Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-07-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
I was with my friend at the lake and he pulled out a book. It had progressive steps from getting out of the water to learning advanced tricks. The book described these tricks in a sequence and suggested tricks that you should get comfortable with before going on to the next one.

Are there any experienced riders that would like to share what they think is a good order to learn different tricks, like a sequence from easy to difficult?
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       09-07-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
1. Switch
2. surface tricks
3. one wake tricks
4. w2w hs & ts
5. w2w 180s
6. w2k 360s
7. inverts
etc...
Old     (Romaswake)      Join Date: May 2013       09-07-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
I second that^ I watched a great video of Steel Laferty recently and he said that if your not grabbing the board on the tricks you know now, then you shouldn't be moving on to other tricks... I think this is great because it really helps with handle control, and overall makes you alot more comfortable on the water... and of course adds mad style points!

I'm curious as to what book he had?? I would love to pick up a hard copy of a bunch of trick tutorials!
Old     (Camsquared211)      Join Date: Jun 2013       09-07-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
I'm not sure, Ill ask him when I see him again.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-07-2013, 10:15 PM Reply   
The TSO Wake app is great if you're curious about things like this....Some tricks come easier for some than others. I landed hs and ts 3s before my first inverts but my buddy is doing tantrums/backrolls/scarecrows consistently but can't pass the handle for the life of him.
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-08-2013, 4:29 AM Reply   
There is a wake instructional called "The Book" that teaches tricks in order of progression, like you speak of. I have the DVD. Maybe this was what he was referring to?
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-08-2013, 7:00 AM Reply   
"The Book" by Kyle Schmidt and learnwake.com. Resources to learn from.