Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-12-2005, 4:20 PM Reply   
anyone know a storage facility anywhere from Paso Robles down to Ventura that has decent prices for indoor storage?? i'm tired of exposing my boat to nature's elements. the rains this winter have beaten my boat cover strategy to a pulp. the guy where i store my boat outdoors now has indoor spaces available and wants $335 per month for 14ft x 30ft. Is that reasonable? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old    thegman            03-13-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Yikes...$335/month seems pretty steep for that part of the country. I'm checking prices on the Central Coast as well, if I come up with something I will post.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-13-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
FYI In the Sacramento Delta area the prices are around $145 for a 30ft deep storage. For anything more I would leave the boat outside, with a good cover. Set the cover up right and it will not leak at all.
Old    wakesetter789            03-13-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
over here in florida..orlando..its 87 a month for indoor storage..and you call up, ask to get your boat out..and you go pick it up at the loading area..i know that doesnt help just thought id share
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-13-2005, 7:32 PM Reply   
G-man, thanks. if you find anything let me know. I went to pull my boat out of storage this weekend where i had it stored outdoors and low and behold when i pulled off BOTH boat covers the entire inside was covered in mold. Water had leaked through 2 covers! i'm talking the nastiest mold you could find, black and green all over the entire seating front to back. it looked like bad leopard print. i should have taken a pic but i didn't want to be reminded of the disaster. It was a terrible way to start the season. I took it to the shop and even the shop owners were scared to touch it. They said it would take 2 weeks and lots of 303 and direct sunlight but most likely I would have to replace all the vinyl which might run $1500-2000!! Anyways, i'm done with the outdoor strategy so if anyone finds reasonably priced indoor storage on the central coast please let me know.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-13-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
You can use a soft brush (I have a horse face brush) and some non bleach soft scrub to clean it. With a little elbow grease you can have it looking just like new in a couple of hours. As to the covers leaking take the best one down and wash it in an industrial washing machine. Then use Nik-Wax breathable sealer and follow the directions. No more leaks...and still breathes to keep the mold away.
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-14-2005, 9:15 PM Reply   
thanks Pete, that Nik-Wax suggestion sounds like the key
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-15-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
Might I suggest you grab a SLO county Yellow Pages next time you are up? You can also check out their website. There are tons of places along the way & who knows you might find something cheap. It's expensive here, you know that!! Hey wanna go wakeboarding sometime???
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-15-2005, 8:44 PM Reply   
Stephen, I'll check out the SLO yellow pages when I come through there this weekend and i'll also take a look at the website. I know i can do better than $300+ per month. Where do you store your boat and/or do you know of any storage facilities in particular, i'd appreciate it. Also sure i would wanna hook up at Nacimiento. I'll be going all spring and summer so just let me know. I have to get more practice so i can pull flips like the one you're busting in your profile pic. I saw Nacimiento for the first time this weekend, have you seen the water level? you live closer so i'm sure you have. I'll post the pics of it i took this weekend.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-16-2005, 6:28 AM Reply   
Where can I get NikWax and how much do you think I would need for a 21 ft boat?
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-17-2005, 4:06 PM Reply   
man, this makes kansas not so bad, my dad pays 30 a month for having it stored inside at the marina, so we dont have to haul the boat to or from the lake.