Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (ikem2d)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-29-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
Looking for a wakeboard to fit a range of size/weight. I was looking at older boards since we're all new to boating and the sport. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-29-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
That will be pretty tough. Stance width and shoe size will also have to be a consideration. As a beginner, struggling with improperly sized and spaced boots can really take away from the experience. The CWB Pure, Kink and Flame are boards that work well for beginners. The Hyperlite Motive series and the Liquid Force Trip also get pretty high marks for beginners.
Old     (idrumyay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-29-2009, 8:11 PM Reply   
I second the LF trip...and recommend some CWB intermediate bindings with hinge tech. The trip is a great board for beginners (what I learned on) and if you take the center fins out it's a great board for advanced (same board Keith Lyman use to ride along with many other pros). The hinge tech bindings are a good choice if you plan on having a range of different foot sizes in them. Don't get too high up in the line though, as the bindings will be more specific to a certain size.
Old     (ikem2d)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-30-2009, 11:25 AM Reply   
thanks so much, I will shop wisely