Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2006, 6:05 PM Reply   
I'm trying to find an ipod mount for the boat. What are you guys with ipods using that will hold it securly? I tried the search function but didn't find much.
Thanks
Old     (enzosurfer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
velcro?
Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Hey Shane

When I got my iPod I faced the same issue. I purchased the drink holder mount (see photo) which I thought was a good idea, UNTIL I realised having the iPod exposed to a bow wash etc was too risky.

I then switched to an Otter Box (see photo) purchased some long AV cables and now have my iPod floating around my boat. Water's not a problem now, the only risk is if we drop the iPod overboard.

Hope this info helps.....

Cheers
Upload
Upload
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-20-2006, 7:12 AM Reply   
Shane,
If you need one of those drink holder for your Ipod I have one. I purchased it hoping to use it in my car. Dont go out and buy one. I will sell mine really chaep. I went with a different setup on my boat. I will post a picture when I get is all together.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-20-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Go on Ebay and search ipod acces.
We have a suction cup that attaches to the winshield with adjustable arm and a nice spot for the ipod to sit in.
cheap!!
Will post a pic when I get a chance.