Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-26-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Ha ha
Attached Images

Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-26-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-26-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
hahaha shreddin
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-26-2012, 4:50 PM Reply   
youre holding the handle wrong! haha. nice to see this is now the normal grip for people!
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-26-2012, 10:21 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Is my slingshot reflex really that bad?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-27-2012, 1:28 AM Reply   
Funny... I skiid a couple years ago just to make sure I still could.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-27-2012, 1:30 AM Reply   
(skied)
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2012, 6:10 AM Reply   
Lol, Good call Train!!
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-27-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
I slalom maybe once a year and I was shocked at how exausted i was after only a short time laying it down. If your gonna do it do it right.... Gloves, Shorter shorts...... come on !
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-27-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Ha ha good observations. I tried my best! Next time shorter shorts, gloves, hold handle like a bat etc.

Curt I have an explanation for not using your board. I was out on my uncles boat and my board always seems to get a few extra dings when I'm with him so I decided not to bring yours....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
Shorter shorts and gloves you say? It's been a good 15+ years since I was into slalom. Great exercise, but I love the wakeboarding.

Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-27-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
I have never even gotten up on a single ski before. Looks like a blast if your trying to go fast.
Old     (SteveAZ)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-27-2012, 11:31 PM Reply   
Hahaha...bring the ski over tomorrow...we'll get our nascar on...my neighbor wants to take some ski runs tomorrow afternoon (he has a nautique setup for skiing)...they also ski every morning at 8...but I don't get up that early.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-28-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
Hahaha...bring the ski over tomorrow...we'll get our nascar on...my neighbor wants to take some ski runs tomorrow afternoon (he has a nautique setup for skiing)...they also ski every morning at 8...but I don't get up that early.
Ha ha I appreciate the invite. The ski I am using in the pic is my dads old ski. The boots don't even fit. I really just went out to goof around. Skiiing really doesn't do it for me. It sure made the Pops happy though.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-29-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
I break out mine on my "annual" slalom run! However the older I get the more it freaks me out cutting hard through the 210s not so great slalom wake!
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-29-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
I feel like this is admitting defeat... skiing is so out of style
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-29-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rplogue7 View Post
I feel like this is admitting defeat... skiing is so out of style
YA BRO... totally out of style. I would venture to guess the OP's give a f*ck level pertaining to what you think is in style is a staggering ZERO :-)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-29-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
^^^ Roger that. I'm 44 and have a problem with snot nosed "style" Nazis. I'm out there to have fun no matter what I'm riding be it a ski, board, whatever.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-29-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Do slalom guys catch edge too? I would imagine a faceplant at that speed would knock you stupid for a minute or two.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-29-2012, 5:00 PM Reply   
You have to mess up pretty bad to catch the edge and get slammed on a slalom ski. Due to the extra speed there will be lots of skipping/sliding/somersaulting across the water, but since you're not ever spinning and sliding sideways you typically don't catch the edge. I think skiing is a blast, mixing it up between slalom and wakeboard helps me deal with it when I'm frustrated with my riding.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-29-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
^^^ Roger that. I'm 44 and have a problem with snot nosed "style" Nazis. I'm out there to have fun no matter what I'm riding be it a ski, board, whatever.
That's whats so addicting about boats. So many fun things you can do on and behind them. I don't think anyone really cares what a 15 year old kid thinks about whats in style. When I bust out the slalom ski its all about fun, goofing around and re-living my childhood before wakeboarding took over my world.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-29-2012, 6:25 PM Reply   
Do they make only ski boats anymore? or are they all crossover now? I guess that will tell you if they are out of style. I could not imagine spending 40-50k on a ski boat! Wakeboard boat, no problem.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-29-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
I spent a few hours at what is supposed to be the largest ski event on the west coast last weekend. Was awesome to see some of the originals from back in the day still hitting the balls and pushing the limits. Was very sad to see how little spectators were there though. My how the times have changed
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-29-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagman View Post
You have to mess up pretty bad to catch the edge and get slammed on a slalom ski. Due to the extra speed there will be lots of skipping/sliding/somersaulting across the water, but since you're not ever spinning and sliding sideways you typically don't catch the edge. I think skiing is a blast, mixing it up between slalom and wakeboard helps me deal with it when I'm frustrated with my riding.
I would be that guy that manages to catch what little edge it has then. I could be in a round inflatable bubble and still manage to catch an edge somehow.
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-29-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Do they make only ski boats anymore? or are they all crossover now? I guess that will tell you if they are out of style. I could not imagine spending 40-50k on a ski boat! Wakeboard boat, no problem.
Yes they make them. If Skiing was your thing you'd pay. Pretty sure there is just as much or more R & D in Ski boats as there is in Wake boats. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't buy a ski boat either....
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-30-2012, 12:14 AM Reply   
this made me think of a video i saw posted on these forums in the past.
this might not be the same exact video i remember, but it shows the same crazy stuff on a slalom ski that i remember
doing stuff like this is how you'd "catch an edge"
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-30-2012, 12:34 AM Reply   
skiing...fast? maybe if you can edge hard on a short line but barefooting is always fast and turning and sideways at 44mph...on your feet.
Attached Images

Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-30-2012, 1:43 AM Reply   
The newer mc prostar tourney editions are super sick