving Steve...that was rad :-)
Old     (diana_chicostate)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-27-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
thank you hyperlite and becky for putting this incredible event on!!! your hard work paid off! I had a blast, it was great to see so many girls all together learning, shredding, and laughing! There was an energy out there like none I've experianced- girls ROCK! I can't wait to see all of you again next year (hopefully sooner if we all stay in contact), i'm sure this event is going to be an epic yearly tradition from now on. yay!!!
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-28-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
ok seriously now.. its Tuesday where are the pics??!?!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
They are being saved for something special :-)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-28-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
I accidentally deleted all of them! AHHHHHH

j/k
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Oh Riley
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
The tanks and t-shirts will be ready next week!
Old     (plegal01)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yeah!!! Can't wait for ours!
Old     (stefjelos)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanks Danielle!